Online Game Deals - Steam, Amazon, Origin, GOG, Humble Bundles

Just as there are re-mastered versions these days, I was wondering if there are official re-packed versions. Or any way of selectively downloading files that are stripped down versions. For instance, download mp3 audio files instead of lossless. But the responses indicate that developers consider compression (to the maximum extent possible) as largely unneeded.

So only "workaround" is to buy the game on Steam & simply torrent the ripped version from elsewhere, just so I feel satisfied that I purchased the game.

I must confess I'm a bit lost about what you said. I'm a noob when it comes to gaming & digital downloads, so the concept of missing files just went over my head. If you can elaborate, I'll be all ears.

Thanks for your time.

Well, steam usually "checks" the integrity of your games everytime you start Steam and/or the game. If steam thinks that you are missing a file or a file is corrupted/different than how it should be, it will start downloading that file and won't let you play the game till all files are downloaded.

I am not sure how steam does it, but if I had to guess, I would say it checks the checksum of all the files before launching the .exe of that game.

I hope they offer major discounts by that time.
Don't get your hopes up. After Steam introduced the new refund policy, they have stopped having steep discounts like they used to.
Not that I am complaining, I absolutely love Steam's refund policy.

^^ Wrong thread haha.

Visited GreenmanGaming after a long time. They used to be good back in the days, today I almost dropped my mouse looking at the prices.

9230e7cbdeb27cf3caa6879476fda9ae.png

Is this a joke? Who decides these prices??? Football Manager for 10,000!!!! Skyrim special edition for 9000!!

I have always been a great fan of Dirt series. Thanks for the info,got it free. Just waiting for the Steam sale and will get the entire package especially the Dirt rally.

Back