Car & Bike My old Lancer getting a much needed overhaul

Good work Amey...looking forward to seeing this done. I had a lot of such ideas a long time ago and now most of them are well...still just ideas which look a bit far fetched now...so i kind of killed of the car ideas and decided to work on computers instead, as its a bit cheaper...

Anyway awesome work and great to see some people follow up on their dreams..though i wonder why you didnt start with a Cedia...

Whoa! I missed this thread all along!
We need to meet up - at least after the build is entirely done. I'd love to do a quarter-mile drag just for kicks, I know my Cedia's ass will be handed to me but still I'd love to do this.

Which tires for the final build btw? 205/60, PP2?
And, yeah, 170 is nothing for this. After you get stability - both in terms of body/tires and engine -, you can easily push for wayyy more. Safely of course.

Need.To.Meet.
Payne

Thanks Payne :)
Considering 205/50/R15 Advan Neovas or Pilot Sport 3 after the final build.
I know its capable of more but the ECU is still in limp mode and thanks to this, she is guzzling fuel.Eagerly awaiting the CTS to arrive.

Meh... if I sit in that car I would be holding on to some pillar of the car...

Lol its not that scary :p

Good work Amey...looking forward to seeing this done. I had a lot of such ideas a long time ago and now most of them are well...still just ideas which look a bit far fetched now...so i kind of killed of the car ideas and decided to work on computers instead, as its a bit cheaper...

Anyway awesome work and great to see some people follow up on their dreams..though i wonder why you didnt start with a Cedia..

I already had the Lancer with me for the past 10 years but with a diesel engine. She had never taken a hit from front or rear so chassis was good to start off.

^^He didn't want to throw his old car I guess.

BTW are you still on stock brakes?

Well yeah :ashamed:
Ordered for bigger front brakes and rear disc conversion.

thebanik said:
wtf!!!!! lol !!!! On which roads do you plan to test that much amount of torque???

But I have to give it to you, just like you were/are crazy in overclocking seems like similarly you are with cars, My conclusion - you are full time crazy, :p
+1 and cong on high speed 170 kph so not bad p.s the hyundai verna with 100 bhp with 1.6cc can drag max 185-190 kph that your car :p

Arun.P said:
+1 and cong on high speed 170 kph so not bad p.s the hyundai verna with 100 bhp with 1.6cc can drag max 185-190 kph that your car :p
I know because I have the Getz CRDi which has the same engine. Btw, you forgot, the Getz/Verna has a turbo, mine is not yet installed ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Since imgx.org has gone down, so are all my pics. So uploading all pics again for those who cant see the pics anymore.

Engine procured

Old workhorse, the diesel unit rested after running flawlessly for 2,40,000 Kms. :)

Engine bay preparation to make way for the new engine to go in,

Engine dismantled for a rebuild (Although not needed,we still wanted to know exactly what conditions the internals were in)
Since we had opened the engine anyway, we got the block honed and crank polished.

Head work completed,
Head faced to a few microns to check warpage, blueprinting done on both exhaust and intake ports and polishing for smoothening the casting burr.

Chassis,chassis member strengthening,
To improve the rigidity and avoid excessive flexing and stressing chassis members ( Expected after turbo)
The lancer is based on the Evo5/6 platform and has a very strong chassis and can handle decent amount of power and abuse but considering the fact that the car is 10 years old and our road conditions not being that great, there is expected to be some amount of fatigue.To be on the safer side we decided to do the strengthening. Never hurts to be safe, does it ? ;)

Chassis member painted after reinforcing and ready to be fitted back,

Engine bay painted,

Parts start arriving,

Connecting bearings,main bearings, decompression gasket

Mishimoto front mount intercooler,

Wiring Loom (both interior and exterior), high pressure fuel pump,billet high pressure fuel rail,

Looming work almost completed,

Forged pistons,forged connecting rods,wideband O2 sensor+controller, standalone ECU kit,

Mitsubishi TD05 16G Hybrid turbo (Evo4 compressor housing and Evo 9 hotside housing,for quicker spooling)

Engine goes in,

The ones after this stage are there I guess, if not I will upload them later.

Thanks,
Amey

I've done 200+ on multiple occasions with the same engine and the heavier body shell of the cedia. With the lancer's shell I'm sure with the engine still stock it'll easily get to 200 when the ecu limp mode is fixed. With a turbo, only sky is the limit :p.

PS: I'm told the 250bhp N+ cedias crack the 100 in under 6 secs.

Got the Coolant temp sensor last evening, the ECU is not in limp mode anymore! I can already feel the change in the way she behaves.She is much more eager,quicker and overall smoother.All the shaky stuff is gone! :D

FaH33m said:
^ :O ! We will see Ameya at the drag race @ Speed Run then :D .

I dont think I will enter any drag races, that never was the intention of this build.

^ I know , I know ..:p But I really wonder what the 0-100 and a 200+ feel like in this car .Hopefully will get a ride someday . :)

^ thumb up u have done max 210-220 kph stable on update extra turbo challenge part and cong man on modified the new thing etc.. and keep drive the old card is gold :)

A slightly better video, ignore the video title and conversations going on in the background :rofl: because this vid was taken by a friend sitting at back on his phone cam and posted by him.

forgot to upload this one yesterday, acceleration from stand still :) The video is being shot from in a tuned 1.6L Opel Corsa ;)

Back