(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Noticeable performance boost in what? Games? None. There are very few games still which utilise all the 4 cores on the die. Perhaps you may get a boost of about a couple of frames more but that's about it. A 5850 with your current cinfig IMO is the best upgrade that there is. Should see you breeze through most games without hiccups, provided your CPU runs at a clock speed of more than 3.8GHz to eliminate the bottlenecks.

Give a quick browsing through this article - How many CPU cores do games need? | bit-tech.net

Should help you out. :)

Desecrator said:
^Noticeable performance boost in what? Games? None. There are very few games still which utilise all the 4 cores on the die. Perhaps you may get a boost of about a couple of frames more but that's about it. A 5850 with your current cinfig IMO is the best upgrade that there is. Should see you breeze through most games without hiccups, provided your CPU runs at a clock speed of more than 3.8GHz to eliminate the bottlenecks.

Give a quick browsing through this article - How many CPU cores do games need? | bit-tech.net

Interesting article, but its main focus is on the cores, I wondering if there is a marked improvement wrt the new architecture of the Phenom II and I-5,7 with the ddr3. Also my concern is just not games, a zippier ( lesser load times) experience. I guess I am probably better off investing in a SSD, and probably a better GPU, although I dont quite do justice to my current one either.

An SSD and a 5850 should make it a lot faster IMO. ;)

And FYI the Phenom II is not a new architecture but the same K10 architecture found on the newer Thuban X6 processors and the older Phenoms.

Jasku said:
thank you sidhu, will i have a notable performance boost, if i get a phenom ii 965 + decent 700/890 mobo + 4gb ddr3 and stick with my 4870?? on the other hand, if I just get a 5830/5850 with my current config?

Desecrator said:

Jasku said:
Interesting article, but its main focus is on the cores, I wondering if there is a marked improvement wrt the new architecture of the Phenom II and I-5,7 with the ddr3. Also my concern is just not games, a zippier ( lesser load times) experience. I guess I am probably better off investing in a SSD, and probably a better GPU, although I dont quite do justice to my current one either.

Desecrator said:
An SSD and a 5850 should make it a lot faster IMO. ;)

And FYI the Phenom II is not a new architecture but the same K10 architecture found on the newer Thuban X6 processors and the older Phenoms.

Please take your discussions elsewhere- please use this thread only for what it's meant for.

It's a sincere request- breaks the flow in relevant info.

Jasku sir- please PM Sidhu or anyone else and/or start a thread in the relevant section for your doubts/needs.

Gannu sir- stop entertaining queries from those who want to take a shortcut to good suggestions/advice.

mods- please clean up this thread. :ashamed:

mutant said:
how much for retail version of office 2007 ultimate edition?
First thing this thread is to assess the product value; I guess not for price request..anyway Ultimate edition will costs 26K +5% VAT..From Computerwarehousepricelist.com

eBro

buddingwhizkid said:
my friend is selling an xfx XXX 4850 for 6k if you want ! it performs as good as a 4870 ! :)

This is not a place to negotiate or advertise deals :|

If u wanna sell some stuff then open a thread in Market section with two pics with ur TE id and date.

Plus no way does a HD4850 perform like a HD4870. Dont talk rubbish so that u can sell off some stuff.

techPowerUp :: Powercolor PCS HD 4850 512 MB Review :: Page 26 / 30

A HD4870 512MB performs 20-25% better than HD4850 512MB at HD resolutions.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Add to that the HD4850 1GB DDRIII Sapphire(better A.S.S service than XFX) sells for just Rs.6550

TheITWares -Sapphire Radeon HD4850 1GB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card - TheITWares

iyengar said:
First thing this thread is to assess the product value; I guess not for price request..anyway Ultimate edition will costs 26K +5% VAT..From Computerwarehousepricelist.com

eBro
I meant i had one for sale..and was asking the expected price for it...

@mutant

Last 2-3 months, 2 people tried to sell it on this forum and at e*****

But I think both remained unsold even at 7-8k iirc

Many free alternatives & programs available to individuals & corporates would rarely buy at a forum

Hi guys i want to know how much will following rig can be sold for :

Biostar GF7050V-M7 Motherboard.
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 1.60Ghz Processor.
2 GB DDR 2 RAM 800mhz.
160GB Western Digital WDC WD1600AABS-00PRA0 Harddisk.
400W XTECH PSU.
SONY DVD-RW DRU-190A ODD.
CIRCLE DESIGNER CABINET.

Please mention prices for individual parts if possible.

how much will this sell for guys

Intel pentium d processor 945 3.4ghz 4mb L2 cache-4 years old with box

Intel desktop motherboard D102GGC2(PCI Express slot not working) 4 years old (4 sata ports and ATI onboard graphics working perfectly)

WD IDE Hard disk 80GB WD800BB-OOJHCO 5 years

WD 160 GB SATA bought from dubai brand new.

Mercury PSU 400W model-CKP-3400

Ramaxel 512mb pc2-5300U-555 LF

transcent 1GB 667mhz 3 years old

HP dvd rom drive sata 16x

Acer 17"lcd 5 years old model-AL1702

HP 19"LCD HPL1908w brand new from dubai

XFX 8600gt 256ddr3 1 year local warranty left.

m-jeri said:
@Mephis...

4850 for 5k is bit too much. not impossible.

Maybe 4~4.5k +/- shipping.
He said he want to purchase one, and will he get one for 5K :). Not that he is trying to sell it for 5K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back