Other OnePlus One - Please Share Your Thoughts/Impressions/Reviews Here [User Experience ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My OPO doesn't have any Yellow Tint. I was using a G2 previously and my only reason for going for OPO was the 64GB internal memory. I will most probably be buying a imported G3 and a 64GB card when the price for them reaches under 20k as I feel that a G3 is a much better phone. The only things that the OPO has over G3/G2 are the Sandstone back and CM. Even the flash on the OPO seems very weak compared to other phones.

1. The yellow tint/band is a problem. It's especially apparent against white/light backgrounds.
Related - https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...eck-if-your-phone-has-the-yellow-tint.202519/

2. I returned my 1st OPO because of the yellow tint. Received my 2nd one & it's got the same.
Glue. Give it a few days and it will clear up on its own. Or run a movie in loop for ten hours.

3. The camera in artificial light doesn't seem to be up to snuff in Auto mode, based on very early tests.

My comment on the OPO forums -

Thread found here - https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/serious-camera-issues-in-opo.204365/#post-8194576
There was one guy who posted a photo that turned out fine. The rest of that thread is inconclusive. I notice that the OPO does not do metering.

If auto bumps up to iso 4000 then set iso manually. You can also slow shutter on this device i think.

The Sandstone back is not a looker, imo. It doesn't have a premium look to it. Looks remind me of carpets used in the trunks of cars, :p. Also, not black by any stretch of the imagination. Definitely grey in colour.

But boy, does it feel great in your hands! Definitely a premiuim feel. Very, very unique, to say the least.
It means lot less likely to slip out of your hands which no other phone other than the xperia ZL can claim.

The downside to it is that it attracts dust, grit off of seemingly clean tabletops fairly easily.
yeah this is why nobody else wants to do it. So you need to figure out a way to clean it. Does running it under a tap work ?

Vadkumnathan temple by Madhu_kannan, on Flickr[DOUBLEPOST=1418367268][/DOUBLEPOST]
1503321_10205732218849161_1473746791643268402_n.jpg
Are these RAW or jpeg processed ?

My OPO doesn't have any Yellow Tint. I was using a G2 previously and my only reason for going for OPO was the 64GB internal memory. I will most probably be buying a imported G3 and a 64GB card when the price for them reaches under 20k as I feel that a G3 is a much better phone. The only things that the OPO has over G3/G2 are the Sandstone back and CM. Even the flash on the OPO seems very weak compared to other phones.
Imported G3 under 20k? What's the current price like & how long will it take to reach that mark? I checked on ebay.in & the imported ones seem to be 30kish? Or are you considering US rates & planning to get one by yourself?[DOUBLEPOST=1418395927][/DOUBLEPOST]
Does running it under a tap work ?
Mate, I'm not sure if that was meant in jest or you're being condescending. If it's the former, :). If it's the latter, silly me. I'll try that right away, :).

Imported G3 under 20k? What's the current price like & how long will it take to reach that mark? I checked on ebay.in & the imported ones seem to be 30kish? Or are you considering US rates & planning to get one by yourself?

Actually this is my first Indian phone for more than 2 years now. Have been buying phones from US for myself and my family for a while now. I would say, I can easily get a G3 from US for under 20k in a month or so. Have already left a few deals in which the landing cost would have been 22-23k.

Mate, I'm not sure if that was meant in jest or you're being condescending. If it's the former, :). If it's the latter, silly me. I'll try that right away, :).
I was wondering aloud as its a removable cover.

Using a brush will abrade it (maybe a soft one) so you need some soft cloth and soap water to clean it and do it regularly.

I wa slooking for a way to get a skin that provides that sort of feel but its a dirt magnet :(

Are these RAW or jpeg processed ?

They are shot in HDR mode the second pic i posted is straight out of cam , First one is post processed as the white balance was off, adjusted shadows and highlights . I feel that OPO has a capable camera module but letdown by the processing , If one plus brings a camera app with improved post processing it can create wonders .

I feel that OPO has a capable camera module but letdown by the processing , If one plus brings a camera app with improved post processing it can create wonders .

Looking forward to a raw processed image vs jpg from you :)

Last edited:
So, I got my Oneplus over the weekend. Ordered a OnePlus Matte Screen protector to go with it.

Topline Observations (Coming from a HTC One M7):
I'm loving how fast it charges with the 2 Amp charger and the OnePlus cable. Almost twice as fast as my HTC. There's some secret sauce in the cable, higher amperage rating or something to that effect. All my phones seem to charge faster with it irrespective of charger.

Tempered glass is great and all but nothing beats a matte screen protector, especially the one from OnePlus; brilliant fingerprint resistance with minimal to no loss in display quality.

Yellow tint, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but I seem to see it on some days and cant seem to see it on others. In any case not a bother.

Camera, battery life and overall performance are all quite satisfactory. I miss the brilliant night shots from my HTC, the camera on the OnePlus is no slouch, a RAW image from the camera is testament to the quality of the phone.

If anyone has specific questions, I can write back with my observations on the same but it needs to be said that there is no better phone available anywhere that is this good for the same or similar price.

Sprint Model has 0-10% Dev support on XDA which means we will be stuck on old OS :(

No need for dev support as all I do these days is root and run Xposed modules of my choice. And you won't be stuck on old OS because Sprint does issue regular updates. My G2 is already on 4.4.4 and will most definitely receive the Lollipop update as well.

Actually this is my first Indian phone for more than 2 years now. Have been buying phones from US for myself and my family for a while now. I would say, I can easily get a G3 from US for under 20k in a month or so. Have already left a few deals in which the landing cost would have been 22-23k.
Thanks for your reply. Will check.

I was wondering aloud as its a removable cover.....
Ah! Okay, & here I was wondering wth I said!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone's experiencing low wifi speeds, you could try un-checking wifi optimization from settings>wifi>advanced

Been using OPO for 2-3 days and these are my observations-
*Screen is beautiful
*I feel opo lighter than note series
* Camera not used much but indoor shots with good light are looking great on phone.
*Phone does heat up near 1+ sign while gaming for long time, been playing pvz2 and real racing to test.
*Speaker have good loundness even with 35 -40% volume and watching YouTube.
*Never seen Chrome running butter smooth ,so great for browsing.

Have ordered tempered glass and case after they arrive will make opo my primary device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back