WP Nokia Lumia 520 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how's the low light photography on the 520? know someone interested in buying this but the lack of flash is the (only) dissuading factor

how's the low light photography on the 520? know someone interested in buying this but the lack of flash is the (only) dissuading factor
The camera on 620 and 520 being the same, and i have a 620 (520+LED Flash)
i can say its pretty good, but not great, Wish there was HDR mode.

I think I'll go ahead and but 520 since i heard its good when it comes to battery life.

How good is internet browsing for desktop sites ?

I think I'll go ahead and but 520 since i heard its good when it comes to battery life.

How good is internet browsing for desktop sites ?

same as other WP8 phones. the experience is almost identical (save for the 920's HD display)

The camera on 520 and 620 are different. 520 is bad for low light photography cause there is no flash. Otherwise, in normal light I thought the composition of the pics was nice.[DOUBLEPOST=1366698637][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and most of 620's pics look good cause of the screen :p Compare on a monitor, I didnt find much difference in the quality.

And no flash is great for me. I've spent the last 4yrs switching the flash off on my N82 before I take pics.

Anyone using Full Day 2G how long does battery last ?

Usage of the missus' 520 -
1. Alarm at 7 am:mad:
2. 30-45 mins voice calls, numerous whatsapp messages, intermittent browsing(facebook), 2 email accounts on autosync, live tiles.
3. 10-15 songs downloaded from Nokia Music.
4. 30 mins streaming music to HU or 30 mins of Fruit Ninja on the way back.
5. 1 hour of Asphalt 7 heat by yours truly after dinner whilst the missus enjoys her daily soaps.
6. At 11:30 P.M. the phone retains at 25-40% battery capacity.

Knowing Lumias, the situation will drastically change from tomorrow when she switches over to 3G.

^ I heard there are some issues with syncing with gmail and facebook ?
@mithun
Whats the best price if purchase locally in Mumbai ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Google is about to drop support for Exchange ActiveSync on July 31. And without EAS, it is not possible to sync calendar and contacts because then GMail account will be synced via IMAP. To overcome this, MS needs to include support for CalDav and CardDav for calendar and contacts respectively - which MS is supposedly working on already, and we can expect it to be rolled out before the end of this year.
So once Google drops EAS, mails will be synced via IMAP, calendar via CalDav and contacts via CardDav.
In short, no need to worry about GMail on WP :)

Regarding Facebook, I am not sure what issue(s) you have heard. It works very well for me at least (been using WP for about two years now)

Here is the official Microsoft blog post about GMail sync:
http://blogs.windows.com/windows_ph...ching-google-services-with-windows-phone.aspx

Available for only 9189 from HS18
Coupon Code: GCE49CZV564G

iTRxktK.jpg

@mithun
Whats the best price if purchase locally in Mumbai ?

Have not had any issues syncing with Gmail even on my L800. The missus doesn't have a gmail id, so cannot really tell if its an issue with WP8. Facebook works well to, and since the last update it included Whatsapp like notifications on the Tile.

I purchased it at 9850/-(effectively) fr0m a Nokia Priority here in Kolkata. Multi brand stores may have it for even less.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best price i could see in my locality was 9700 but I'll go about of my locality to get it for 9500 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back