Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

on point,institutes have old shitty gpu's my college was scammed for 80k they were sold a gtx 690 in 2017 for that amount,stupid prof who thinks he knows it all did'nt know what the latest card was and lamington road sellers took him for a ride.
That is a dual GPU card if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
I get it that students buy those cards and parents will spend what ever it takes for studies but those are single cards per student and even lesser number when we talk about gamers but someone who is mining is equal to 6 such cases when he make a 6 card rig for mining. This is just my assumption and people with more insight can comment, I think if we compare then majority of these cards go to miners around 50~60%, 30~35% for students/institutes and less than 10% to gamers.
Is mining a big thing in India? I seriously doubt Indians are into building mining farms. I personally think that Indian quota for NVIDIA cards in particular is fully monitored and controlled by RPTech and limited supplies are then manipulated to control prices. Mining is just an excuse for these exorbitant prices.

Is mining a big thing in India? I seriously doubt Indians are into building mining farms. I personally think that Indian quota for NVIDIA cards in particular is fully monitored and controlled by RPTech and limited supplies are then manipulated to control prices. Mining is just an excuse for these exorbitant prices.
it is. just google in YouTube :p

it is. just google in YouTube :p
Then there's no chance of getting MSRP GPUs until there's a crypto crash. Retailers and Distributors have a tight network of direct dumping stocks.
RP Tech was caught previously and they have also stopped flash sales. And there's no international monitoring directly from NVIDIA because everyone in the end cares about profits and sales target.

Last edited:
Like I said before, ample GPU'S available in the market. There is even a 3080ti Amp holo lying with a dealer and no takers.He's even offering a discount. @1.43L it's a decent deal, but people generally compare an AIB card pricing with a FE card, that itself creates a deficit of 31K which becomes a lot of money. Not many people can justify this kind of money but things like 5year warranty over 3 and a better built quality/Cooler may make value sence to some.

Like I said before, ample GPU'S available in the market. There is even a 3080ti Amp holo lying with a dealer and no takers.He's even offering a discount. @1.43L it's a decent deal, but people generally compare an AIB card pricing with a FE card, that itself creates a deficit of 31K which becomes a lot of money. Not many people can justify this kind of money but things like 5year warranty over 3 and a better built quality/Cooler may make value sence to some.
That’s true, people think the benchmark is the FE card, but the coil whine and the core and mem temps in comparison to the AIB are abysmal. Yes AIBs do have a small markup in even a normal market, the mark has certainly ballooned with these new cards, but IMO, they are still worth it over FE cards

That’s true, people think the benchmark is the FE card, but the coil whine and the core and mem temps in comparison to the AIB are abysmal. Yes AIBs do have a small markup in even a normal market, the mark has certainly ballooned with these new cards, but IMO, they are still worth it over FE cards
This was true for older FE cards. RTX 3000 FE are actually bang for buck. Both price and performance wise. This is why people are obsessed with them. Cooling solution\heatsink and dual fans work great on it. And considering OC potential is also not much makes AIB severely overpriced. Boost Clock difference is 50-200MHz from default 1710MHz for 3080 for example but the higher tier like ROG Strix are way overpriced. Obviously we all know why as there are multitude reasons.

it is but in 2017 better quadro cards existed for compute and design. or they could have got a titan z. using a 80k gtx 690 for just web design and renders is stupid. saas/paas solutions would have been much cheaper
Your Professor X disagrees!

iu

If I get 3060 at MSRP then will sell my 1060 for 10k ONLY to a gamer or someone who is in need, I've been here for a long time and know who are the people that actually need the card and deserve normal price so for newbies it will be like a RP Tech sale :p

