PC Peripherals Need a long lasting good quality wireless mouse

Hi guys,

I am looking for a good quality, durable, and long lasting wireless mouse.

I am willing to spend up to INR 1200 for a good mouse. Maybe a bit more if the quality is really good, and it will last longer.

I haven't owned a wireless mouse till now, but I think it is time to own one.

I have been buying wired Logitech mouse since I have been using personal computers. They were very good in early years, but lately, I feel that their quality has gone down significantly. Their mouse, or even keyboards, start to misbehave pretty early. I have a Logitech M105 currently, which I had bought for use with laptop... sometimes has the problem of right click menu coming up when I click the left button.

I even tried an HP mouse before that, but that too went bad just after its warranty, with its scroll button not working. Add to that, no one repairs these mice. Would be great and cost effective and also green, if a simple thing such as a bad scroll button was fixed. But no, they just want you to throw a rather good mouse away, and make you buy a new one.

Anyways, I want a wireless mouse for simple desktop usage. I am not a gamer. I just need it for day to day usage, like browsing, watching movies, etc. Not heavy stuff as such, but yes, I do tend to use the PC throughout the day sometimes, and that way, usage can be more. But, I am planning to cut on that.

I only have idea about Logitech mouse. So, from the Logitech site, I shortlisted some choices.

M331 Silent seems to be best.

M235 does not support Linux, so I did not consider it. I do not use Linux currently, but do intend to try it out in near future.

M190 seems large and also doesn't have silent clicks, so left it out.

M221 is a choice, but M331 seems better for the long run.

If there are any other good suggestions from other brands, please suggest. Remember, I have no idea about the quality of wireless mouse of other brands, so please suggest really good quality mouse. I always look for products which will last a long time without any issues, because I operate in a budget, and cannot afford to spend money frequently.
Hi,

I had bought a Dell wireless mouse in 2014, which lasted till 2019, which means five full years and not once did it give me any trouble. When it comes to a wireless mouse, my advise would be to go for either Dell or HP. That said, I've noticed that the quality of products made by even reputed brands has not been entirely consistent in the last few years. But, seriously, I'd not go for any other brand for a wireless mouse, apart from Dell or HP.

Hi,

I had bought a Dell wireless mouse in 2014, which lasted till 2019, which means five full years and not once did it give me any trouble. When it comes to a wireless mouse, my advise would be to go for either Dell or HP. That said, I've noticed that the quality of products made by even reputed brands has not been entirely consistent in the last few years. But, seriously, I'd not go for any other brand for a wireless mouse, apart from Dell or HP.
Did Dell/Hp have Invisible GREEN LED (light) as we found in most of Logitech Wireless/Bluethooth Mouse?

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. But, I have decided to go again with Logitech this time... gonna give it a chance again, and let's see. Most probably will go for M331. I have yet to inquire its price from a local shop. Once I do that, I will buy from wherever it is cheaper... online or local shop.

I will update here for sure. My health is much better now, but I am not able to go to the shops because I don't have a two wheeler, and that market doesn't have parking space for four wheeler vehicles. Plus, it is far. Also, covid cases are on the rise here currently. Don't know when I might be able to go.

@Emperor , are you planning to buy Logitech mouse again?

I read some reviews for best wireless mouse, and M331 looked better to me. Also, it specifically says that it works with Linux, whereas HP and Dell models in the price range don't seem to be compatible with Linux. So, I will go with Logitech M331 this time.

Oh, restrictions there in your place? Here some restrictions have gone into place, including lockdown at weekend. Yes, seems like situation won't be improving for a while. I really hope the situation for a complete lockdown doesn't occur, because it brings unnecessary tension of having to arrange for vegetables and groceries. Plus, the poor suffer a lot more.

I am in no hurry to buy this mouse though, I have a working mouse presently. So, I can wait.

Hi guys, I finally ordered the Logitech M331 from Amazon, and got it for 995/- from the sale. I wanted to ask the price from a local shop first, but I wasn't able to go, and did not want to miss the chance of sale, so I ordered from Amazon.

Will post feedback here after I use it for a few days.

I wanted to ask something. I ordered 2 other products with the mouse. All the products arrived in my city as per tracking. Delivery is scheduled today till 9 PM. Other two products arrived at their final destination and I got the notification just earlier, that they are out for delivery too. But the mouse hasn't yet arrived at the final delivery station. So, what do I do about that? I called the delivery guy from the number that I got in the notification, but he was unable to help, and he asked to call Amazon help.

