Car & Bike My old Lancer getting a much needed overhaul

A job well done Amey sir! :thumb:

I think I'll get a ride in your overhauled car sometime when I drop at Pune. About time we had one. Will ring you and appo later. :p

^ Met him few days back but it was the other ride not this one . Got to audition one of the sweetest ICE setups Ive ever heard :D

Amey said:
After waiting for 4 months, the car is finally back on the road.

Thanks to the TDM ECU, she revvs right upto 7k rpm (more but havent pushed yet).

Congrats ^:)^

BTW the 4G94 in the Cedia generates peak power at 5.5k rpm itself.. any use revving it higher? Or is power curve on this different?

And yeah shouldn't you be running in the engine :p

BTW the 4G94 in the Cedia generates peak power at 5.5k rpm itself.. any use revving it higher? Or is power curve on this different?
And yeah shouldn't you be running in the engine :p
I am not using the Cedia ECU, I am using a TDM ECU from a 4G93 DOHC engine. On this particular ECU, she goes berserk after 5k rpm right upto 7-7.5k rpm.
Well I have rebuilt the engine using the stock parts which came with the engine and since the engine was used, there wasn't really a need to 'Run it in' :D

Very cool job there.....

I think u should stop calling it a 'she'....... it is more of a 'he' now........!!!

Lol ok, point taken :D

A job well done Amey sir!

I think I'll get a ride in your overhauled car sometime when I drop at Pune. About time we had one. Will ring you and appo later.

Anytime Gannu, you are most welcome.Do let us know next time you plan a trip.
Although we have just completed the first stage and she is still bone STOCK, she is still fun to drive. Things will get more exciting after the 'REAL' mods are done but that will take a few months :)

^ Met him few days back but it was the other ride not this one . Got to audition one of the sweetest ICE setups Ive ever heard

It was nice meeting you for the first time Faheem.Glad you liked my ICE setup :)

ME ME ME ME I want a ride too last ride I had with him was full of adrenaline even though it wasnt his best I think

Sure mate,anytime. :)

Finally started building or rather assembling my ECU,months after it arrived.Now that my car is running, I can concentrate on these things.

A few pics that I took in the process,

My makeshift workbench :p
View attachment 11383

Starting off with soldering all the resistors first
View attachment 11381

Resistors,Diodes,Op-Amps,transistors,capacitors, etc. installed/soldered.
View attachment 11382

The Microsquirt module installed on the mainboard.
View attachment 11384

Almost there!
View attachment 11385

Took me 4 hours to do all this.Next in line is wiring up the Mainboard to the adapter board and then its time to flashing the firmware to bring the ECU to life and then loading a base map.

Thats all for now. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3781.jpg
    IMG_3781.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3785.jpg
    IMG_3785.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3780.jpg
    IMG_3780.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3788.jpg
    IMG_3788.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 96
Amey said:
Finally started building or rather assembling my ECU,months after it arrived.Now that my car is running, I can concentrate on these things.

A few pics that I took in the process,

My makeshift workbench :p

View attachment 11383

Starting off with soldering all the resistors first

View attachment 11381

Resistors,Diodes,Op-Amps,transistors,capacitors, etc. installed/soldered.

View attachment 11382

The Microsquirt module installed on the mainboard.

View attachment 11384

Almost there!

View attachment 11385

Took me 4 hours to do all this.Next in line is wiring up the Mainboard to the adapter board and then its time to flashing the firmware to bring the ECU to life and then loading a base map.

Thats all for now. :)
Boy..... I wish I could do sumthing like this......

Gudluck bro.... Keep it coming..... Loving it.....

View attachment 11481

First run on the E-Way after she hit the road around a week back or so :eek:hyeah:

Not bad considering the ECU is still in Limp mode thanks to non availability of Coolant Temperature sensor :mad:

Still on 185/70/R13 Michelin Energy XM1+ tyres so was a bit scared to go higher and sticky roads so backed off at 170 but good fun! :ashamed:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 111
Wow!!!! Thats some scary speed man, sounds like a lot of fun you had with the mods, so in all how much have you spent yet???? For some reason I missed the thread till now, but are the real Mods done yet? Or still left??

Holy shit! 170 kmph! Looks like the passenger whoever has clicked the snap, must have had a great time! :eek:hyeah:

Please drive safe - I know I shouldn't be giving that advice but I haven't seen a Lancer go that fast. :ashamed:

Wow!!!! Thats some scary speed man, sounds like a lot of fun you had with the mods, so in all how much have you spent yet???? For some reason I missed the thread till now, but are the real Mods done yet? Or still left??

Till now I must have spent around 2.5L but most of the crucial parts are still not used. The real deal is yet to happen. Right now the engine is bone stock, testing reliability and functionality of electricals,electronics etc. Running stock ECU so lets just say, we have just made her roadworthy, the mods to make her quicker are still not done.
Next step is replacing the Stock ECU with my standalone and learn tuning.After that will remove the engine again to replace the pistons and connecting rods to forged ones and install with the turbo.

Right now she should be putting down 120bhp/175Nm
After turbo with mediocre tuning and ~ 8-10 psi boost, we are expecting around 180-200 whp. then once its all working fine, bump the boost to 18-19 psi and we are looking at 320-330 bhp :eek:hyeah:

wtf!!!!! lol !!!! On which roads do you plan to test that much amount of torque???

But I have to give it to you, just like you were/are crazy in overclocking seems like similarly you are with cars, My conclusion - you are full time crazy, :p

thebanik said:
wtf!!!!! lol !!!! On which roads do you plan to test that much amount of torque???

But I have to give it to you, just like you were/are crazy in overclocking seems like similarly you are with cars, My conclusion - you are full time crazy, :p
Lol :p
I know its a bit crazy to have that much power in a lightweight car but anyway I wont be running 18-19 psi always,infact my plan is to keep her around 10 psi for daily use.This way I will get better reliability and since my standalone ECU has boost control inbuilt, changing boost is very easy, can do it anytime :D

I have only 2 passions, cars and computers..... So yeah I love to do something or the other related to these 2.

Some how I don't see pics on the first 2 pages . Congrats on the DIY mods . Thats great setup . Post some new pics of the car and parts :D .

Ho also post the pictures of the nitro buttons on the steering wheel :bleh: .

Whoa! I missed this thread all along!

We need to meet up - at least after the build is entirely done. I'd love to do a quarter-mile drag just for kicks, I know my Cedia's ass will be handed to me but still I'd love to do this. :D

Which tires for the final build btw? 205/60, PP2?

And, yeah, 170 is nothing for this. :) After you get stability - both in terms of body/tires and engine -, you can easily push for wayyy more. Safely of course. :p

Need.To.Meet.

Payne

Back