Package Holidays....where to look forward to ??

stalker said:
Photocopying currency?

Sounds a little fishy. I know for a fact that you aren't allowed to photocopy Indian currency.
Me too felt that way but they insisted so i had no option. I photocopied the TCs as well as currency notes.

I am still finding the entire process of getting the Thai visa from Mumbai a bit strange especially when they have visa on arrival for Indians. I mean even if they insist on you carrying in currency as proof of funds who is to say its actually YOUR currency. For all they know, one could have borrowed it from someone. I mean the entire thing doesn't make any sense to me. And why would they need the photocopies of the notes anyway. Would the immigration in Thailand check the serial nos of the currency notes that you're carrying with the ones on the photocopy???? I think they intended for everyone to carry TCs while traveling but were taken aback by all the loose forex floating around in India and hence had to apply the same rules to people bringing in forex as proof of funds.

^^ The advantage in applying here is no cost involved while when one takes a visa on arrival, one has to pay about 1400 rupees per visa application. You can say, i saved around 2800 rupees by applying the visa in India before hand.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^^ The advantage in applying here is no cost involved while when one takes a visa on arrival, one has to pay about 1400 rupees per visa application. You can say, i saved around 2800 rupees by applying the visa in India before hand.

^^ I get that and its always better to have a visa rather than go for Visa on arrival. I am talking about the process for applying the visa in Mumbai. Thats what I find strange.

agupta02 said:
I am still finding the entire process of getting the Thai visa from Mumbai a bit strange especially when they have visa on arrival for Indians. I mean even if they insist on you carrying in currency as proof of funds who is to say its actually YOUR currency. For all they know, one could have borrowed it from someone. I mean the entire thing doesn't make any sense to me. And why would they need the photocopies of the notes anyway. Would the immigration in Thailand check the serial nos of the currency notes that you're carrying with the ones on the photocopy???? I think they intended for everyone to carry TCs while traveling but were taken aback by all the loose forex floating around in India and hence had to apply the same rules to people bringing in forex as proof of funds.
its a strange rule but end of the day u cant bend so have to follow in order to get visa

Back