Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

Even Galax costs 46k lol. I want to know the thoughts of the people who bought these cards.
Screenshot_20210226-105522.png

Due to 192bit?
This is strictly a 1080p card specially for upcoming AAA games. The likely hood of these games ever exceeding 6/8GB VRAM at 1080p is very unlikely so it will essentially remain unused. To answer your question, I don't think 192 bit memory interface is the main issue here, it is just that the raster performance is not good enough to run qHD or higher resolutions where high resolution texture packs make a difference so the memory buffer will remain mostly unused.

Waiting for a 6GB card would be a better bet specially if they are price somewhere around 25k mark, else you might as well get a 3060ti.

I think that the 6GB variant, if any, would be a stripped down (like a lot) version of the 3060 in terms of the performance. I mean a lower performance than the 3060/Ti is a given but it may be far worse than you think. Nvidia will want to push for the sales of the 3060 12GB and 3060Ti. No way they are gonna let an entry level model which brings them minimal profits become the highest sold models.
I won't be surprised if that happens to the case.

Feel bad for a friend of mine who said he would be building a pc in june if the prices continue to stay this high. He's not even looking into the 3060 but waiting for the 3050 ti or non ti. Hell, i think he's temporarily added a 1660 super to his build list abd even that seems to be OOS everywhere. Horrible time to build a pc.

I think that the 6GB variant, if any, would be a stripped down (like a lot) version of the 3060 in terms of the performance. I mean a lower performance than the 3060/Ti is a given but it may be far worse than you think. Nvidia will want to push for the sales of the 3060 12GB and 3060Ti. No way they are gonna let an entry level model which brings them minimal profits become the highest sold models.
I feel like there ought to be a 6GB variant coming up soon.. The performance difference would be comparatively similar to the 6gb & 3gb versions of the 1060.

It all depends upon what AMD has to offer at this price point I think. Could go either ways I think.

I feel like there ought to be a 6GB variant coming up soon.. The performance difference would be comparatively similar to the 6gb & 3gb versions of the 1060.
I don't think it will coming up any time soon. Nvidia would want to push high MRP products right now as the demand & chip shortages both are high. They really don't have any incentive to put the same chip in a product which will sell for less. Although I do think it will come at some point in the future & will perform similarly to a regular 3060 but at that point they might launch a 3060 Super & discontinue regular 3060.

Honestly, this is all speculation at this time & I really don't think even Nvidia knows for sure how will the situation turn out 6 months down the line.

When I finally wanted to buy a better system, this shit happens. Tried buying the 3060ti FE during sale at RPtech and instead learned about various errors a webpage can churn out. Waiting for the next 3070 FE/3060ti FE sale while contemplating about just going for the Hero Xpulse 200 instead.

Back