Nokia n8 or iphone 3gs or......??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahib

Disciple
hi people,
Getting enough of my xperia x10i ,i now plan to buy a new phone..
But the thing is which one to buy?:S
i have budget for 26k

PS:I hate the samsung galaxy S (its a personal opinion )
Thanks

dhruvrock2000 said:
Android and Symbian are poles apart in their approach to mobiles. You can't call Symbian a fail.. its just different.

Android = Web first

Symbian = Phone first

Both have widgets , Android has free floating ones , Symbian has locked slots. Under the menu , both are application icons with Symbian arguably having better app management via folders.

So at the end of the day , its what appeals to you. I would seriously refrain from calling Symbian an 'epic fail'

Also... hardware wise , the N8 cannot be beat. At 22k or so... you can't find a better hardware package. Hell go higher still and even then in hardware terms you can't find a better package. Software ofcourse is something which is upto ones own liking.
Just let it go buddy ,the upselling is not working the product is flawed .

And I am not comparing it to iOS or android , even some lower end htc touch screen phones perform better .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khanvis2009 said:

And I am not comparing it to iOS or android , even some lower end htc touch screen phones perform better .

omg now this is simple hate for nokia is speaking nothing much lol keep it up.

khanvis2009 said:

I have no motive in promoting Symbian... its just that i don't feel how symbian is an epic "FAIL" . I use all major operating systems on a day to day basis... everything from Android , iOS to Maemo , MeeGo and yea even WebOS at times. I know Symbian has flaws but just point out the FAIL part to me please ? You should understand that not everyone shares your viewpoint.

@khanvis thanks dude your suggestions have been totally helpful.

@dhruv ,dude its just that am not critisizing the symbian or the n8.But its like if i had been owning an n900 or maybe the n97 i wudve definitely loved it.

But for someone using the android and apple day-in-day-out won't support the symbian.

It just didnt give the appeal.It didnt click to me.A gadget you buy gives an adrenaline rush (as in the case for me),it creates an all new world which one feels like unfolding and desires to do so.

But the n8 failed to bring up a smile on my face.

Agaian its a personal opinion totally.

And yeah i totally agree with @technoo_guy

The symbian feels like a Kid trying to learn new things

Whereas an android gives the feel of a dude in his 20's ready to take on the world.

Philosphical but true. :p

sahib said:
@khanvis thanks dude your suggestions have been totally helpful.
@dhruv ,dude its just that am not critisizing the symbian or the n8.But its like if i had been owning an n900 or maybe the n97 i wudve definitely loved it.
But for someone using the android and apple day-in-day-out won't support the symbian.
It just didnt give the appeal.It didnt click to me.A gadget you buy gives an adrenaline rush (as in the case for me),it creates an all new world which one feels like unfolding and desires to do so.
But the n8 failed to bring up a smile on my face.
Agaian its a personal opinion totally.
And yeah i totally agree with @technoo_guy
The symbian feels like a Kid trying to learn new things
Whereas an android gives the feel of a dude in his 20's ready to take on the world.
Philosphical but true. :p
thats fine but after all this what ur going to buy x10 its ok but dont say ur going for 3gs lol

dhruvrock2000 said:
I have no motive in promoting Symbian... its just that i don't feel how symbian is an epic "FAIL" . I use all major operating systems on a day to day basis... everything from Android , iOS to Maemo , MeeGo and yea even WebOS at times. I know Symbian has flaws but just point out the FAIL part to me please ? You should understand that not everyone shares your viewpoint.
Man do u even read ur own n8 threads and comments I mean anyone can look at it and say ur promoting it . Even ur signature says it all ! It's really obvious and it's getting to a point where u r ruining ur own reputation .

But if u still want to praise it go right ahead cause everyone has a right on this forum to comment and express their viewpoint .

dhruvrock2000 said:
^^ So thats what i said man ! whats the fail ? I've always admitted it that Symbian has issues... i've been saying it all along... but Symbian =/= Nokia !
at last final outcome is dont buy n8 if you dont like symbian but dont say touch is bad and screen sucks and so on and on overall pros of n8 is way higher than cons due to symbian

But then its simple even if nokia has given it a good touchscreen with multi touch and stuff.The overall experience lags coz of the symbian

How you buy that?

sahib said:
But then its simple even if nokia has given it a good touchscreen with multi touch and stuff.The overall experience lags coz of the symbian
How you buy that?
frankly man you are invited come when ever u can and see if its hang or lag i will give it for free to u. i am no nokia fan but i am using n8 from last 3 days and for me not yet lag for even once

No thanks but maybe you've been lucky

Or maybe i was unlucky to get hold of a unreceptive piece

Or maybe the nokia

Or i dunno if this discussion ends somewhere

sahib said:
No thanks but maybe you've been lucky
Or maybe i was unlucky to get hold of a unreceptive piece
Or maybe the nokia
Or i dunno if this discussion ends somewhere
i am no lucky nor ur unlucky its just u check the device which is used by many and overall being messed up. when i check at reliance digital i was bit on backfoot but that guys says give it back if it lag like this once u use your own device i like what he said and gave a shot and lucky me he was right anyways. i guess you should close this thread because no point as your not going for 3gs nor n8 lol so game over

I wouldve closed it before giving you the oppurtunity to spam further and brag about a looser phone but i never knew threads out of the market section can be closed by users.

sahib said:
I wouldve closed it before giving you the oppurtunity to spam further and brag about a looser phone but i never knew threads out of the market section can be closed by users.
not one brag abt anything just telling what are pro and cons but seems like u have nice money tree at home so go and spend 45k on iphone 4 factory unlocked and brag abt your super phone

sahib said:
Dude, this is really rude and uncalled for, you open a thread for opinions and suggestions, and thats precisely what your getting, if you dont want them, why bothe opening a thread, just go out there and buy whatever you want to.

sahib said:
hi people,
Getting enough of my xperia x10i ,i now plan to buy a new phone..
But the thing is which one to buy?:S
i have budget for 26k

PS:I hate the samsung galaxy S (its a personal opinion )
Thanks
Yeah even I didnt like it, dunno why.
N8 FTW, beautiful pictures, games run good, lag in old S60v5 phones is non-existent in Symbian^3 N8

N8 is good for photography 8MP & 720p video recording is always Plus..
some what very few non-innovative apps on Symbain Phone, screen suck.. Same Old Interface with no change at all..

iPhone 3gs - it has also its own problem, but looks are classy and i heard Airtel 3G launching officially iPhone 3Gs with contract.. so you can expect some price down in a month or two.. Airtel even posted it on their website too.. Keep watching..

Lovely...!!

Incidentally only the n8 owners spamming and crapping here and calling the OT absurd.

Cool if this is how things run.

Mods please close the thread as i couldnt find a close thread ooption in thread tools.

wont be posting any further.Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back