Audio Need Help Deciding IEM's.

Bro at the high end, you rather take something with good bass and also make sure whatever u end up buying, it can play well without amping..

You can always play with the bass via the eq settings of ur source, but if ur iem's lack bass and you want more bass, ur gonna COL...

Also for eg, if u have doubts on say the fit of the tf-10's, simply write it off ur list.

Don't get the Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10's. A lotta ppl who buy triplefi's end up loving the sound signature so much they end up custom remolding their triplefi's.

See Unique melody's remold from stereo singapore
Null Audio
Unique melody through Custom IEM

On a whole its a very very expensive affair so jus warning ya. Your about to go head first into a bottomless pit.
(Sarcasm Intended)

^Just kiddin, Love my TF10's, Just get comply tips and you'll be ok with the fit.

bennysachdev said:
Don't get the Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10's. A lotta ppl who buy triplefi's end up loving the sound signature so much they end up custom remolding their triplefi's.

See Unique melody's remold from stereo singapore

Null Audio

Unique melody through Custom IEM

On a whole its a very very expensive affair so jus warning ya. Your about to go head first into a bottomless pit.

(Sarcasm Intended)

^Just kiddin, Love my TF10's, Just get comply tips and you'll be ok with the fit.

Mindless waste of money isn't it? :p

Seriously if you can afford TF10 get it . No nonsense IEM .A sound signature which should appeal to almost anyone ,not very analytical / dry and yet very highly detailed. Best part its driven easily by and player .No need to spend on amps and stuff ;).

Triple Fi 10 seems nice and many of you guys have suggested it. I have pretty big ears, i have to use largest tips to get best fit.

i never knew they are from logitech!!, from where should i buy them?

also as my sig says i am gonna buy a headphone , IEM and a amp(one at a time) and i mostly use headphones when i am at home and thats most to the time, so i was considering to buy headphone first and IEM later(i guess i'll collect 12k again in 3-4 months).

i was thinking of D2000 how are those.

i know i should be clear first time(i won't let all your suggestions go waste) i'll buy TF10 but later.

also is it correct that at same price headphones provide better SQ.

^ Try and get a TF10 for around $200.

Currently, it's $280 on Amazon (and only ships within US). You can get it via Friends / ICCWorld.

On eBay, there are a few sellers with < $200 price, but those auctions ship only within USA. See if you can find one that can ship internationally and within a reasonable price (+ add customs to budget).

The third option is to buy it used - either within TE (difficult) or from Head-fi (if someone offers / agrees to ship internationally).

If I've missed any other cheaper / easier / better ways, guys will fill in soon ....

Logitech bought Ultimate Ears. So, nah! all that name and fame does not belong to Logitech, but to Jeff Harvey, if I am not wrong.

D2000 is a "decent" headphone. Faheem will fill in the details ;)

And as far as I've read, TF10 does not need an amp.

@ OP- Going by your feedback, I seriously feel you wouldn't like IEMs like Phonak PFE, RE-252 etc .They will be too neutral \analytical for you. TF10 suits your tastes perfectly .The other options are Sennheiser IE7/IE8 but they arent really value for money .Try getting hold of TF10 for cheapest possible price. I am sure you will love it . Fit issues will come up if you have really small ears . Use the Comply foams and you are good to go .:D
Regarding D2000 , they are amazing for the price. More bass oriented .Lot of heavy and tight punchy bass .Nice airy midrange and highly detailed treble .Soundstage one of the best for a closed cans .Currently the best sounding gear in my collecton . Sound signature is similar to TF10 other than TF10 bass being little less but it should suit you well if you need a good pair of hi-end cans .Don't need to spend on any expensive amps and stuff .A good DAC is more than enough to drive them to their best.

hey, anyone tried sleek audio sa6. with the kind of customization of sound signature they offer, won't they suit nearly every kind of music one listens to.

From what i remember they were available at jaben for 199$ a few weeks ago.

