Need Advice for Wifi Router to cover Multi-floor

rravikantt

www.fb.com/ravikanthphotography
Disciple
What is the best solution to buy a reliable wifi router to cover multiple floors? 3 Floors to be precise and around 1000 square feet area.
I will be using it with BSNL Fibernet.
Will a single router suffice or do I need to get an wifi range extender as well?
Budget - 3K (Can stretch a bit, for one router solution).

Last edited:
Typically wifi routers go decently through walls but poorly through floors and ceilings. Ideal would be at least one router per floor.

In that case using wifi range extender is the budget solution. As mesh routers are very expensive.
Tp-Link has one mesh system, which allows the routers and range extenders to work like a mesh network with single wifi name for all devices. Is that the best solution or is there better brand with similar feature?

Last edited:
Range extenders are barely enough to extend horizontally, doubt they would work well enough between floors. I'm not in touch with the brands available right now, others please chip in with suggestions.

@vivek.krishnan

Good mesh router are costly and not many people I know are using so it hard to know hand on experience.

I would suggest extend lan from main router to every floor and plug cheap router on every floor to cover all area..

Back