(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a full PS2 system in great working condition:

PS2 slim with eyetoy camera
one extra controller, total two controllers. both working great.
USB dongle (one) to use the controllers with a PC
8 MB card for saving games.
2 Games: God of war 2 (little cracks at center, game works fine though, can post pics.)
PS2 Eyetoy Play 3 game.

PS2 was rarely used. Played max 5 games on it. Tested about a month ago, works great. It was purchased in 2012, so no warranty, I am sure i can find the bill somewhere if i look hard enough.

How much can I get for this.

2 Games: God of war 2 (little cracks at center, game works fine though, can post pics.)
PS2 Eyetoy Play 3 game.

PS2 was rarely used. Played max 5 games on it. Tested about a month ago, works great. It was purchased in 2012, so no warranty, I am sure i can find the bill somewhere if i look hard enough.

5k at a max. I remember selling my phat ps2 with 160gb hard drive for 10k long ago. Sold it with multitap and 2 original controllers plus the 8mb card.

PS2 Eyetoy Play 3 game.

I would keep it for another 10 years if i were you, it's no longer a console someone would actually think of buying and playing games on. Eventually as time goes by it will become a niche item for collectors (although be ready to wait a long time!)

I would keep it for another 10 years if i were you, it's no longer a console someone would actually think of buying and playing games on. Eventually as time goes by it will become a niche item for collectors (although be ready to wait a long time!)
It was one hell of a console back in the days. Keep it as a trophy like Rezep said.

How much can I expect for a 2020 13in MacBook Air (i5 model, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) unactivated with full warranty, valid serial number, and bill on Apple site

PS2 Eyetoy Play 3 game.

Thanx for the feedback guys. Still havent decided on what I am going to do with this.

I forgot to mention that its modded, with the matrix chip. :)
Is there a way to check if its the original matrix chip or a clone without opening the console. I see the matrix logo while booting.
Would this make any difference to what I can get for this.

Last edited:
Just wondering how much I could get for

Ryzen 5 PRO 4650g Processor with Gigabyte A520M DS3H Mobo

Bought it in November so warranty remaining. Have invoice but box is missing.

Thanx for the feedback guys. Still havent decided on what I am going to do with this.

I forgot to mention that its modded, with the matrix chip. :)
Is there a way to check if its the original matrix chip or a clone without opening the console. I see the matrix logo while booting.
Would this make any difference to what I can get for this.
Nope. No difference. Market is flooded with nodded Ps2.

How much can I get for the following:
1. Asus Xonar DX PCIe sound card
2. XFX HD 6770 1GB
3. Deepcool Rock Master v3 fan controller with card reader and USB 3.0
4. Asus M3N78-EM (AM2/AM2+) motherboard with AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

@doors666 @Fenix

I bought a brand new in box PS2 Slim before the lockdown for 4k, had it modded with a Matrix clone for a few hundred more. It was my first console since the NES so I splurged.

The same place had used modded PS2 Slim's for 2500.

How much should i pay for

i7 7820x
MSI MEG X299 Creation

As a member is selling so how much should be a good deal.....so that he also doesn't get a hit and i also get it in a fair price..?

How much should i pay for

i7 7820x
MSI MEG X299 Creation

As a member is selling so how much should be a good deal.....so that he also doesn't get a hit and i also get it in a fair price..?
Just to be clear its not easy to set a value on old generation chips especially the high end ones because they were really overpriced when compared to today's models. That i7 7820X is no different.
The i7 7820X was comparable against the R7 1700 and even then the R7 1700 had better value. Intel really started improving only from the 8th (for sometime) and then the 10th gen.
For benchmarks you can check
Now how much do people sell the old R7 1700 and R7 2700 for here? Then decide.
Not sure if you two can come to an agreement but good luck. Let better sense prevail.
If he doesn't accept then just pass the deal and look at alternatives.

i7 7820x
MSI MEG X299 Creation

That specific motherboard is something special. You would be paying for the novelty of a HEDT platform, and probably also for the ability to use 256GB of ram. Desktop Ryzen can handle 128GB just fine, if that's all you need. Like @iPwnz said, desktop Ryzen is the better option if you don't need HEDT specific features. Or 10th gen if you want Intel.

For a price reference, 7980xe (18 core) was sold a few weeks ago for 32500. Another 7980xe was sold for 50k with motherboard. New with warranty Threadripper 1900x are being sold by stores for 30k with a motherboard to clear out old stock.

And I purchased a 7960x (16 core) just a couple of days ago here for 25k and even then I have to think about whether it's worth spending another 25k on a new motherboard or wait for a used one to pop up for ~15k.

That specific motherboard is something special. You would be paying for the novelty of a HEDT platform, and probably also for the ability to use 256GB of ram. Desktop Ryzen can handle 128GB just fine, if that's all you need. Like @iPwnz said, desktop Ryzen is the better option if you don't need HEDT specific features. Or 10th gen if you want Intel.

For a price reference, 7980xe (18 core) was sold a few weeks ago for 32500. Another 7980xe was sold for 50k with motherboard. New with warranty Threadripper 1900x are being sold by stores for 30k with a motherboard to clear out old stock.

And I purchased a 7960x (16 core) just a couple of days ago here for 25k and even then I have to think about whether it's worth spending another 25k on a new motherboard or wait for a used one to pop up for ~15k.
7980xe now that is a still ,people wanting 5000 series should jump over here if they get a combo at 50k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back