Need help planning Dubai Trip

I was checking about the metro travel and found that children under 5 years is free so for me, I need to consider 3 people. I see there is 20 AED daily pass per person for unlimited rides in metro, tram and bus so I guess depending on the day and what all one intends to do, I have to decide whether it is worth taking pass for that day or take taxi. I guess if planning to see multiple attractions in a day which fall near metro will be a good day to use pass.
Check Niyo Global. It is zero balance saving account with 0% foreign currency markup fee. It can be used in most countries. Also useful if you buy something online in US$ (like Amazon.com).

I have got one, yet to use it.
How does markup work? Like I think IDFC Credit card has 1.99% markup, so say I end up spending 1L rupees on my credit card over seas, how does that 1.99% come into effect. Not sure about this part.

How does markup work? Like I think IDFC Credit card has 1.99% markup, so say I end up spending 1L rupees on my credit card over seas, how does that 1.99% come into effect. Not sure about this part.
With 1.99% markup, you pay Rs.2348.20 on 1L (1990 + 358.20 GST).

If you don't want a new account/debit card, OneCard CC has 1% (+GST) markup fee. This credit card is very easy to get.

I used it when I bought something worth US$ 284 earlier this year (I got Niyo later).

With 1.99% markup, you pay Rs.2348.20 on 1L (1990 + 358.20 GST).

If you don't want a new account/debit card, OneCard CC has 1% (+GST) markup fee. This credit card is very easy to get.

I used it when I bought something worth US$ 284 earlier this year (I got Niyo later).
Niyo is prepaid right? Or it is like regular credit card but without markup fees? Also, as you mentioned about markup fees, still the conversion these banks will do from AED to INR (possibly via USD) will be whatever they want right? Which will be more than exchange rate.

Niyo is prepaid right? Or it is like regular credit card but without markup fees? Also, as you mentioned about markup fees, still the conversion these banks will do from AED to INR (possibly via USD) will be whatever they want right? Which will be more than exchange rate.
It is a debit card of SBM (State Bank of Mauritius) zero balance saving bank account in partnership with Niyo.

Open an account, deposit Rs.5000 and request a debit card (no charges). After you get debit card, you are free to take out your 5k. Load it as and when required.

It is a debit card of SBM (State Bank of Mauritius) zero balance saving bank account in partnership with Niyo.

Open an account, deposit Rs.5000 and request a debit card (no charges). After you get debit card, you are free to take out your 5k. Load it as and when required.

Thanks for this. I may get this done right away even if it doesn't get used ever. Better to have backup. Btw any idea that if i use Indian Debit card, still the forex markup is done?

Thanks for this. I may get this done right away even if it doesn't get used ever. Better to have backup. Btw any idea that if i use Indian Debit card, still the forex markup is done?

Pretty much all cards issued by banks will have forex markup. Unless it’s a travel specific card that comes with reduced markup and other benefits.

Instead of using card for buying tickets for places if interest. I used klook to book them and pay in INR.

I have used it on different trips helping me avoid long queues to buy tickets at the venue. All I did was to carry the print outs of the booking.

Pretty much all cards issued by banks will have forex markup. Unless it’s a travel specific card that comes with reduced markup and other benefits.

Instead of using card for buying tickets for places if interest. I used klook to book them and pay in INR.

I have used it on different trips helping me avoid long queues to buy tickets at the venue. All I did was to carry the print outs of the booking.

This seems good option. Apart from discounts they offer, paying in INR using indian credit card would be great. Just that I should be able to get otp there.
Is sms receiving free on Jio even if I have not taken international roaming plan?

Also is printout needed or just some soft copy etc is ok?

This seems good option. Apart from discounts they offer, paying in INR using indian credit card would be great. Just that I should be able to get otp there.
Is sms receiving free on Jio even if I have not taken international roaming plan?

Also is printout needed or just some soft copy etc is ok?

I bought the tickets before leaving the country. That saved me from OTP troubles.

I used klook extensively before pre pandemic times. Print out was mandatory back then, at time of entry, bar code scanners are used to validate your ticket and let you in. I easily saved hours from queuing + markup fees.

Lastly, post pandemic period has seen massive surge in demand while airlines still struggle with manpower leading to delays, snags and high ticket prices. If you are planning NOW. Prepare with plan B and C at every step.

