Video No Signal on Tata Sky HD+ Box

keep calling customer care everyday. worked for me. 3rd day technician came and did the dish alignment.

I read on a consumer complain forum that calling them after midnight works. So I called them up and managed to get through.
I asked them to cancel my subscription but they refused to take the request saying that the system was getting updated hence they could not access my account.

Blast them on Twitter. Calling customer care doesn't solve anything nowadays.
BTW the picture ratio seems to be skewed today.

So many complaints on twitter too, the reply same to send the sms[DOUBLEPOST=1428548766][/DOUBLEPOST]
I will need a refund before I can move. Annual Mega HD pack activated which started in March :'(

Are you still under warranty period ? As I recall after 2 or 3 years of my PVR service they called and asked me to pay around 1000 for extended sevice and warranty, I declined.

Last edited:
The situation is really ridiculous. I sent them an SMS on the 3rd. Then called them again on the 7th. The customer care executives were all busy and had to wait for a good 15 minutes before I got through. He sounded exasperated and kept on apologising for the inconvenience caused. I asked them to please do the needful as soon as possible, but to no avail. The situation is still not resolved. I keep on getting the same stock SMS reply - ' Your Work Order regarding the technician visit is pending. Thank you for your patience, our field service team will call you soon to fix an appointment'

I can see some channels. Most of the HD channels have disappered altogether. On the 7th I wasn't able to view any channels, which led me to calling customer "care" (if we can call it that), and was again able to watch a few channels after a few hours.

True. The cc guys seem frustrated with customer complaints. The technician who visited my place had no idea what he needed to do. He even pointed to my tv as fault piece! After few efforts said the dish needs to be moved to terrace as the new directions are not possible with current fixed location. He needed assistance for shifting, told he will come with his associate and..... Vanished.. No calls or anything...

They seem to be out numbered to attend customers. I got some Rs150+ credit in last few days ... I get those messages almost 2 times a day ... 'Your Work Order regarding the technician visit is pending. Thank you for your patience, our field service team will call you soon to fix an appointment'....

Just received another SMS

' Dear Subscriber, Your work order regarding the technician visit is in queue. Thank you for your patience, our field service team will call you soon to fix an appointment. In lieu of your pending complaint, Your Tata Sky account is being credited with 2 additional days worth of your subscription charges.'

Pathetic service for more than a week now and credit of just 2 days.

I had almost forgotten that I had requested a visit from their service guy but these messages keep reminding me :)
I think these messages will piss off people who are anyways helplessly waiting for service guys and have no ETA... :)

Its around 8 days and also keep getting messages about crediting some days worth of subscription and no one to attend to change the polarity of the dish.

Its a simple job. Don't know why its taking so much time.

TataSky CEO was sleeping on head while planning the migration. Did not even bother to hire extra staff to carry out the work.

Got back home a few minutes ago. Mother said some guys came by in the afternoon around 2 and fixed it. Inspite of what the messages said, there was no call by any technician before coming.

Got a reply on twitter after 2 working days !

I call up the service centre guy directly, he left his number himself. Comes and raises a work order and does his work. But yeah, nowadays they don't seem to know how to fix issues. It is increasingly becoming painful by the day. most of my SD channels are flickering and I suspect it's my older box. They fixed it and it worked for 2 days before same problem occurred.

They sent me 2 sms telling me that my request is in queue and a technician will visit me shortly. At present I am confused if they are coming to fix it or cancel my subscription and refund me :confused:

I think its almost a month HD channels are not coming in. I dont watch TV but my mom was not happy to Veera and Chakor on standard definition i tried to call the customer care number but i got a message as all cc people are busy and they will call us back in the next 24 hours but nothing happend and this is the 2-3rd time i gave them a call. Is there anything else i can do to get this fixed.

After 3 weeks of down time, 5-6 technicians came and checked the TS, one told me to make request for dish shifting to terrace as it won`t from my floor. I made a request and CC told me it will cost me 200. I was agreed to it as already have balance around 600 in it.

Different technician came and made the TS without shifting the dish (how ? I have no idea !) Family members gave his Rs 50 for his work.

Now, TS has deducted the Rs 200, which actually they shouldn't`t have. I contacted them, said need that RS 200 refunded plus 3 weeks extension. CC calls me on alternate day asks the same details, told them I won`t be recharging a penny till I get the refund and extension and refund, as I have already brought Videocon DTH after 2 weeks of downtime.

Yesterday TS validity expired and I switched on to Videocon, lets see how TS responds to it now.

I think its almost a month HD channels are not coming in. I dont watch TV but my mom was not happy to Veera and Chakor on standard definition i tried to call the customer care number but i got a message as all cc people are busy and they will call us back in the next 24 hours but nothing happend and this is the 2-3rd time i gave them a call. Is there anything else i can do to get this fixed.

Send the NS SMS regularly or contact via WEB which leave records at your side.....If your problem about signal loss you defiantly get refund.

Different technician came and made the TS without shifting the dish (how ? I have no idea !) Family members gave his Rs 50 for his work.

Yesterday TS validity expired and I switched on to Videocon, lets see how TS responds to it now.

Giving 50/- to the technician is a wrong move - Is it a service charge ?

As you already bought D2H - there is no point to spend money on TS now.

Last edited:
@dissel I wouldn`t have given him the money, family members did.

I have HD PVR so had advantage with TS. Quality is also better than Videocon, price wise videocon is cheaper.

But, as you said if they don`t refund I wont be using TS for sure.

Back