Logitech bought Ultimate Ears. So, nah! all that name and fame does not belong to Logitech, but to Jeff Harvey, if I am not wrong.
Oh ok.

Can i get them under 200$!! price i saw were 250$ on amazon and 24k on logitech website and 18k on lynx.
can i get them from kmd or can any member here help me?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I'll buy D2000 later if i can get tf10 under 200$

Think it will be quite difficult to find them under $200. Might be on ebay but then International shipping probably won't be available. Getting it via KMD might be an option if its priced at about $175, I'm guessing it would set you back between 8.5k to 9.5k. If I do decide to sell mine I'll let you know. Toxicdrift had two on sale, don't know if they're both sold.

Also, if you find a good deal on the M-AUDIO IE-40 get them, they're the same thing.

^ I think the cheapest way to get it is order directly from Ebay.com .238$ for the TF10. ~24$ for normal shipping and 37$ for Priority Mail Express shipping .Comes to about 13-14k . Ask seller to undervalue it to 20-30$ earphones .Should come through customs easily :). Payment via Pay pal , so that you can raise dispute if you don't get it in 45days .

Ritvik said:
Think it will be quite difficult to find them under $200. Might be on ebay but then International shipping probably won't be available. Getting it via KMD might be an option if its priced at about $175, I'm guessing it would set you back between 8.5k to 9.5k. If I do decide to sell mine I'll let you know. Toxicdrift had two on sale, don't know if they're both sold.

Also, if you find a good deal on the M-AUDIO IE-40 get them, they're the same thing.
Toxic sold both his TF10s. I was making up mind on buying them .I shouldn't have wasted my time thinking .I had not heard them before so wasn't sure ,after I got to audition it .I repented missing out on an amazing deal.

Amazon sells it for 282$ so KMD quote will be 16k+ .Can't find any cheaper way then Ebay international shipping .I would suggest paying that extra 14$ for a peace of mind and faster shipping .If seller is ready to undervalue , you have nothing to worry about.

Last option would be to look for used deals on head-fi for 200-250$ shipped.

Hmm if he goes via KMD and manages to find them on ebay for $175, it should work out to under or about 10k. But it seems like those days of 175 on ebay are gone. All of them seem to be 250 and above.

They're supposed to be great. But I'm not sure about build quality and comfort, they looked a bit oddly shaped. They come with detachable cables right?

yeah detachable cables, removable treble and bass ports to customize the sound signature and they have also developed this bluetooth module which enables you to listen to your lossless songs wirelessly.Also since the cables are detachable one can use them with or without wires(with the bluetooth module) as one pleases.

Problem is jaben or for that fact even sleek audio don't have it in stock.

they are available at amazon for 199$ and 299$ with the wireless module - same as the jaben offer.Though getting it from jaben would have been cheaper as Moshel would have helped out in that case.On shopyourworld.com they are showing 12,800

Interesting, so at some stage you need to charge your IEMs? Or can they be charged when you re-attach the cables? -------> (Pardon my "noobness" of electronics if that's not possibly even theoretically) :p

no you don't need to charge your IEM's. You only need to charge the bluetooth bundle which contains a reciver and a signal sending unit.The signal sending unit attaches to the 3.5mm jack of your pmp or computer and you detach the IEM housings from the normal wires and connect it to the wires of the receiving unit. The receiving unit is like the Motorola S9 albeit without the IEM housings. So even in case your bluetooth unit is not charged you can use them with the regular wires.

her check out some links suggested in this post at head-fi - Sleek Audio SA6 Reviews - Head-Fi.org Community

SA6 used to by my dream IEM when I had just started with PL-30 ,RE-2 etc.Don't remember exactly but I read somewhere that the current generation 200$ IEMs have a come a long way from the SA6 days . Its like the sound what we used to get for 150-200$ IEMs 3-4 years back is now available for ~100$. and similarly the sound we get from 50-60$ IEMs used to cost a lot more back then .

Back