PC Peripherals Need an ergonomic chair

voidzero

Disciple
Hey Guys,

Been around here [TE forum] for the last couple of weeks and having a great time. Thing is i'm in the market for a good ergonomic chair. I'm really sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, but I really didn't know where to post it... found this section the most relevant.

What I would like you guys to do is give me some info on what chairs you use and where they got em' from. I'm sure this will be a great help to all around here, as a good ergonomic chair has a very important role to play is most of our lives. I've seen some good ones in the rig gallery of some ppl.

So yeah i'm really looking forward to some info on where I can get me a good one. Pics would be most welcome if possible.

Cheers!

5000 bucks comfort office upright seater. Needs replacement very badly - chose a grey colour which has become very dirty. Need a good chair for my bad back.

Thanks for your reply tangentray, but a chair with "good ergonomics" is what i'm looking for. Don't think a plastic chair will do much good for my back! :)

I bought one a week back from a shop here in Vashi that has just office chairs and furniture. Paid ~5.5k. Not the most stylish nor is it made by some super brand but its very cool.

It has a high backrest going all the way upto my head when sitting. Hydraulic (standard in almost all chairs) and it goes up enough to squeeze my legs between the chair and table :p It reclines back more than most chairs I've seen but the most killer feature on it is the backrest locking mechanism which means you don't have to push yourself constantly or shift your weight to keep the seat in that position. I have the backrest locked into a fairly upright position while browsing and generally working on the PC, a little more reclined while playing games or racing :p and when its time to watch some movies or TV eps, back goes the seat fully like a car/airline seat (or better :D). The seat also points up a tiny bit so you can place a stool in front to put your feet. You can actually fall asleep on it and I have have!

Make sure your chair has the backlocking thingie! It's pretty awesome!

cyberjunkie said:
I bought one a week back from a shop here in Vashi that has just office chairs and furniture. Paid ~5.5k. Not the most stylish nor is it made by some super brand but its very cool.

It has a high backrest going all the way upto my head when sitting. Hydraulic (standard in almost all chairs) and it goes up enough to squeeze my legs between the chair and table :p It reclines back more than most chairs I've seen but the most killer feature on it is the backrest locking mechanism which means you don't have to push yourself constantly or shift your weight to keep the seat in that position. I have the backrest locked into a fairly upright position while browsing and generally working on the PC, a little more reclined while playing games or racing :p and when its time to watch some movies or TV eps, back goes the seat fully like a car/airline seat (or better :D). The seat also points up a tiny bit so you can place a stool in front to put your feet. You can actually fall asleep on it and I have have!

We want a review!! :rofl: :rofl: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

cyberjunkie said:

Sounds very interesting cyberjunkie, can you post some pics? that would be great! Thing is I had a pretty good chair, got it for around 6.5k last year. Now I do weigh a good 106 kgs. It is kinda funny that the wheels started breaking one by one and one fine day the whole bottom part gave way! It's made outta 0.5 cm thick plastic dunno how it could possibly break like that. I guess I need to join a gym too, alongwith my purchase of a new chair!

^ dude same here :). I too weigh ~105 and the wheels of my chair are breaking off. The third one broke off last week. Time to replace the wheels. I payed around 4.5k ~2years back. Have gained weight last 4-5months and this is the price im paying :(.

People - Any good branded ones that are available widely over India? I can spend a bit once and get a good one. But the question is what to get. I will post a detailed experience of trying to order a Goderej chair later. Got to go, have a presentation in the morning.

I'm located in Bombay, Thane to be specific. I don't mind shelling out in the range of 10k for a good throne as i've come to realise the importance of having a good chair! Looking for info on brands / location of shops you guys have bought your chairs from, so I can personally go and check em' out.

in 10k ull get royal shyt excuse me but 10k is alot for a chair :p , go2 any reputed furniture shop

if u want a good chair like a 6k chair for ~ 2k go2 the line of shops @ Goregaon west @ link rd and ull have good bargains available there , alot of my frens got very good chairs for cheap

One friend even got a nice ergonomic LEATHER chair which goes for the likes of 7-8k for 3k there :p

^Damn..i need a good chair too..but goregaon is way too far from my place..(new bombay..:no: ) Do they give home delivery? :lol:

Else, ne1 from navi mumbai, know whr to get a good chair? :S

Cheaper local fare use badly cast stands and castors that tend to crack.
Most of the stuff for the base, stand, lever is imported and the rest is fabricated here.

I had got a few made as per my needs but were not very comfy and had to return them. :(
I am more comfortable sitting on a dining chair with two hard pillows below my bum (for the added seat height i need). :p

But i don't think one can go wrong with Godrej or Featherlite ones- expensive but really nice and vast range. :)
nukeu666 said:
i always slide to front edge of the chair within 5 minutes no matter how i sit
stoopid gravity
Stoopid user. :bleh:
Its not gravity- bad posture maybe. :p
I hope you have taken off the plastic cover. :p
One can also set the inclination of the base on newer ones- check for that- yours might be preset to forward tilt.
Some have independent movement (asynchronous) and some are synchronous( base tilts and moves forward as the back reclines.) :)

Or it's just old, wobbly and needs fixing or replacement. :p

@ Private Ryan from New Bombay? Go to Arenja Corner, there's a furniture shop on the ground floor called Axiom on the corner facing the St. Lawrence school traffic circle. The ground floor has some 10-12 executive chairs, you might something there. The other place with this locking mechanism chair is in Vardaman Market which is 3 buildings away from Axiom if you're going towards Vashi Bus Depot. In that building on the ground floor there's one place for office chairs and furniture. They have another 10 models or so. Go check them out :p

even i need a good chair, the one am using is good but not for long use.

Switch start a GO for computer chairs re :p

Back