Nokia 5230 listed for 8.5k in ebay

Praks said:
Any Ebay links for 5230 ca101 & 4/8 GB card ?

donno 'bout ebay
but i got ca101 for 120
(never matter getting original data cable coz its just a cable)...correct me if iam wrong :bleh:
ang 8gb class4 kingston for 850

anybody tried getting a scratch guard
man getting a scratchguard and pouch is even tougher than getting the mobile!! :p

theres one rumix local made one selling around for 100rs :no::no:

other ones this one
i think it doesnt cover the whole screen
but is a reputed quality brand

5800,5230 owners any suggestions.......please no one seems to reply about the scratch guard

v.Na5h said:
donno 'bout ebay
but i got ca101 for 120
(never matter getting original data cable coz its just a cable)...correct me if iam wrong :bleh:
ang 8gb class4 kingston for 850

anybody tried getting a scratch guard
man getting a scratchguard and pouch is even tougher than getting the mobile!! :p

theres one rumix local made one selling around for 100rs :no::no:

other ones this one
i think it doesnt cover the whole screen
but is a reputed quality brand

5800,5230 owners any suggestions.......please no one seems to reply about the scratch guard

4 screen guards , i guess nokia 5800 guards will fit perfectly , contact gmano here in forum , he wil get u best guards at good price :)

hiviky2212 said:
4 screen guards , i guess nokia 5800 guards will fit perfectly , contact gmano here in forum , he wil get u best guards at good price :)

but i want to get it offline :p

hey anybody with scratch gard one does it fit the whole screen

How are the bundled ear phones ? I don't plan to invest on additional ones.

The speakers are mono, is that apparent while playing any song / calls ?

Is a document viewer preinstalled like the 5800 ? If NO, Is it a pain to install it manually ?

Use Gadgetshieldz full body protection for 380 Rs

Or

Scratchgard Invisible Shield Rs.250/-

Use Soundmagic PL 11 - Ultimate machine with amazing bass

Praks said:
Use Gadgetshieldz full body protection for 380 Rs

Or

Scratchgard Invisible Shield Rs.250/-

Use Soundmagic PL 11 - Ultimate machine with amazing bass

Can I get the first two from somewhere online?

janitha said:
Can I get the first two from somewhere online?

You can pay for Gadgetshieldz online with your Credit/Debit card.Do note that the price is in dollars. Shipping is free as they have an office in Chennai. Search for Gadgetshieldz review here on TE. Someone has posted a 15% off code for the skin.

Scratchgard is available on ebay.

abbY said:
How are the bundled ear phones ? I don't plan to invest on additional ones.

The speakers are mono, is that apparent while playing any song / calls ?

The bundled earhphones are pretty basic,not the in-ear sorts. Sound quality through them is passable. However it does improve quite a lot once you use decent headphones. I have a Senn. HD202s,PL-11s and Sony MDR-EX35LP. Tried them all and the phone sounds brilliant with all of them. I have been using a lot of SE phones for the past 4 years,mostly the Walkman series and I feel the Nokia sounds as good as them if not better. If you are the sort who listens to ghazals and sad songs,mostly vocal then the Nokia sounds a bit better. It has a bit extra clarity to it than the SEs.

Sound through the loudspeaker isnt that good. Doesnt sound as clear. Call quality is decent though.

nightwing892001 said:
I have a Senn. HD202s,PL-11s and Sony MDR-EX35LP. Tried them all and the phone sounds brilliant with all of them.

Does anybody has idea about philips she9500

where does it stand compared to pl-11 and other earphones mentioned above in terms of sound quality, price/perf ratio

i have she9500 and i think its pretty good

but i dont know how well it is compared to other earphones in the price range of 0.5k -1k

v.Na5h said:
Does anybody has idea about philips she9500
where does it stand compared to pl-11 and other earphones mentioned above in terms of sound quality, price/perf ratio

i have she9500 and i think its pretty good
but i dont know how well it is compared to other earphones in the price range of 0.5k -1k
From what I have heard and read in reviews,Philips sounds more balanced than the above mentioned earphones,all of which are quite bassy.:p Still it doesnt get any bassier than a SE Walkman+ PL11s. Heaven for headbangers.:rofl:

nightwing892001 said:
From what I have heard and read in reviews,Philips sounds more balanced than the above mentioned earphones,all of which are quite bassy.:p Still it doesnt get any bassier than a SE Walkman+ PL11s. Heaven for headbangers.:rofl:

yeah the bass of she9500 could have been better
still a VFM for 400 bucks.:)

Just got the news from one of my trusted dealers (Nokia Priority shop) that the 5230 is on its way out now that the cheaper 5233 has the hit the scene.

gforce said:
Just got the news from one of my trusted dealers (Nokia Priority shop) that the 5230 is on its way out now that the cheaper 5233 has the hit the scene.

sounds like a pretty good news :bleh:

we would have been in a great disaster god forbid u provided us some TIMELY NEWS :rofl: :rofl:

hahhaha in 1 month ,my phone is out from market , i am feeling special now :eek:hyeah:,

dont know about 5233 but my 5230 is worth every paise i spent on this :clap:

Went to Chroma today and had an opportunity to check the phone, here it is selling for Rs8999+Philips Headphones worth Rs1499 free

My Impressions:

Touch Screen response is as good as the iphone or any other capacitive phone (can't believe this is a resistive screen).

Didn't like the double touch part, is there a way to turn it off ?

The video quality is brilliant and still camera is decent too

In short, <3 the phone

I dont know about iphone touch vs 5230 touch,BTW never used an iphone. :ashamed:

But,

The double touch is annoying,not able to turn it off.

Camera is very much average,my 2 megapixel moto a810,gave better shots. :no:

But in ideal conditions,of bright sunshine the photos are great.

TIP:

When in perfect sunshine,dont take instant photos,wait for 2 secs,auto color correction takes place and end result is better than that instant pic.

Source:

My experience :tongue:

Back