Video No Signal on Tata Sky HD+ Box

In my case when their engineers came to check Tatasky signals they said that they have to change LNB which may cost some amount. Then they left without doing anything because I need to raise complaint again to chage the dish. But next day when i faced same issue with signals then i decided to repair it myself. I asked my friend to see the signals test screen on my tv and i went up and started rotating the LNB slightly and as soon as my friend told me that signals are good then i left it there and since then I have no issues with the signals. You can also see some digree digit marks on the LNB. Check LNB picture for reference. I hope this help.

Attachments

• 1430044739414.jpg
    1430044739414.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 257
^^^ That is exactly those official TS guys are doing (with fancy satellite finder gadgets) - nothing else and the problem solved permanently. Just need to tilt the LNB right side (in my case) or the left according to the location and all done. User need to screw / unscrew two nuts & bolts of their own.

And when they done (phone back to thier local office) user get money refund due to inconvince

Finally fed up I have asked them for refund. They have taken a request for it and will arrange a call back from their team to tell me the amount.

All I can say is - Good Riddance.

Last year in November got the set top box upgraded.
For the lst few weeks, the set top box is not starting up properly. It gets stuck during boot and shows "Please wait Initializing".
The remote also does not work if it gets stuck here. Only resolution is to switch off the box and start it again and hope it does not get stuck this time.

Anyone else who faced this issue?

If you're on HD+ , format the disk once if you're OK with losing all the saved TV shows. I had to format cause the HD has lots of bad sectors on it. Shows get recorded on corrupted sectors and the picture gets scrambled in some scenes for a second. Looks like the HDD is on its death bed.

If you're on HD+ , format the disk once if you're OK with losing all the saved TV shows. I had to format cause the HD has lots of bad sectors on it. Shows get recorded on corrupted sectors and the picture gets scrambled in some scenes for a second. Looks like the HDD is on its death bed.
Did you reply to me? Or to someone else?
I have normal HD box. No HDD.

I replied to you. If you have normal HD box try a reset on it. It may or may not help.
After a reset, do I have to change any settings to make the box work like ot is worling right now?
Any specific satellite I need to choose or something?

just keep on pressing select on remote.
By default all correct settings are selected. Just did a master reset last night when signal was lost for no reason.

After a reset, do I have to change any settings to make the box work like ot is worling right now?
Any specific satellite I need to choose or something?
Just like Ravi said. There's no specific satellite setting to choose. All the correct settings are pre selected in it.

Tata Sky is giving access to all channels including HD and Specials free of cost no matter what plan you have subscribed to. This offer is till the end of May. As a compensation foo the disrupted service.
They might have screwed up but they have come up with a very nice gesture to make up for that.

yes; i was surprised to note the english movies and HD channels showing on my package the day before y'day, when i had not recharged those specific packs since last 2 months. thought what trickery did TS do, until i saw those ads y'day informing about the above. really a nice gesture!

Back