Car & Bike My old Lancer getting a much needed overhaul

ultimabasher said:
You better come to the next with that l33t car amey :p
Next what ? Meet I assume :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mav2000 said:
Awesome stuff man...do u need to order most of the parts from SE Asia or is it available here?
Various places actually,Australia,US,Taiwan,Local dealers,Open market,Japan etc.

congrats Amala , great documentation of the process too , this should become a bible for all the lancer tuners here :D

Wow, you seem to have run out of speedo there, cuz it looked like it still had some 2k revs left :eek:

Have you done any mods to the suspension ? Does it feel floaty or any vibrations in the steering ? And what about the brakes ?

I think I would be quite happy with the NA build itself :p Cannot imagine the amount of torque steer after u turbo it :lol:

congrats Amala , great documentation of the process too , this should become a bible for all the lancer tuners here

Thanks for the kind words Baatli :)

Awesome show Amey!
Thanks Gannu :)

Wow, you seem to have run out of speedo there, cuz it looked like it still had some 2k revs left :eek:

Have you done any mods to the suspension ? Does it feel floaty or any vibrations in the steering ? And what about the brakes ?

I think I would be quite happy with the NA build itself Cannot imagine the amount of torque steer after u turbo it

Yes we did run out of speed. We were doing 5-5.5k rpm when we locked the speedo.She was still going so I guess higher speeds are doable.
No suspension mods yet,currently on stock suspension.Will be upgrading suspension later on.She was very stable, no floaty feeling,vibrations etc. Basically I wasn't scared driving at that speed,that should say it all.
Stock brakes.Upgrading later on.So to compensate for the weaker brakes, I am assisting braking with downshifts to control the car.

Amazing stuff. I can't even imagine the feeling that you must be having while driving this ( after putting in so much efforts) :)

PS: The vid with your friends in the background is too funny :D

Fancy Speedos is not the priority right now. A speedo to check what actual top speeds she is hitting is the least of my worries right now. Immediate next step is to get the standalone ECU working and start remapping on it.

Amey said:
Fancy Speedos is not the priority right now. A speedo to check what actual top speeds she is hitting is the least of my worries right now. Immediate next step is to get the standalone ECU working and start remapping on it.
Exactly...

Had my first driving lesson today and boy am I exhilarated... :bleh:

Congo Amey, Looking nice....

Now I want to find me Avatar again with a pic of mine at 230Kmph :)

Have just been busy over the last couple of weekends (The weather in Goa is superb right now so just been going there )

But will surly give you a call one of these coming weekends,

would love to feel that power in you car, it must be awesome, it has a much lighter shell than mine,

so it should really pull well, or lets say push you into your seat well :)

Drive safe and have fun....

thetoxicmind said:
Well, most of us would love to see how fast she can really go! ;)
Well to be clear I had my driving lesson not in Amey's car but at a driving school, I dunno how to drive :ashamed:

For the exact speed reading and G-forces you could use a android phone such as the Nexus one with a car dock! Some extremely accurate GPS based speedo apps are there. They are far more accurate than stock speedo, little less than the professional GPS speedometers.

PS: I have both :p would love to try out the G-Force meter.. haha

Hi Amey,

I have gone through this beautiful thread and really your car looks awesome and the mind blowing speed is just WOW
. I recently bought a used Lancer GLXI - 2000 model but unfortunately i landed up in a really bad deal ... its
just 2 months and the engine has started showing its problem. The garagewala says its the problem with the connecting rod and the only way to correct out this problem is to overhaul the engine.
I am really not sure what to do :S .......... I need your expert advice ---
1 - Whether is should go for an overhauling or not ?
2 - What will be the approximate cost of overhauling with original spares replacement ?
3 - Which is the best service station in Pune where i can do this ?

I will really appreciate if you can spare some of your time in giving me your technical advice .

Thanks
Jiten

Back