Other OnePlus One - Please Share Your Thoughts/Impressions/Reviews Here [User Experience ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! Okay, & here I was wondering wth I said!
How you going to keep it clean ?[DOUBLEPOST=1418467334][/DOUBLEPOST]
Camera is 50/50, needs some adjustments, auto mode is not helpful.
What exactly is the problem with the camera ? from that thread all i got is it uses high ISO. In that case set it manually. Is that possible or not.

Auto is for test shots or ones you don't particularly care about. It will get it wrong more often than not.

Last edited:
@blr_p, you are true about auto using high ISO and need to set manually but me being not so literate in camera/photography always used to rely on auto on other phones but now need to set manually here :(

What should be the ISO value go for better photos?
ISO is the digital equivalent (or approximation) of film speed. If you remember buying film for a regular camera, you'd get 100 or 200 for outdoors and 400 or 800 for indoors. The faster the film speed the more sensitive it is to light. All of this still applies to digital photography, but it's called an ISO rating instead http://goo.gl/HaiOk |||| http://goo.gl/TqnGjO

What should be the ISO value go for better photos?
Lower is better. The problem is lower iso means shorter shutter so if light isn't enough then you get a clean shot that is underexposed. Typically, outdoors 50-100 ISO, indoors 200-400 even 800.

The other point is shutter. Can that be set or not ? It will make a huge difference with low light shots of static subjects. Manual will get you shots that auto cannot possibly do.

5.0 makes all of this possible.

@blr_p, you are true about auto using high ISO and need to set manually but me being not so literate in camera/photography always used to rely on auto on other phones but now need to set manually here :(
Its inconvenient at first but you will get used to it. On my phone i typically take 2-3 shots until i'm satisfed. Auto is a throwaway shot most of the times and my phone does not have any problems with iso. I like to see if i can beat the machine :D

Z1 had this problem when it came out not as bad but it took Sony 3+ months to fix it. How long will it take here. if you can workaround it you will get good shots starting from now. Its up to you. complain or figure it out yourself.

Last edited:
Lower is better. The problem is lower iso means shorter shutter so if light isn't enough then you get a clean shot that is underexposed. Typically, outdoors 50-100 ISO, indoors 200-400 even 800.

The other point is shutter. Can that be set or not ? It will make a huge difference with low light shots of static subjects. Manual will get you shots that auto cannot possibly do.

5.0 makes all of this possible.
There are 3rd party which does this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flavionet.android.camera.lite&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flavionet.android.camera.pro&hl=en
This app allows to set most of the settings, Aparture, ISO and so on, I don't even know what all of them called.

IIRC, even the stock camera app on OPO allows you to set all of these parameters manually.
yeah, all there, there is a slow shutter speed option which is odd because it does not include anything faster than 1/2.

But options are there to get beter shots, cant get better shots is a result of the user not the camera. As usual.

Finally got some time to play with my OPO. Overall I liked the feel and performance. There seems to be a slight yellow tint, which does not seem to bother me. I hardly noticed it while using the phone. After reading all about this yellow tint, and trying to figure out whether my device has it, I have started seeing that effect in my older phone also :p. I expected better camera performance in Auto mode, but in low light conditions I suppose have to set controls manually to get better pictures. Other than that the phone suits my usage of regular phone functions + multimedia consumption on the go. 1080p rips played seamlessly in VLC. The temperature seems to be in 43-45 range while in non-gaming usage, and I didn't feel the heat while handling the phone.

Have added Nillkin frosted shield case for the time-being, and still looking for a good screen protector. Will possibly shift from my Lumia 520 to OPO in a week or so. Still getting used to the big size of the phone, but watching movies will be good on this one.

Sprint model. Unlocked for GSM use. Used but in like new condition.

If you can get me one at that, that'd be really really nice of you. Do let me know once you plan to get one. Keep me in loop.

Bought OPO for my sister. Yes it had that yellow tint issue. Had to return it back and she didn't like much over her G2. Only bought because of that 64gig thing. Back to G2 for now.

Review after one week of use

Display

_MG_9609.JPG

As a person upgrading from galaxy grand the the display look awesome the resolution and color reproduction is amazing. LCD is crystal clear and easy to read its a pleasure to see all those wallpapers in full HD resolution . For enjoying many apps i think you need a high resolution display even sms apps like textra looks cool on OPO . Although many people reported i dint find the dreaded yellow tint problem with my copy .Only one problem which i encountered with the screen is that it attracts fingerprints like a magnet. There are some screen protecting films which prevents this problem but i haven't tried them yet. I usually clean with a lint free cloth got with spectacles and its ok .
i would give 4/5 for the display
RFRQHxT4AYEpgRkzirHYkvQ4CtGUzpeOAbOsxrBmFGc=w1275-h851-no

interface and processing speed

The CM11 gives almost stock experience and its processor and ram gives it totally lag free experience. If some one says android phones are slow and laggy give them a OPO and they will never utter that words again .
it will smash any phone under under 30K . some default apps like sms app could have been better like the sms app Replace the text app with some thing like Textra and you will be fine . Snapdragon quad and 3GB ram what else you should ask for in 22K .

5/5

Call Quality and Sound Quality

call quality is Ok its not that great , its almost same as my galaxy grand but not as good as nokia 720 . media sound quality is not amazing.

3/5

_MG_9605.JPG

Looks and feel

Phone looks good from front side , the display is gorgeous , the backside is good to hold and gives a great grip but looks cheep , definitely not a premium look. Not a flagship killer in looks . I bought a OPO standard flip cover it somewhat hides the backside and looks better the best feature is that the phone gets locked by closing the flip cover and gets auto unlocked when you open the flip cover, its really cool . No unwanted calls going out when you keep the phone in pocket nore displaced icons and you don't have to press the side button to wake up the phone .

3/5

Great phone.
Can anyone please suggest an android keyboard which is similar to ios keyboard? The stock cm keyboard/google keyboard is kindaa laggy. I dont need word predictions,just basic spell check.
Also is anyone else finding copy/cut/select/paste options difficult?

hLRUGqH.jpg

Decided to visit official opo forums and got treated to some really funny threads:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back