So, should I wait till the scheduled time of 9 PM today, or should I ask Amazon about the mouse?

This seems quite suspicious to me that all three products arrived in the city but are not being delivered together.

Is this common? Has this happened to someone before?

I hope they dont update that all the items have been delivered, otherwise I wouldn't even get a refund.

SPECIALLY with Amazon delivery person in DIWALI days ... 5 days before DIWALI and 2 days after Diwali, they NEVER able to find my Address and re-schedule delivery...

no such issue on NORMAL DAYs ;)

Thanks @Kaleen Bhaiya .

Oh, so they also reschedule delivery. That's good to know. But, I had to go out today, and now I will have to wait for the delivery. Hope it does arrive today.

@Emperor , you were also looking to buy a mouse, right? Which one did you buy?

Last edited:
That's good to hear @Emperor ... hope it keeps working for long.

So, I got the mouse finally last night. I got the notification for "out for delivery" around 5 PM, and I was waiting for it, but it arrived at around 9:15 PM. I had called the delivery agent at around 8:50 PM but he didn't pick up. After 9 PM, I checked and saw the message on Amazon that your package is late and expected date was 29-31st Oct, and it also said that if I did not receive it by Monday, then they will help me get it. So, I thought that I wouldn't be getting it yesterday, but just after that the delivery agent called me and delivered the mouse. Was quite a relief.

Coming to the mouse... it is really really silent, and I mean REALLY silent. And it is also quite soft to press. The first time I clicked it, I didn't even feel the click and I clicked it twice or thrice actually LOL. The PC was booting and things are slow to respond then... then I realized the mouse is really silent. Took me a few clicks to get used to this soft silent click. So, from operating point of view, the mouse is great.

The material does feel a bit like cheap plastic when you hold it initially, but when you get used to it, it feels good. The side grips are good, and it seems ergonomically designed.

Movement is pretty good too.

I find the scroll movement is not smooth like the other mice I have used. But I think it should last long. Scroll click also seems a bit hard, and not soft, like the left and right clicks.

It has invisible optic, which is great.

Overall I am quite satisfied with the mouse, and I will recommend it personally. I hope it doesn't develop any issues for long time.

And finally, I am free from one wire atleast :D. Less clutter on the desk.

BTW, do you guys take any precaution when you receive packages from online? Do you sanitize or something? I am still cautious and I keep my mask on and open the outer covering and discard it in the dustbin, and wash hands after that.

Better to take precaution than being lazy.
True that! Good to know I am not the only one taking precautions LOL. Although my brother and his family don't follow this. They open the packets straight away. Same with groceries and all.

I generally tend to keep groceries away for 3-4 days or more before using them. Or, if they can be put in a container and package can be discarded, I do that... and wash hands after with soap.

generally tend to keep groceries away for 3-4 days or more before using them
You can put it in a sink with water and add salt, washing soda to it and keep it for some time. We do it for veggies, fruits and things which can be washed. It helps you to get max nutrition given that the items have poor shelf life and rid it from virus or any other pathogen.

By groceries, I meant the kirana that we get... like flour, oil, rajma, daal etc. These come in packets. Earlier, in the starting days, I used to wash them with soap and water, but now I just keep them for a few days. Veggies, we do wash with water. Although chances of infection happening by these is very low, but I don't want to take any chances. Second wave was terrible and very scary.

BTW, I went with my friend today to buy keyboard and mouse for him. Got Logitech MK120 keyboard mouse combo for 800/-, with 3 years warranty. I was quite surprised to hear the 3 year warranty, and I confirmed with the shopkeeper if it was true. I told him nowadays it is just one year warranty. He said for some products they are offering 1 year warranty. Also, the same product is available on Amazon for 1295/-. That's quite a lot of difference. Bought the combo, as given the price and warranty, it really seems like a great deal.

I inquired about price of M331, and they didn't had the mouse. That's the problem with shops here... they will suggest you what they have. They have no knowledge about the current or prevalent products. It's almost useless asking them for a particular model of any product, unless it is a very popular one. I am glad I bought it online, while it was on sale.

I am loving my experience with M331. I just love how the clicks are soft, and literally without any noise.

Back