Nvidia GeForce RTX 2000 series Founders Editions graphics cards

Until AMD pulls a Ryzen Nvidia is going to do what Intel did from 2nd to 7th gen Core CPUs.Funny to think that my last AMD GPU was a 6970 and then on its been 770 and then 1060 since I game at 1080p.

No wonder Koduri was shown the door after the Vega crap. But one good thing now that nvidia is dominating is that we don't see any more flame wars between fanboys. I guess they have now woken up to how monopolies operate.

If only I could move to a PS4 it would be much more hassle free. Only problem I have i Keyboard+Mouse support since I mostly play FPS'es and I could never hit anything that got within 10 feet of me with a controller on a friend's xbox.

If the reviews look good then I might shell out for a RTX 2070 though but not for 15-20% gain and provided its below 45k or so.

Last edited:
I'd wait for the reviews to show the actual performance gains since Nvidia's presentation didn't even bother to compare the actual performance with the 10 series gpu's they just kept on giving out vague statements without backing them up with proper numbers.. It was one of the weirdest presentations I've ever seen from Nvidia. They basically tried to show that ray tracing was the single most important factor in gaming and that is the only thing that matters. The pricing is ridiculously high as well.. Also the claim that the 3rd party vendor cards being cheaper is just a farce as looking at the prices of all the 3rd party partners pricing it doesn't seems to be true as they have either put the same prices or in some cases even higher than the founders edition for their premium end products. I guess getting them from the US seems like the only option as of now but even the US 3rd party vendors have 1250-1350$ pricing plus the tax which is stupid money.. hope the reviews come out soon to give us a more clearer picture of the new series..

Ray tracing always had potential to bring more realism to game rendering, but never had been practical to do in real time due to the computing intensive nature of it. Obviously, now that nVidia is investing in GPU assisted real time ray tracing enough to work with game developers to have it incorporated into upcoming games, why would they not focus a lot on it? Companies will focus on the biggest changes they are bringing to the table. Not much different from how AMD focused a lot on HBM when they integrated it for the first time

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-22_0-21-50.png
    upload_2018-8-22_0-21-50.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Yes, a friend is coming from the US and i was considering getting one of these, but i'm really surprised the price difference is only 2.7k between there and here. I thought it would be much more.

Also, the 4gb Ti version definitely seems better for $30 more. Thanks for the tip.

Ray tracing is the future. All films are fully ray traced these days.
movie rendering is different from game rendering... just saying.

What I didnt really like about the presentation is that they were throwing all new terminology which you cannot compare to anything existing. And cautiously avoiding all the existing benchmarks like 3dmark etc... I felt Jensen was bullshitting everyone.

movie rendering is different from game rendering... just saying.

What I didnt really like about the presentation is that they were throwing all new terminology which you cannot compare to anything existing. And cautiously avoiding all the existing benchmarks like 3dmark etc... I felt Jensen was bullshitting everyone.

Movie rendering also used REYES methods before just like games. With more compute power they moved to ray tracing which is simply a better way to render scenes in terms of fidelity and is way less work for lighting artists. It is inevitable that game graphics will also move in the same direction once the compute power is available. Main question is how good/bad is it in the first gen hardware.

As for JH bullshitting everyone - it is entirely possible that these cards are no faster than the current pascal ones in conventional rendering.

Last edited:
Yes, a friend is coming from the US and i was considering getting one of these, but i'm really surprised the price difference is only 2.7k between there and here. I thought it would be much more.

Also, the 4gb Ti version definitely seems better for $30 more. Thanks for the tip.
why not just get it in india. Its 170$ ie 11.8k rs. Its selling in india for 13.3k online at md computers. and you get warranty too. Its 12.6k at CTC hyderabad right now.

it makes sense buying mid range and high end graphics cards from US becasue they're priced outrageously in india [DOUBLEPOST=1534915886][/DOUBLEPOST]
No wonder Koduri was shown the door after the Vega crap. But one good thing now that nvidia is dominating is that we don't see any more flame wars between fanboys. I guess they have now woken up to how monopolies operate.
Isn't raj poached by intel because they're launching Intel branded discreet graphics cards in 2020?

Hmm..
In terms of cuda cores
2944 cores (2080)< 3584 cores (1080 ti)< 3840 cores (Titan XP)< 4352 cores (2080 ti)

In terms of price in Singapore
1080ti < 2080 < 2080 ti < Titan XP

Looking at the specs without any reviews I can see the 1080ti with a nice water block to overclock would be the best value in terms of performance to value. But I will wait till I can see some numbers...

Based on preview report done by TechRadar based on their experiences running various games on the 2080Ti during the launch event, they said it can handle 4K @ Highest settings with 100+ FPS in almost all cases. Maybe Real Time Ray tracing will give it a tough time, but it looks like this will be the card for High FPS 4K gaming. In any case, lets wait for the benchmarks.

2080Ti + RTX ON @1080p on Shadow of Tomb Raider => 30fps is a no go...

This whiny chap needs to take the chill pill. I agree with him that everyone will be paying first adopter tax on these cards but that is all that makes sense in this video.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is real-time ray tracing gonna be as optimized as standard rasterized graphics out of the gate.

Things are probably in their alpha build with alpha drivers. Things will be better when it is actually released.

I'm pretty certain when TR releases in a few weeks, its implementation of RT will be sub optimal. Doesn't mean it can't be improved later.

For the technically inclined, here's a presentation that goes into the gory details of what is going on with GPU ray tracing. It is not for the faint of heart. You've been warned.

on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc/2018/presentation/s8521-advanced-graphics-extensions-for-vulkan.pdf

Back