P.S. Guys please don't PM for the card as this is my only card for display and I won't sell unless new one is in hand.
& how you even gonna verify if he is a pure gamer or a miner? Share your technique..
3060 won't ever be at MSRP or near as it doesn't have an FE. On the other hand the 3060 Ti is far better and worth the extra over 3060 at MSRP.
True and LHR though it hardly matters as even it can be mined!
lot of them even use parents money
Old story...parent loot in the name of college fees is since decades now..
lot of college students state want to learn ai/ml thus need a gpu. 90% of kids in my engineering college did this and same story is country wide in every engineering college. students with rtx 2060 laptops etc purchased by parents for "ai/ml" only 10% of them actually use it for ai/ml everyone else just uses collab.lot of kids in engineering come from middle class families who can afford atleast a 1050ti etc laptops so yeah
& eod they can be seen cs etc. canteen, libraries and hostel room or group mining..
That is a dual GPU card if I'm not mistaken
Yes and I'm still using aka holding on one I have...true beast but bit faded by the age..
Even if its small, Indian voice, forums, yt, public make it look massive and hence retailers are looting India!
Artificial 3000 series price inflation has caused it and bubble will burst by Dec-Jan so wait and watch!
Another astrologer another story for the same glory..
Hearing plenty of such dreamy bubbles since 8 months now with various dates, time and muhurats which are blasting in the air of Ethereum and Bitcoin, and this is one such jan-dec bubble..keep hoping and dreaming.

& how you even gonna verify if he is a pure gamer or a miner? Share your technique..
nothing special, I just know few people who have been trying really hard to get hands on a card, ofc 1060 can't be considered for high end games so it would be for someone who really need one.
Though there is a big possibility that we won't see that day in 2021.

& eod they can be seen cs etc. canteen, libraries and hostel room or group mining..
eod,bro the whole day minus exam season. i know a iitian in comp sci infact but wasted his life on cs:go and now lives on his girlfriends money. same story in every college boys are busy playing cs:go,pubg and crap while their girlfriends have good jobs and learn to code etc. know 3-4 such example in my friend circle itself. sad af. the gaming addiction problem is going out of hand. example a friend due to wasting his college years palying cs go got a 3lp shit job while his girlfriend(ex due to pay difference) got a 25lp one at a faang level

eod,bro the whole day minus exam season. i know a iitian in comp sci infact but wasted his life on cs:go and now lives on his girlfriends money. same story in every college boys are busy playing cs:go,pubg and crap while their girlfriends have good jobs and learn to code etc. know 3-4 such example in my friend circle itself. sad af. the gaming addiction problem is going out of hand
Addiction of anything is a problem. Gaming is not any different. During my college days as well we use to procrastinate all day albeit it wasn't PC gaming but rather outdoor sports.

Without harming others, do what you want all day, as long as either of these 2 things checks out:
1) Can accomplish the main goal of passing exams or landing a job. And always know that's primary.
2) Or have a father's business/rich background to fallback to if everything falls to shit.

Otherwise that kid will soon become a liability and only end up ****ing himself.

Addiction of anything is a problem. Gaming is not any different. During my college days as well we use to procrastinate all day albeit it wasn't PC gaming but rather outdoor sports.

Without harming others, do what you want all day, as long as either of these 2 things checks out:
1) Can accomplish the main goal of passing exams or landing a job. And always know that's primary.
2) Or have a father's business/rich background to fallback to if everything falls to shit.

Otherwise that kid will soon become a liability and only end up ****ing himself.
who would explain that to these kids,these boys are beyond understanding.

Yeah that's the problem. That age of "I know it all" "Meri gaand mein hai saare Brahmaand ka gyan". They're beyond reason as you say.
Laato k bhoot baato se nhi maante... Jab zindagi tamacha maregi to aa jayegi akal thikane
thing is parents these days are busy in their own things parents should check on their kids,its difficult when kids are in hostel but regular checks should be kept

I have gotten email from RP Tech for 3090. Incase anyone wants to buy it please pm me.

I just bought a used 3090 from someone from here. So [emoji2357][emoji2357]. But now that I don’t need one. Please pm me if you want it. it’s first come first serve.

Edit : OFFER is Closed. Have sold it to @Mann

Last edited:
I have gotten email from RP Tech for 3090. Incase anyone wants to buy it please pm me.

I just bought a used 3090 from someone from here. So [emoji2357][emoji2357]. But now that I don’t need one. Please pm me if you want it. it’s first come first serve.

Edit : OFFER is Closed. Have sold it to @Mann
I am sorry to say dear but this is very wrong - you should have mentioned 10% convenience fees here upfront instead of negotiating with people over pm.
You never said in your post first come first bidding process, if that was the case then why did you reply to me over pm sir?

Back