Nexus 5 in the House!

Nice.. congrats :)

Could you please post a small review or an opinion about its display colors as how washed up they are as compared to Nexus 4 and also impression about its battery life ?

Last edited:
colours seem fine guys, but then again im coming from the xperia z and i thought that was fine too, lol this definitely is better though, no doubt.
only thing im a bit worried about is the battery life,.. im using bbm too with the 3g which is said to be a battery hogg . by evening (6pm) i have round 35% left. i had to cut my 3g off today to get through the day and im not even gaming on it yet.

Here is my suggestion for now:
Buying a reasonably priced yet beastly fast, slim and well-built phone from the US that will hopefully last a day long most of the times, (esp. without incurring shipping charges or taxes) or if a Nexus device is a must- Nexus 5 obviously!!
Want a Nexus 5 like phone locally with a lil bigger screen (esp. for those who prefer more SAMOLED like colours), bigger battery, better battery life, better camera, ... without budget constraints- LG G2!!

Hoping S600 devices see a price drop.
Optimus G Pro price has dropped to 30k on FK- that's not bad option too if a 5.5" phablet is ok.
That said, my secondary phone will be a Galaxy S4 i9505, if the price drops and i can get someone to carry it down here.

Last edited:
Want a Nexus 5 like phone locally with a lil bigger screen (esp. for those who prefer more SAMOLED like colours), bigger battery, better battery life, better camera, ... without budget constraints- LG G2!!
No

G2 is not pentile and will be better than any full hd samoled.

G2 does not compete with the N5. They are seperate. Mods & ROMS for one are not inter-operable on the other. Unless you resort to risky hacks.

Hoping S600 devices see a price drop.
Optimus G Pro price has dropped to 30k on FK- that's not bad option too if a 5.5" phablet is ok.
That said, my secondary phone will be a Galaxy S4 i9505, if the price drops and i can get someone to carry it down here.
If you don't install knox you should be ok. CM has a stable Rom for the i9505 !!

Thank you very much :)
Pq4U2e8.jpg

D8VW7BG.jpg

Here is a picture of Nexus 4 and 5 side by side with full brightness. It looks like the nexus 4 has a bit brighter screen. The picture makes it look more obvious but its not that big of a difference when I see it. The one place I have had problems with nexus 4 screen is use in direct sunlight. I could never use it in direct sunlight, My older Iphone 4 and nexus 5 are much better than nexus 4.
Battery has stabilized now and is definitely better than Nexus 4. With my Iphone 4, I never had to worry about battery running out with heavy use before I would get home in evening. With nexus 4, that was always a problem. I even had to use 2 nexus 4 phones while I was travelling this summer.

Let me know if you need any other information

Last edited:
G2 does not compete with the N5. They are seperate. Mods & ROMS for one are not inter-operable on the other. Unless you resort to risky hacks.
If buying in India, I will mostly suggest LG G2/Samsung S4/... to aam janata unless someone surely knows what a Nexus/PlainJaneOS does and doesn't offer. :)

P.S.
Unfortunately or fortunately, Nexus devices are being looked at for brag value and then people start nit-picking IMHO.
People want a device with S800/2GB, for cheap and then they will say cam is not 13MP, blah blah...
A casual friend bought G2. I received N5 soon after. Most of those others want the N5 as it is significantly cheaper but said- "ohh, it looks so plain"
I am totally in love with the understated, no-bling looks and wanted to ask- "do you want a factory-printed sunny leone pic on the back?"
Hope you got my drift.

If buying in India, I will mostly suggest LG G2/Samsung S4/... to aam janata unless someone surely knows what a Nexus/PlainJaneOS does and doesn't offer. :)
In India people are very price conscious.

I was surprised to find out that in europe the price of Z1/G2 isn't that much over the nexus 5. So those would be better than the N5.

But in the US or India there is expected to be at least Rs.10k difference. This will be a significant deciding factor for many i suspect.

Unfortunately or fortunately, Nexus devices are being looked at for brag value and then people start nit-picking IMHO.
People want a device with S800/2GB, for cheap and then they will say cam is not 13MP, blah blah...
A casual friend bought G2. I received N5 soon after. Most of those others want the N5 as it is significantly cheaper but said- "ohh, it looks so plain"
I am totally in love with the understated, no-bling looks and wanted to ask- "do you want a factory-printed sunny leone pic on the back?"
Hope you got my drift.
Many things to like about the N5. My design philosophy is form should follow function :)

The only thing I like about the Nexus 5 is the position of the loudspeaker grill, that's all. Sorry not trying to hurt anyone, but it's beyond me why people purchases Nexus! Nexus fans need more ground than saying that vanilla/naked/pure experience, because that's a bubble, regardless you agree or not. Nexus is the 'i' thing of Android.