I bought the tickets before leaving the country. That saved me from OTP troubles.

I used klook extensively before pre pandemic times. Print out was mandatory back then, at time of entry, bar code scanners are used to validate your ticket and let you in. I easily saved hours from queuing + markup fees.

Lastly, post pandemic period has seen massive surge in demand while airlines still struggle with manpower leading to delays, snags and high ticket prices. If you are planning NOW. Prepare with plan B and C at every step.

I don't mind booking tickets for attractions that I am 100% going for. I guess tickets don't come with dates and probably have a time period in which they need to be used. Is my understanding correct?

I don't mind booking tickets for attractions that I am 100% going for. I guess tickets don't come with dates and probably have a time period in which they need to be used. Is my understanding correct?

This may vary. I had the flexibility if 3-5 days depending on the place I visit. Some expect you to visit only on the booking date while others were flexible by a few days. Check TnC before booking.

Can anyone tell me what is best strategy to check for airlines fares so I don't get ripped off? Because yesterday I tried on make my trip and such using my office windows laptop and even customer VDI desktop (US Server and IP) and I got same fares.
What other websites can I can check that does more aggregation?

For dates of 15 Oct BOM-DXB and return 21 Oct, I am getting 24K types price per ticket. Not sure if that is more. But one day be for 14 Oct and return 20 Oct gives me slightly better prices. My kid has holidays from 14 Oct to 28 Oct so have to plan during this time.
Also I guess Diwali week is considered rush period?

Tried using VPN?

Price looks OK, it usually averages 19-23k.

Google flights shows price graph that can help in gauging if price is higher/lower.

October is good time, peak tourist season starts from November. However, it does have a lot of return traffic due to holidays.

I think even if one plans to travel 3 days later from now, fare price difference will not differ much except for maybe 300-400 Rs per person
I agree with you on this but I guess pre requisite to apply for visa is return ticket right? At least that is what I saw on Akbar travels website. Also, I guess I cannot apply for visa until August end since once we get visa, we need to enter UAE in specific time frame (60 days?), right?

Yeah try VPN but also try windows or android device instead of apple because people like to inflate prices for those who can afford apple tax.

Yeah try VPN but also try windows or android device instead of apple because people like to inflate prices for those who can afford apple tax.
Yes doing that. I use my windows laptop now (work laptop) and will be trying my other laptop too. For android, I will use my tablet as I don't have android phone. Btw you are referring to apps in the android devices or website in chrome is also fine?

I did try the gologin thing someone mentioned before but I could not figure out its settings when creating profile inside it and for some reason, It was not letting me change my hardware device to something else than macbook/macos.

So I called Akbar Travels for Visa and asked whether having return air tickets is mandatory for applying Visa and the guy on other end told it is not needed. For now, I have booked my hotel in Bur Dubai with Pay Later option. I don't want to get tickets now (3 months before). I might apply for Visa mid of september and then buy tickets. Not sure if good idea. I am already getting 25K rupees tickets.

Check Niyo Global. It is zero balance saving account with 0% foreign currency markup fee. It can be used in most countries. Also useful if you buy something online in US$ (like Amazon.com).

I have got one, yet to use it.
Yesterday I was trying to register for Niyo Global Card and when they asked for File# from my passport, it kept saying expired or invalid file number. I have seen others facing this issue online. My passport is renewed in India and expires in August 2023.

I am not sure what to do as if this keeps coming, I will register card on my wife's PAN/ADHAAR/PASSPORT.

Yesterday I was trying to register for Niyo Global Card and when they asked for File# from my passport, it kept saying expired or invalid file number. I have seen others facing this issue online. My passport is renewed in India and expires in August 2023.

I am not sure what to do as if this keeps coming, I will register card on my wife's PAN/ADHAAR/PASSPORT.
I don't remember facing such issue when I registered a couple of months ago.

My passport file No. is something like DL0000000000000 (DL followed by 13 digits).

Flight Tickets Booked. Hotel reservation done (with free cancellation so I can look for options).
Now checking attraction pricing at their own website and various deal website to fig out best place and combination to buy. I am checking Klook and thrillophilia. The price versus what the attraction's own website offers isn't a lot different but with 4-5 attractions, I may be able to save few thousand.

Back