Nokia 5230 listed for 8.5k in ebay

@janitha,screen guard of nokia 5800 does do the job,i had my phone put on 5800's scratch guard and it fits perfectly

arun687 said:
Well its easy. Goto mobile.google.com and there you'll find google maps. Download and install it. That's it just launch the app and you're good to go. It downloads maps from the internet in realtime so you would end up using quite a bit of data though.

yes thats about it! :eek:hyeah:,keep phone memory above 5mb,otherwise the app will not load

I wanna know that a shopkeepr is saying i can sell u nokia 5230 for 8k which is from gaffar market which bill will mention only imei no and not battery no etc etc.

But at 8300 bucks he will give bill with battery no etc etc.

whats this yaar ?

bitspilani said:
I wanna know that a shopkeepr is saying i can sell u nokia 5230 for 8k which is from gaffar market which bill will mention only imei no and not battery no etc etc.
But at 8300 bucks he will give bill with battery no etc etc.

whats this yaar ?

Don't be fooled by crazy quotes and offers. Go for a valid piece. I got mine for Rs.8,250(could have bargained more) from a Nokia Priority Dealer.

guys how is the sound quality of this phone ??

specially with earphones ??...i can use my creative ep 630 with it :p

which 1 is superior if i compare 5230 & 5800 in sound department with earphones ??

i have not tried using 5800 xpress music.

But i really admire the sound quality of nokia 5230,it almost matches the sound quality of my psp.

Im using my dad's blackberry IEM's,and they are great!

Got 5230 yesterday @ 8.9k

Got a philips earphone SHE9500 + a adidas bag with it

the sound quality through speakers is way worse than my previous phone

but with the philips earphone its simply superb

BTW Will this phone support class 6 microSD card??

v.Na5h said:
Got 5230 yesterday @ 8.9k
Got a philips earphone SHE9500 + a adidas bag with it

the sound quality through speakers is way worse than my previous phone
but with the philips earphone its simply superb

is the offer still on?

janitha said:
Updated firmware from 11.0.079 to 12.0.089. No noticeable difference. From where to get a good screen guard?

There are a variety of them available. I would suggest going for full body protection.

Zagg's Invisible Shield seems to be popular here on TE but having used one,I wouldn't suggest it. Bodyguardz and Wrapsol are better alternatives if you plan to buy from phoren.:p You do have to search for the 5230's skin though.I suppose the 5800XM's would fit since they both have the same dimensions.

Wrapsol:wrapsol | complete scratch-proof protection systems for iphone, ipod, macbook, blackberry, nokia, lg, samsung, sony, htc, nintendo and more.

Bodyguardz:BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Mobile Devices | Skins, Covers, Screen Protectors, Cases, Shields

You can get Gadgetshieldz and Scratchgard here in India. The latter's LCD protector is listed on Ebay for Rs.250/-. Gadgetshieldz offers full body protection for around Rs 380/-. I just ordered a 5800XM skin from them. There's review on TE too for the same.

Scratch-Proof Transparent Covers for Mobile Devices | Full Body Scratch-Guards & Screen Protectors,Skins,Shields | Gadget Shieldz

Welcome to Scratchgard

Has somebody heard of Nokia 5233 which is similar to Nokia 5230 saw it across various billboards in mumbai (not the 5235 comes with music phone)

v.Na5h said:
Has somebody heard of Nokia 5233 which is similar to Nokia 5230 saw it across various billboards in mumbai (not the 5235 comes with music phone)
Nokia 5233 is going to be launched next month at the Mobile World Congress. It is basically a 5230 without 3G (only 2G/EDGE). Look here for FCC info.
I think it will be priced at 7xxx. Maybe good for saving another few hundred bucks if one does not need 3G.

v.Na5h said:

Somebody pl clear this doubt i have to get a memory card

Is the scratch guard we get for 150 bucks reliable??

One shop was offering a single scratch guard for 500 bucks

(he said that it is original ,fingerprint scratch resistant)

but didnt seem to look like original to me had something written in chinese and had a picture of iPhone on it

Other was offering 3 scratch guard for 200 bucks

I need something like this

2af0906.jpg

Back