Options to get stuff shipped from China...Lets discuss

Same for stuff ordered on ebay from china to my apartment in BLR, yanwen/4px delivers to india in ~10 days.

Ebay won't ship everything tho, wanted to buy a new DSP pocket radio, for some reason ebay was blocking the checkout, and for the radio that's available on AliExpress for $70, had to pay $85 on amazon com to deliver to SOFU USA warehouse, and will have to pay ~₹2k more to get it here :hungover:.
I had started using eBay during the initial Covid period but the range has reduced significantly. Also, the sellers there mark things up by 20-40% compared to Aliexpress where the competition is cut-throat and sellers keep undercutting each other, as they are okay with earning few cents per order.

Still using any option is better than enriching the middlemen on Amazon.

Myself and few others folks from reddit have made a chat group on reddit as all of us are interested in Fake legos.
One of the guys there has made an order of fakes legos there from alibaba and total weight of all is 20 Kgs. He has connected with a shipper on alibaba who gave him under $100 quote for India shipping (customs our responsibility) via UPS which only takes max 10 days.
I will update everyone once his fake legos get shipped.

That guy has experience of ordering from another website (fake legos) and even 10 Kg packages but he has always under invoiced to $20 and always he only got duty on that $20 price. No reassessment of box happened (even if it was 10 kg). He mentioned that unless the package is flagged in xray screening, customs don't bother for UPS packages and customs is charged on the invoice value.

He did tell one thing though that avoid any electronics so he doesn't even order lego motors or battery boxes or led lightning and only orders sets without those so at the end the box has 10 Kg plastic bits (which is what lego is) and paper manuals.

@ raksrules
Myself and few others folks from reddit have made a chat group on reddit as all of us are interested in Fake legos.
One of the guys there has made an order of fakes legos there from alibaba and total weight of all is 20 Kgs. He has connected with a shipper on alibaba who gave him under $100 quote for India shipping (customs our responsibility) via UPS which only takes max 10 days.
I will update everyone once his fake legos get shipped.

That guy has experience of ordering from another website (fake legos) and even 10 Kg packages but he has always under invoiced to $20 and always he only got duty on that $20 price. No reassessment of box happened (even if it was 10 kg). He mentioned that unless the package is flagged in xray screening, customs don't bother for UPS packages and customs is charged on the invoice value.

He did tell one thing though that avoid any electronics so he doesn't even order lego motors or battery boxes or led lightning and only orders sets without those so at the end the box has 10 Kg plastic bits (which is what lego is) and paper manuals.
Maybe it works out for bigger shipments, not suited for smaller ones.
Do post the pictures of Fake Lego blocks on our Show-Off Thread please. Really droolworthy.

Their .in catalogue is limited. Do they also need freight forwarders ?

No, the price you pay in app is the final price inclusive of forwarding, customs and local delivery to your address.

A year ago, it would take two to three weeks from payment to delivery, these days it's around 10 days or less.

Screenshot_2024-10-10-13-31-55-219_com.banggood.client-edit.jpg

However, the app won't tell you if something is out of stock until a day after payment is made so some things might take longer to be delivered:

Screenshot_2024-10-10-13-35-01-920_com.banggood.client-edit.jpg

@ raksrules

Maybe it works out for bigger shipments, not suited for smaller ones.
Do post the pictures of Fake Lego blocks on our Show-Off Thread please. Really droolworthy.
I haven't ordered. Another guy has. Btw i asked same shipper for 5Kg and she quoted me around $35. But this doesn't mean 10 kg Wil be $70. It will be Little less.
Basically, higher the weight, less per kg the rate.

I haven't ordered. Another guy has. Btw i asked same shipper for 5Kg and she quoted me around $35. But this doesn't mean 10 kg Wil be $70. It will be Little less.
Basically, higher the weight, less per kg the rate.
5kg in $35? can you help share the details? i have some stationary items from china.

I will NOT.....and let me tell you why. Please wait few days. Because I want to make sure the other guy's 20 Kg package arrives properly. I don't want you to suffer if something goes south. So please do wait. I will update this thread and will tag you.
i understand, i was given the minimum $45 DDU for 5kg package via fedex.

i understand, i was given the minimum $45 DDU for 5kg package via fedex.
On alibaba? Did you happen to ask DDP rates? Also, I had once used a different freight forwarder from Delhi and got around 7.5 Kg shipped and I got 850 rupees per kg rate (rate applicable only above 5 Kg) and that was DDP. So without worrying about customs, I feel 850 was decent price.

On alibaba? Did you happen to ask DDP rates? Also, I had once used a different freight forwarder from Delhi and got around 7.5 Kg shipped and I got 850 rupees per kg rate (rate applicable only above 5 Kg) and that was DDP. So without worrying about customs, I feel 850 was decent price.
yes on alibaba. haven't got any ddp one. also i live in village, kinda difficult to have it shipped in my location.

yes on alibaba. haven't got any ddp one. also i live in village, kinda difficult to have it shipped in my location.

Why? Shipping to even village should not be an issue na? Are you saying if I wanted something, I cannot send it to you through bluedart / dtdc? They sure have local partners if by themselves they don't deliver.

For anyone else struggling to follow along:

DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) and DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) are terms related to international shipping and trade.

Here are the key differences:

DDP (Delivery Duty Paid): The seller is responsible for all aspects of shipping, including customs clearance and delivery. All duties and taxes are paid by the seller.

DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid): The seller is only responsible until the goods are unloaded at the port of destination. The buyer is responsible for duties and taxes upon arrival.

Why? Shipping to even village should not be an issue na? Are you saying if I wanted something, I cannot send it to you through bluedart / dtdc? They sure have local partners if by themselves they don't deliver.
fedex charge extra for remote location. other courier like yanwen works but was not available with forwarder.

I was trying to source lifepo4 cells for making an inverter battery back from alibaba. But no seller ships to india without agent. They ask for shipping agent.
And one shipping agent I got in touch asked for 15k per cbm for a 16k inverter. And the same gootu inverter seller could ship to india DDP for 35k. Same inverter is branded as musclegrid and sold for 65k in India.
I don't mind paying genuine import duty and tax with lower shipping fee for the cells.
Could anyone give advice for finding a cheap and genuine shipping agent?

Back