Need help with AC recommendations, 1.5 ton 3 star

ikkhan

Patron
Disciple
Going to buy a new ac have bought daikin 1.5 ton already need another 1.5 ton and i wanna try any other brand ,budget around 38k ,please do recommend which brand is great in this price especially in mumbai, i was going for Panasonic but my friend who is an hvac engineer mentioned their outdoor unit shells don't last long

Mitsubishi Heavy Industry ones are pretty good if you don't need smartphone integration or smart features. I have had a 5-star energy rating (1.5ton) model for the last 10 years and it has had no issues whatsoever.

The 3-star ones in their catalog will be right in your budget if you purchase locally.

I have two Carrier ACs at home. Carrier/Voltas/Daikin are my brands of preference. Bought in March '2024 Carrier 1.5 Ton 3 Star AI Flexicool Inverter Split AC (Copper, Convertible 6-in-1 Cooling, High Density Filter, Auto Cleanser, 2024 Model,ESTER NEO Exi+, CAI18ER3R34F0,White) for around 33K from FK. Installation extra 1299/- paid to technician. While it is running nice and cool, I suggest you to look at the shops first.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industry ones are pretty good if you don't need smartphone integration or smart features. I have had a 5-star energy rating (1.5ton) model for the last 10 years and it has had no issues whatsoever.

The 3-star ones in their catalog will be right in your budget if you purchase locally.

firstly comments like this dont help.
secondly, MHE is not available easily. the price range is also higher for a 1.5t 3 star, in my opinion.

check for mitsubishi electric acs - although there as well plan for 45k budget and 5-7k for installs.

I have carrier midea 1.5ton inverter AC....using since last 4+ years....works damn good i wud say and less electricity consumption. Service taken care by carrier themselves. Had to call them only once that to check the errors coming in AC.
You can check there AC.
If someone have any knowledge of window inverter 1.5 to AC....please share if anyone using....have to buy one in like 2-3 days.

Daikin but you've to shell extra for every part during installation.
Curious why do you wanna go for other brand when one thing already running good? Better recommendation would be General but it'd already put you out of budget

I bought Daikin 1.5T Inverter AC couple of years back and apart from issues that couldn't be avoided it has one major flow, The AC gets really dusty and you need to service it twice in a single season so I bought all the parts needed for service and service it myself, already saved closed to 1500rs. I won't recommend General because its out of budget so no point talking about it. Carrier is a good choice I bought 2T Windows AC last year and its good so far, you can go for it.

Daikin but you've to shell extra for every part during installation.
Curious why do you wanna go for other brand when one thing already running good? Better recommendation would be General but it'd already put you out of budget
The installation of daikin left a sour taste ,guy refused vacuuming or even quenching, overcharged for installation, and while the ac is great at cooling i just wanted to see how are the other options

The installation of daikin left a sour taste ,guy refused vacuuming or even quenching, overcharged for installation, and while the ac is great at cooling i just wanted to see how are the other options
Even I purchased Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star ac in March and faced similar experience with installation, they did not vacuum and said that it is not necessary as it is brand new, made a big hole in the wall and do not fill it up with white cement, and the ODU is vibrating and making buzzing noise when compressor load is between 70-90%. The guy came wearing Daikin shirt but I'm sure they are third party service.
The remote is so finicky, it has to be held in a specific angle and not too far for it work compared to LG and Lloyd in my other rooms and remote display is dim if using old battery, same batteries work fine in all other brand ac remotes. Daikin does not even provide batteries, manual or power cable(needed 5m 3 core cable costing 500).
The display on the IDU needs to be turned on every time you turn on the ac. I like to run the ac in econo mode but remote does not remember the setting, so have to turn it on everytime unlike LG which remembers the setting. I wrote a long review on Flipkart but they don't post it so had to write a 2 line review to get it published.
I am also looking to buy another ac but won't be choosing Daikin, decided to go for Bluestar or LG.

