Nvidia GeForce RTX 2000 series Founders Editions graphics cards

Until AMD pulls a Ryzen Nvidia is going to do what Intel did from 2nd to 7th gen Core CPUs.Funny to think that my last AMD GPU was a 6970 and then on its been 770 and then 1060 since I game at 1080p.

No wonder Koduri was shown the door after the Vega crap. But one good thing now that nvidia is dominating is that we don't see any more flame wars between fanboys. I guess they have now woken up to how monopolies operate.

If only I could move to a PS4 it would be much more hassle free. Only problem I have i Keyboard+Mouse support since I mostly play FPS'es and I could never hit anything that got within 10 feet of me with a controller on a friend's xbox.

If the reviews look good then I might shell out for a RTX 2070 though but not for 15-20% gain and provided its below 45k or so.

Sad days for me.

Looks like I'll be keeping that Rx 580 for a loooooooonnnggggg time

This whiny chap needs to take the chill pill. I agree with him that everyone will be paying first adopter tax on these cards but that is all that makes sense in this video.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is real-time ray tracing gonna be as optimized as standard rasterized graphics out of the gate.

Well, his point was that you should not Pre-order because the presentation talked a lot about Real time Ray tracing, but did not talk about general performance difference from previous generation and it disappoints him that there might be any big performance boosts. But nothing would change for me even if they did a demo showing a major performance increase from previous gen. I simply don't pre-order new and untested hardware (or software). Not doing pre-orders is sound advice regardless of how they went about the presentation.

Also, I get the feeling that if this had been AMD that had make the exact same presentation, the general response would have been quite different. It would have been over hyped to hell without even seeing a demo.

Hardware assisted Real time ray tracing in gaming is for me a fairly big technological milestone in the same league as the introduction of the programmable Shaders in GeForce 3 or the Unified shader architecture. It is something new being done, apart from the usual progressive performance increase and worth putting a lot of focus on in a presentation.

We are already at a stage where a GTX1080 can easily handle anything that you throw at it @ 1080p with ease and even 4K in majority of cases. I am running a lot of games on my GTX 1080 @ 4K with acceptable frame rates. 1080 Ti takes it even further. What is the point of a card built on a new architecture if all its going to do is to give me 50% more FPS in a game that's already running at 100+ FPS @ 1080p.

It may not be the card that makes Real time Ray tracing practical to its full potential, but it has to start somewhere. I would be more than happy if RTX1080/RTX1080 Ti are even 10-15% better than previous gen for the regular rendering work loads. Also, Ray tracing is not just about getting better shadows as some people are thinking. It can bring a paradigm shift in how a bunch of things are handled in games for graphics and physics.

Also, I get the feeling that if this had been AMD that had make the exact same presentation, the general response would have been quite different. It would have been over hyped to hell without even seeing a demo.

I'm sorry, but what makes you come to that conclusion?

AMD has the most skeptics of all.

my opinion, lower frame rate destroys the user experience. just like buffering an online streaming video. This means people wont enable ray tracing. now, nvidia cant make the cards cheaper because of the bigger die size compared to 1080 series cards. The only way this could work is to put two cards in SLI and have a gsync screen. because anyone who wants to buy 2080ti dont want to play games at 1080p. No matter how I see it, I dont find a cheaper way.

Fps gains on existing games...obviously without any ray tracing or other rtx technologies.

And performance improvement of the 2080 over the 1080 with DLSS.

u4CKznU.jpg

TuringVsPascal_EditorsDay_Aug22_v3-2.png

BF V ingame demo with Ray tracing enabled - @ 4:40

Looks to be between 40-60 fps

I'm sorry, but what makes you come to that conclusion?

AMD has the most skeptics of all.

Given the level of hype for everything from HBM to Vega and almost every CPU release in last decade that was mediocre at best except for ZEN series and even that too was way over hyped than what was necessary.

My general observation is that a lot of people like to to find reasons to nitpick about market leaders as compared to the underdogs. When its an iterative release, people say that it doesn't bring anything new to the table and when a new tech milestone is achieved, they complain about how its not going to be useless and they would rather have the performance gain. On the other hand, even a small and underwhelming stride by an underdog is given way more hype than necessary. If AMD had introduced Hardware Ray Tracing, it would have been better received as the next big thing even with the understanding that the first card may not be that good at it.

https://mdcomputers.in/asus-geforce-dual-rtx2080ti-o11g.html

Getting crazier by the day.... 1.31 lac for the Asus Dual fan 2080Ti.
"Pre-order" lol. And that's just the Dual-OC version. Gawd knows how much the more premium ones would cost. :D
Lol I cant even imagine how much the strix oc edition would cost going by the price of the dual fan.. [emoji23][emoji23] it would amount upto 2000$
Two kidneys and an arm and a leg. Just Asus doing Asus thing I guess. \_( -. -)_/

LOL whatta joke. So far the best prices are at nvidia.in for the reference card.
Thats what seems a bit weird to me. This time around the FE cards are not reference cards e.g. the 599$ RTX 2070 FE with a boost clock of 1710 Mhz over the 1620 Mhz of the 499$ RTX 2070 is listed at 51k on the nvidia site.

They wanted to differentiate the FE cards to justify the additional price. This time around, there are supposed to be binned chips with an overclock and a better cooler compared to the stock reference cards.

gonna wait till proper benchmarks. lesson learnt from amd actually :D

No wonder Koduri was shown the door after the Vega crap.
I don't think vega was Koduri's brainchild since he was put in charge after development started. I always thought what comes after vega will be his handiwork.

Really sorry to spam this thread but are these good lower-mid range options?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0762PP97W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MG0733A

Around Rs. 9.8k

Can't go wrong with either if you have budget constraints, if you can stretch your budget by $30 get this instead.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...4125915&cm_re=gtx_1050-_-14-125-915-_-Product

^Agree. The 1050ti not only has more ram but more cores, hence faster. Definitely worth the extra $.

Nvidia has allegedly taken a hard stance against a sponsored streamer and influencer from India for expressing his opinion about preordering hardware. PC Peasants co-hosts Rohin Bhaumik and Archishman "fett" Pradhan were conducting a podcast about the unveiling of the new Nvidia RTX lineup when the subject of preordering came up at the 5 minute and 7 minute mark in the video below. Both discussed getting burned in the past by preordering The Division based on a trade show trailer. Then they gave many reasons why they were against preordering hardware without real world benchmarks by reviewers.

According to Rohin Bhaumik this was considered "improper conduct" and his entire gaming rig he had received as an Nvidia sponsorship had to be returned. When asked why he lost his LG, HyperX and Zotac sponsorships, he responded, "It was a package deal man."

https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/0...ship_for_stance_against_preordering_hardware/

Back