Nexus 5 in the House!

Yeah, how is the update that matters, not in numbers. Besides, 4.1, 4.2.2, 4.3 what are major differences in them anyway?
How would i know ? still stuck on 4.1 :bawling:

Minor revisions imply incremental improvements, tweaks, efficiency etc. They're worth something.

Imagine if google decided to do a major revision to 5.0 instead of 4.4. You'd be out without community updates.

@m-jeri 100% agreed .

only difference is OEMs take tons of time to upgrade android version , most phones will be dropped as opposed to google phone ( nexus ) which we all know is supported roughly for 2 years .

When i think about buying nexus 5 , one of the main concern is battery life . second 'can' be camera , other than that i do not see any dislike in nexus 5 .

whoever bought nexus 5 , do post your experience when you get device

I don't even know how the notion that the Nexus 5 has a terrible battery came into being. The consensus is 4 to 5 hours screen on time, depending on usage and network. While this isn't stellar, it isn't bad by any means either. Bad is the Nexus 4 battery which gets you anywhere from 2 to 3 and a half hours screen on time, with a lower resolution to boot.

hahaha its all good, im up for all the discussion, im actually just waiting for my spigen case + glass.tr to land, they have issues with the first lot which end up having bubbles so ive already asked to be on the replacement list, rather then get a refund, .. spigen's doin a "new" nano glass for the nex5. there is also one from mimeusa, wondering if i should order that instead, :I

I don't even know how the notion that the Nexus 5 has a terrible battery came into being. The consensus is 4 to 5 hours screen on time, depending on usage and network. While this isn't stellar, it isn't bad by any means either.

xV7c4fU.jpgp

Bad is the Nexus 4 battery which gets you anywhere from 2 to 3 and a half hours screen on time, with a lower resolution to boot.
JIHuEd2.jpg

This is where those roms with custom kernels come in. I've seen guys here claim a 4+hr screen on time with nex 4.

Be wary of strong adjectives. i find them unreliable. Most likely the comparison is with devices that clock 60+ hours on the same gsmarena test. But i've found people also saying they don't get anywhere near what gsmarena quotes for the upper end devices. Its better than the nex5 but the nex5 is not 'terrible'.

Very tricky parameter to genralise.

^Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with what I said. I don't agree with tests like these when it comes to battery performance. I'd rather just ask as many people as I can (in my case, I head over to reddit subs where most people are getting 4 to 5 hours on an average.)

For the record, I get about 4 hours of screen time on my Nexus 4 on KitKat with Google Now running the entire time - Stock ROM and kernel. Then again, I'm mostly connected to Wi-Fi at home or in the office. When I'm outdoors and dependent on 3G for data, I get about 3 hours. Could probably squeeze out more by turning off sync and Google Now but I'd rather not.

^Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with what I said. I don't agree with tests like these when it comes to battery performance. I'd rather just ask as many people as I can (in my case, I head over to reddit subs where most people are getting 4 to 5 hours on an average.)
A bit of both with qualifications. People look at the web browsing figure and don't see an improvement. They then say battery life isn't that improved. gsmarena's test is a very simple one, standardised to show the difference between phones doing the same tasks. Nothing wrong with the test per se.

Mods will give you a 10-20% boost. For some people this is adequate and will work fine. For others it might not be. But you have a choice in that case to either have a battery pack or more likely just recharge regularly. An hour or two top up during the day.

For the record, I get about 4 hours of screen time on my Nexus 4 on KitKat with Google Now running the entire time - Stock ROM and kernel. Then again, I'm mostly connected to Wi-Fi at home or in the office. When I'm outdoors and dependent on 3G for data, I get about 3 hours. Could probably squeeze out more by turning off sync and Google Now but I'd rather not.
The reality here is you might squeeze out a couple more hours with other flagships with 60+ endurance times.

Here is a picture of Nexus 4 and 5 side by side with full brightness. It looks like the nexus 4 has a bit brighter screen. The picture makes it look more obvious but its not that big of a difference when I see it. The one place I have had problems with nexus 4 screen is use in direct sunlight. I could never use it in direct sunlight, My older Iphone 4 and nexus 5 are much better than nexus 4.
Battery has stabilized now and is definitely better than Nexus 4. With my Iphone 4, I never had to worry about battery running out with heavy use before I would get home in evening. With nexus 4, that was always a problem. I even had to use 2 nexus 4 phones while I was travelling this summer.

Let me know if you need any other information

Could you please post some colored images comparison ? :) thank you

spigen goodies in the house, love the glas.tr .. even though its from the faulty batch and i have some bubbles, (none on the screen) also the ultra hybrid is a great case if someone is lookin for a cheap alternative, buttons work fine and my nokia wireless charger works perfect with it aswell :)

IMG_20131126_143629.jpg

ordered nov 1st as soon as i ordered the nexus, took a while to get here , spigen were slow to ship, mine was back ordered, shipped out by the 7th so 2,1/2 weeks approx, paid 554 rs tax on the items cuz they didnt undervalue the items. (not an issue, as i got a 15% discount on the glass when i ordered)
now i haveto wait for the new nano slim tr version which spigen is workin on, im gonna use this though as there are no bubbles on the screen so it does not bother me for now. much much better then regular scratchguards, if u want a quality protector which feels awesome, i really suggest to get a glass one, even the Nillkin (Link) one which sells cheap, might give it a go aswell.

here's a pic of the bubbles -

20131126_232242_LLS_Snapseed.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1385489930][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just a quick question to N5 owners, does this have FM radio? I'm unable to find a definitive answer anywhere online.

nope it doesnt have fm radio.

@toxicdrift why not the ringke fusion? I have seen the review, fusion one is much slimmer when compared to the spigen one. I wanna buy the ringke one but it's 3x the original cost at amazon.in, ebay.in.

Back