PC Peripherals Need an ergonomic chair

My chair is doing good, but it's only been a couple of weeks since I got it :D No idea how it will fare over long term (ab)use! Overall impression is that it is "OK" but not rock solid. Seems like it might wear down or even break after some time too. Happy with it, for now.

I dunno about the Hugo chair, but looking at the webpages, it seems the Venturi is slightly wider (2 inches more) and has some adjustable stuff, whereas the Hugo claims to have lumbar support, but my Venturi seems OK with the lumbar support too. Price seems to be the same for both.

@Julian I have been using the chair for around a year, the chair seems solid, I am pretty heavy. The wheels on the chair are quite smooth. The lock and tilt function work decently well too. The chair can hold upto 150kg. The only downside I find is lack of cushioning, still very comfortable and decent lumbar support, I sit anywhere between 3-6 hours on weekends, if you want more cushioning, please look at the Mika variant. Also, if you do plan to go with the Urban Ladder, please use my referral code (YOUxME_Jaskaran_IQ26QR), you would get 20% off and I would get a voucher too.

^^ thanks for the feedback. And the code. I was wondering if i would get a discount like Vishal did.

I'm not looking at the Mika because i want a mesh chair. In fact i would like a mesh bottom too but there aren't any such options. So Venturi or Hugo it is.

Featherlite seems rather expensive. Wonder if it's worth it...

^^ thanks for the feedback. And the code. I was wondering if i would get a discount like Vishal did.

I'm not looking at the Mika because i want a mesh chair. In fact i would like a mesh bottom too but there aren't any such options. So Venturi or Hugo it is.

Featherlite seems rather expensive. Wonder if it's worth it...

Yea, Featherlite is expensive, I was looking at their Optima series, then decided against it. The Hugo seems narrower than Venturi, also the mesh pattern is a lot tighter than Venturi. I am not sure if mesh bottom would be comfortable, you generally require cushioning if you are going to be seated for longer duration. Anyways, if you are in Blore, you can visit their experience centre and try out the furniture firs hand.

OT: I had earlier created a new account on UL for the first time a couple of weeks ago to order a single seater recliner sofa, again a cheap-ish one for 14k here https://www.urbanladder.com/products/tribbiani-recliner . This one too is comfy enough. Using it to vegetate in front of the TV.

Can you give some feedback on the recliner too? I'm actually considering buying this very same one. The cheapest one they have, the Bertie, seems to have very little padding on the arm rests. The tribbiani seems to have 3 options. Two seem to be fabric and one 'leather'.

I got the brown fabric one. Since it's new it's pretty comfy with the soft cushioning but there doesn't seem to be good back/lumbar support, but this is while it's upright. I mostly use it in the fully reclined position.

Couple of gripes I have with it are firstly the leg/foot rests are too short for me (I'm 6 foot) so my feet hang off it by just a few inches, bit uncomfortable. Secondly you can't only recline the back while leaving the footrest down, they both move together.

I find it a bit cramped for my size - it could have been wider - but I guess those are the expensive models :D

Another one is that if you only partially recline it, then it easily moves up/down a bit, so I just keep it fully reclined where it stays put.

I find it hard to avoid falling asleep whenever I sit in it!

Really sucks about not being able to operate the footrest independently. Partial recline is a requirement for me. Your saying, if you recline it say halfway, it could tilt into a full recline or forwards on its own?

Not that drastic (not full) the movement is minor here and there if you are also moving around - but that could be due to my weight :D

I have neither the height nor weight problem so should be perfect for me!

In the full recline position, do you have to tilt your neck, you know chin to chest, to see a TV at table height?

Also is the fabric rough and potentially itchy? I think the leatherette is PU which wouldn't be itchy but then again could get sweaty without the ac on.

Btw, i don't think any recliner can have lumbar support, they have way too much plush padding and cushioning for that.

Yeah you have to tilt your head a bit I guess. What I do to avoid strain (not that I've felt any so far) is to keep the recliner at a slight angle (turned to the left or right a bit) so that my head is not only tilted down by to the side which stays comfy.

Fabric seems to be smooth, not itchy. But I dunno about you, I don't sit butt naked on that thing. hehehe.

Dang look at us talking highly technically about how best to be lazy and vegetate in front of the TV lol :D

Hey, there's a right way to do anything. Including being a couch potato. Be the best damn one! Now, who makes the best wafers...

Do you think if it's in the half-reclined position, you can watch straight on? I had neck issues due to bad tv watching posture, sorted now, but don't want to risk it again.

@Julian I have been using the chair for around a year, the chair seems solid, I am pretty heavy. The wheels on the chair are quite smooth. The lock and tilt function work decently well too. The chair can hold upto 150kg. The only downside I find is lack of cushioning, still very comfortable and decent lumbar support, I sit anywhere between 3-6 hours on weekends, if you want more cushioning, please look at the Mika variant. Also, if you do plan to go with the Urban Ladder, please use my referral code (YOUxME_Jaskaran_IQ26QR), you would get 20% off and I would get a voucher too.

Used your coupon to place an order of mika chair. Will provide a feedback once it is delivered.

Great, I just ordered a Mika (white) too, enjoying the great looking and pretty comfortable chair!

White is what I have also opted for. Red will be easier to maintain but this shade of red is an eyesore for me. Crimson Red (like in Assassin's Creed :tongueclosed: ) would have been perfect instead of the one that is available.

How is the shipping feedback for Urban Ladder?
Their estimated delivery says around 15days, which is a bit on the slower side imo.

That is an optimistic estimate, I got the same but they delivered both my recent orders from their Bangalore warehouse to Pune within 3-4 days. I guess it depends if it is ready or if they have to manufacture it on demand.[DOUBLEPOST=1500193474][/DOUBLEPOST]Shipping and delivery/installation experience was stellar for me.

White is what I have also opted for. Red will be easier to maintain but this shade of red is an eyesore for me. Crimson Red (like in Assassin's Creed :tongueclosed: ) would have been perfect instead of the one that is available.

How is the shipping feedback for Urban Ladder?
Their estimated delivery says around 15days, which is a bit on the slower side imo.

The shipping and installation is extremely professional, as for the timelines, I got my chair delivery within a day! The shipping timelines are worst case, you should get it before that. Also, they will call you requesting a delivery slot, based on the slot, the product will be delivered and installed. This is my second purchase experience, first time around bought a computer table and venturi chair, this time just the Mika, both times extremely professional and great experience overall. FYI, there was something wrong with their card machine, since I was getting late for office suggested to pay online, I couldn't make the payment during the week, and they were pretty patient about it.

I am going to go with a white and black theme for my Ryzen box, so went for the white chair as well. So far so good!

You guys think it's worth it for me? I'm 6"3 & about 93kg.. I think I also saw it on Amazon

It does have rated capacity of 105 kg, may make you feel better, I am about 5'11 and around 100, the chair so far is more comfortable than the Venturi due to the cushioning. The Venturi can take loads upto 150kg. It is early days, but the Mika seems comfortable to me. Have spent about 7-8 hours over the weekend on it.

Back