Nokia 5230 listed for 8.5k in ebay

shaibalik said:
Not sure .. but i dont think so ...:huh:

the review at gsmarena says that it has...
but theres no mention of it in the manual..

pranavreddy said:
Though 3G enabled it doesn't support video calling :tongue: Front camera missing :(

that doesnt mean that we cannot make video calls
atleast we can see the face at the other end...thats wat we need..:D

one more thing use google maps instead of inbuilt gps maps.

Nokia maps took 1.5mb of downloads to pinpoint my location,while google maps does it in 200 to 300kbs

Today enquired at the local Nokia Care and they told all stock is sold out and tomorrow they will call me when they get new stock and it will cost 8.4K. With 15% coupon, I can get it for 7.5K from the Chennai seller on ebay but would like to know from anybody who bought from him whether he gave proper vat paid bill and about the overall buying experience.

@Srirama
The dealer too told that the coverage of our city in Nokia maps is not at all good and it is better to use google maps!

janitha said:
Today enquired at the local Nokia Care and they told all stock is sold out and tomorrow they will call me when they get new stock and it will cost 8.4K. With 15% coupon, I can get it for 7.5K from the Chennai seller on ebay but would like to know from anybody who bought from him whether he gave proper vat paid bill and about the overall buying experience.

@Srirama
The dealer too told that the coverage of our city in Nokia maps is not at all good and it is better to use google maps!

Bought from him, proper bill, package arrived in excellent condition.

hey guys univercell is offering the phone + rs 2499 reebok watch.
Has anyone got this version of the reebok watch free with any cell phone deal.
Hav i been ripped off??
I bought it for rs 8400 + 2gb card(all inclusive)...
So sad i missed the watch!! :':)ashamed:

I've got the watch and my friend too..

Its from Nokia Priority dealer..

Its a really simple watch, without the Reebok logo sure to mistake it is bought from a road side shop..

Worn it to office only a day (usually wearing an Octane - Top line Model)..

1st comment "I dont know you can wear a watch like this"

Its no offence, but a comment which says the simplicity of the watch..

Never care buddy, Even if you get it you cant use it...

hey im getting 5230 for 8.4k in mumbai with bill

many of them are refusing to give one w/o bill

should i go for it or search for one w/o bill for saving some extra money (i mean to avoid 12.5% vat

moreover im surprised that the white 5230 is @ 9.2k whereas the black one is 8.4k

why so much of difference.

the vendor says that it is the new version which provides 2 back covers

(does that mean that he is providing the version which is not meant for india ie grey market)

can somebody tell its clarify its contents

i found that the indian version does not include extra back covers instead they provide a stylus which is absent in other countries (they provide data cable,2 back covers,and a plectrum as seen in some videos)

Somebody reply please...

Bought from Nokia Care for 8.4K. Also bought Car charger and USB cable. Want to buy one Class 6 Micro SDHC 4 or 8 GB and also a good quality screen guard. Any dealer in TE for them? PMed mediahome but no reply! I think the screen guard for 5800 is not compatible for this.
@Sreerama
Please give detailed procedure for using Google maps. Should we install some application first. What about MMI and Satguide maps. Yes, they are not free. Once I tried to access GPS but there was a message that card is not installed.

janitha said:
Please give detailed procedure for using Google maps. Should we install some application first. What about MMI and Satguide maps. Yes, they are not free. Once I tried to access GPS but there was a message that card is not installed.

Well its easy. Goto mobile.google.com and there you'll find google maps. Download and install it. That's it just launch the app and you're good to go. It downloads maps from the internet in realtime so you would end up using quite a bit of data though.

janitha said:
I think the screen guard for 5800 is not compatible for this.

why not man it has the same screen

2af0906.jpg

i think this might do the trick

@janitha

can u pl provide box content

is the white version available??

here in mumbai the white 5230 is @ 9.2k whereas the black one is 8.4k

why so much of difference.

the vendor says that it is the new version which also provides 2 back covers

(does that mean that he is providing the version which is not meant for india ie grey market

Back