Package Holidays....where to look forward to ??

raksrules said:
^^ You did it from here or you travelled without any sort of Visa ?

If you check the following link there tourist visa exemption is not valid for India

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand

In the below link it is mentioned that for India it is Visa on arrival and will cost approx 1500 rupees.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand

So should i get the visa stuff done here or go there and get it done on arrival ?
you should probably call up the Thai consulate I guess.

^^ Get an iphone4 factory unlocked :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just a headsup for people wanting to book hotels online, i suggest doing it through hotels.com because of following reasons

1. They dont charge for cancellations. Except that few best non refundable rates are mentioned.

2. They have an India contact Number

3. Their rates are lowest from what i found. Dont go on rates shown directly, compute the final rates.

Ex: a hotel i check in Bangkok has a daily rate of 2571.74 and agoda lists the same for 2440 but final price after taxes on hotels.com is 8486.43 while on agoda it is over 9000 :O

4. Best price match guarantee - If from the date of booking to few days before your travel date you find a lower rate for same room, same date etc they will refund the difference.

PS: I am not advertising about them but just giving my opinion :p

Has anyone here applied for a Thai Visa from Mumbai ? How to go about and what all documents, pics etc is needed. Please direct me on this.

Also will the Visa on arrival be better or i should get the Visa formalities done here itself ?

Ok so go this info from Thai consulate website

# Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

# Visa Application Form completely filled out

# Two recent photographs of the applicant (3.5 X 4.5 cm)

# Instrument of means of transportation (Confirmed plane ticket, paid in full)

# Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person or 40,000 Baht per family)

# 500 USD endorsement needs to be done on the passport

# Applicants in addition to the above mentioned documents have to carry self attested photocopy of application form and all other originals

How to do the above marked in RED items ?

And most importantly how do i apply ? Do i need to go in person and do so ? Also is it necessary that both applicants (two in my case) have to be there ?

Moreover the following link says that there is no fees for tourist visa :O

Is it true ?

http://www.vfs-thailand.co.in/visafees.html

Apply for the Thai visas using VFS. There is no fees for the Thai tourist visa but VFS charges a nominal administrative fees I think. Details are here http://www.vfs-thailand.co.in/images/tourist.pdf . AFAIK, a copy of your credit card statement showing ample free limit should suffice. If you go for Visa on arrival though you would a. Be charged a fees for the visa and b. Would be spending time at the airport which could be best spent elsewhere, especially on your honeymoon ;)

BTW have you seen the new add from Air Asia, Delhi - BKK Rs.3500/- one way all incl :D. They are starting the services from 1st Dec. Don't know if they have started a similar connection from Mumbai as well. I tried for around the 23rd December and tkts ARE available at that rate. Kolkatta - BKK is even lower, Rs.1500. Looks like a trip to BKK for the wknd would become pretty normal now.

^^ But i see no application listing center in Mumbai :S

Does it mean that only option for me is to apply through courier ?

Also the photo requirement for Thai Visa is 3.5 x 4.5 cm which i suppose is normal passport size photo. Correct me if i am wrong ?

So if i go to a photo studio and get a borderless passport photo done, it should suffice ?

^^ ok so called the Thai consulate general in Mumbai and they told that visa fees is not there but an endorsement of 500 USD per person is required. For me, since i have a credit card statement i can show them but for my fiancee, she does not have a credit card statement and hence she will need the endorsement done on her passport. The consulate general lady told me that i will need to go to any forex exchange and they will do it and i need to purchase 500USD from the forex exchange.

Now my scenario is that i do have 500 USD (bit more) with me as of now so how do i get this endorsement done WITHOUT ACTUALLY BUYING the forex since i dont need to buy, i already have it. I guess this endorsement is just to show that i have enough cash to sustain in the visiting country.

Will a bank statement for her do ?

Well I don't think your wife needs to show USD500 of her own since you're sponsoring her for the entire trip. I think you must have failed to mention that to the lady. I've made a couple more trip to Thailand after my honeymoon and we just used my credit card statements to get visas for the both of us. Never have we been asked to get a USD500 endorsement on the passport.

I don't think any forex dealer will endorse your passport w/o actually buying the notes unless you know him personally.

Dude, a Thai visa is one of the easiest Visas to get, "everyone" gets it.

^^ Yes but you see in current scenario i am not yet married so wont it be like i am getting two individual visas ?

Because legally she is not yet my wife thats why :S

Moreover my credit card has a credit limit of 41000 which is less than 1000 USD, so wont that pose a problem since the requirement is 1000 USD per family

Ok so again talked to the lady at Mumbai consulate general and she told me to get amount equivalent in euros/dollars upto 500 USD per person / 300 euro per person and then i don't need any sort of endorsement thing on passport. Other than that i will need to submit all other documents and photographs.

Anyone knows any place in Mumbai where i can get USD currency in lieu of travelers cheques (they too are in USD) ?

Well you can actually sponsor anyone even if they are not related to you. All the government is concerned about is who is going to taking over the financial responsibility. Plus Fiance relationships are widely recognized for visa related issues all over the world. But if your CC has a limit of only 41k, then you really can't use it as a proof of funds. How are you planning to do your spends over there?

Are the Tcs issued in your name? You can get TCs converted to currency from the person/bank who issued them to you.

^^ Well they are American Express TCs issued to me in March 2009 and AFAIK they never expire. But i have few hundred euros too which i plan to first show to these consulate people for the evidence stuff and then convert those before my travel to Thai currency. I have sufficient amount in euros and dollars to convert and wont need any INR to THB conversion.

But i wanted to get rid of the traveller's cheques and convert them to USD notes for easy transactions later.

Yes the TCs are in my name but as i said i dont want INR from the USD TCs but need USDs only, moreover at the current dollar rate it is really not worth converting USD to INR.

raksrules said:
^^ Well they are American Express TCs issued to me in March 2009 and AFAIK they never expire.
They do not, i recently encashed some Amex TC's at a PSB here that were bought abroad over 15 years ago.

Back