Last edited:
^^

No, you do. Till N4, I will agree. But from N5, no idea why people want to buy this. LG G2 is, in every way a better phone for a bit more. 30k!!!.

Not only G2, even the S4 I find better than it, especially I see less than 5% difference in speed after the 4.3 update. All the people who generally hates TW or Sony's UI or Sense, keeps bragging about the clutter! Jeez! You can uninstall all the those things or 'craps', as some kids call them. And there are that AOSP/CM thing for even crazier people. I decreased the animation and honestly I see that app loading time is same if not faster than my colleagues N5, I even showed it to him, who then skipped the topic. Samsung or Sony or hTC has given you those features, they didn't force you to use them all!
For the people who doesn't wanna invest much behind phones buying a Nexus makes total sense, but I don't get those people who has 25 or 30k to burn and ends up buying a Nexus and thinks they made a great decision to buy a N5 over a G2, One or even S4, ROFL!
As I said, it's becoming an obsession, let's buy it because it has Google in it. Why I only dislike the 'i' users then?

^^

No, you do. Till N4, I will agree. But from N5, no idea why people want to buy this. LG G2 is, in every way a better phone for a bit more. 30k!!!.

"No,you do" ? Now you will force me to get my preferences right?
btw I wonder why you even agree till "N4" ?

Anyways, Let me state it clearly for you.

- 6k less cost for n5.
- pure android.
- camera not really important for me.
- 5.2" , I'm all good with 4.95" , I was all good with n4. Thought won't ever go above that screen size but tbh, the perks n5 gives, 4.95 will do for me.
- won't go for un-necessary graphics Optimus skin gives. Again pure android for me.
- more cloud storage.
- first to ever get the updates. g2 haven't even got 4.3 so don't trust LG on the updates.
- too saturated screen of G2 for me.
- Kitkat out of the box.

So, I am not someone who wants a ready to go phone, iPhone users or Samsung users are like that. I do respect LG to make a phone like G2, but If I had to buy a phone but not nexus 5, I will go for nexus 4.[DOUBLEPOST=1384878892][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not only G2, even the S4 I find better than it

lol okay.[DOUBLEPOST=1384878973][/DOUBLEPOST]
I even showed it to him, who then skipped the topic.

Yeah, probably had a nexus 4 but didn't knew shit about it.

- 6k less cost for n5. -> You get better screen, battery, camera, IR blaster(since you are talking personally, this is personally a good feature for me) for that 6k.
- pure android. -> Not valid. Since point of android is open source and ROMS are plenty a lot. But someone who wants a ready to go phone will want everything done for them. So yea I agree.
- camera not really important for me.
- 5.2" , I'm all good with 4.95" , I was all good with n4. Thought won't ever go above that screen size but tbh, the perks n5 gives, 4.95 will do for me. -> perks? Other than software updates. Name one that is actually a perk. Pricing was THE perk of Nexus devices. Its not there anymore.
- won't go for un-necessary graphics Optimus skin gives. Again pure android for me. -> A very little effort will give you something called CM and tonnes of other mods.
- more cloud storage -> Now this is just gasping for air. I agree this is a good thing, but then again looking at the Internet speeds and rates, I really dont see this as a Nexus merit. Any phone does that also.
- first to ever get the updates. g2 haven't even got 4.3 so don't trust LG on the updates. -> the only nexus 5 advantage as far as i see,
- too saturated screen of G2 for me. -> Again gasping for air, nit picking etc
- Kitkat out of the box -> You mean for few weeks you are willing to sacrifice better phones with bit more. Ok.You do know that almost all the phones will be getting this in open source communities. r8?

See its your money. I replied to you, coz you said We. like its a movement. Please avoid that. You talk of personal preferences. Nexus 5 only makes sense for that 2 to 4 months, if at all, advantage of software.
Earlier it used to be priced fantastic. Now its not. You yourself said you are not the ready to go user, then honestly nexus 5 doesn't makes sense. Put some effort and make the experience truly worth it.

I have 2 Nexus devices right now beside this keyboard. Nexus 4 with CM10.2 and Galaxy Nexus with stock 4.3. I feel both are competent enough for a average user and remains the vanilla, stock etc.
Have a Nexus 7 with 4.3 stock back in India. I got these coz it gave me best of both worlds. As I believe software is important. But an average phone with almost similar price to flagships? No thanks.
But then again, I wont buy S4 or HTC one and put vanilla ROMS. Waste of hardware. But CM and focal in LG G2 is a nice combo.

My problem is not against this phone. I would suggest this phone to anyone in US. NOT IN INDIA. the price is truly disastrous. This post is not for people buying from US, as you still need a good 200 or 250 USD more to get the flagship.
But in India? with your own money? No you shouldn't buy this phone.

ps. Thanks for the point by point. It saved me the effort of putting them myself.

Back