Even I purchased Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star ac in March and faced similar experience with installation, they did not vacuum and said that it is not necessary as it is brand new, made a big hole in the wall and do not fill it up with white cement, and the ODU is vibrating and making buzzing noise when compressor load is between 70-90%. The guy came wearing Daikin shirt but I'm sure they are third party service.
The remote is so finicky, it has to be held in a specific angle and not too far for it work compared to LG and Lloyd in my other rooms and remote display is dim if using old battery, same batteries work fine in all other brand ac remotes. Daikin does not even provide batteries, manual or power cable(needed 5m 3 core cable costing 500).
The display on the IDU needs to be turned on every time you turn on the ac. I like to run the ac in econo mode but remote does not remember the setting, so have to turn it on everytime unlike LG which remembers the setting. I wrote a long review on Flipkart but they don't post it so had to write a 2 line review to get it published.
I am also looking to buy another ac but won't be choosing Daikin, decided to go for Bluestar or LG.
They indeed are 3rd party service,daikin doesn't have their own service center and have outsourced it to local shops, the odu vibrating on 80 percent load is something i have faced too but i chalked it upto being normal as this was my first time with a 1.5 ton and the odu is huge ,the remote being shit is something i face everyday i have changed 3 remotes nothing works properly i have to stand right below the ac to use the remote ,all this concerns are why i want to buy something else while the ac cools the room it really doesn't feel like it has anything premium or good to offer the remote especially is just shit and impossible to use during night

I had a good experience with Daikin service a few yrs back , it well depends on the service center catering to your area.
Recently Bought a Panasonic 1.5 ton. It's very good.
Excellent service. Voltas was the worst.

Though LG is a good brand but Daikin is more popular AC here in my area too. In case of my installation the (LG)technician who installed by unit has also praised the cooling and service of Daikin. Upon asking why he say so, he said although he works at LG but he also works extra outside the brand to conclude his findings.

I had a good experience with Daikin service a few yrs back , it well depends on the service center catering to your area.
Recently Bought a Panasonic 1.5 ton. It's very good.
Excellent service. Voltas was the worst.
Did they vaccumed your ac?

Going to buy a new ac have bought daikin 1.5 ton already need another 1.5 ton and i wanna try any other brand ,budget around 38k ,please do recommend which brand is great in this price especially in mumbai, i was going for Panasonic but my friend who is an hvac engineer mentioned their outdoor unit shells don't last long
will suggest carrier or bluestar

You may go with Blue star, it's surely reliable and also provide us a very good performance but pls do buy in retail shop rather than online

I know you are looking for a 3 star AC but in my honest opinion you should go for 5 star AC. Firstly it will provide you more savings thus lower electricity consumption and second you will recover the extra money you paid for a 5 star AC vs 3 star in just 2 years (3 at most). After 2-3 years you will still get energy savings benefits from it. Note average ACs last 10-15 Years. My older one lasted 12 years before its compressor gave up.

I recommend this model https://www.amazon.in/LG-Convertible-Anti-Virus-Protection-RS-Q19YNZE/dp/B0CQHQZZVC?th=1
I bought the same model but in 1 Ton configuration (total 3 units for the whole flat) and here's the review i posted on amazon for it:
For a 1 ton 5 star AC it is priced a bit higher than competitors but energy saving rating is also very high here at 5.20 ISEER. Leaving behind every other AC in the market except daikin's 6.2 ISEER AC which is 6K INR more expensive than this. Installation costed 3,400 INR including 10metre extra drain pipe.

PROs:
1. Exceptionally quiet - Both indoor and outdoor unit, unless you use HC (high cooling) mode. Good material used and tightly sealed with noise suppression pads. One of the main reason I choose this model.
2. 4-way swing - means you can aim it however you like, to a limit.
3. Extra energy saving features - like 40%-80% mode and HC mode which means you get to decide how the AC works.

CONs:
1. Needs regular maintenance - Need to clean the filter every 2-3 weeks as its very small and fine meshed (actually written and recommended in the pamphlet that comes with it)
2. Filter is flimsy and hard to install - due to how its positions on the top side of the AC so need to handle carefully.
3. Remote missing light function - Will need an external light source (light bulb or your phone) to use remote.
4. LG Customer support number wasn't working when I tried calling. Had to resort to messaging them on Whatsapp where they contacted me.
Daikin sounds like a mess even though I heard a lot of great things about it and was going to go for it before changing my decision and going with LG. To provide some experience with how installation for my LG ACs went. They came in the very next day and upon arriving I told them I will record the video for all 3 units for damage inspection and they had no issue with it. They vaccumed each out door unit for at least 15-20mins (it depends on the pressure I think as they were looking at the pressure gauge from time to time). LG remote works great, you can point it on the floor and it will still work. Remote came with batteries. LG didn't provide power plug or cable. Had to buy them from technicians that came. LG does remember the settings but running 40-80% mode with custom temperature it sometimes forget I have 40-80% mode enabled. Still not sure what causes it to forget because it doesn't happen all the time.

Back