Petrols prices rant/rave thread

So, I guess I have to wait till August to buy PC.
FKRS!
ANGRYFACEPALM.png

The government depends on us. I thought they would put a century(100) in near future.
Time to clean up my old cycle and some xtra oil.

Ps. Atleast they didn't jacked up the diesel price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just yesterday they were harping on all their pro people policies in the 3 years of this government. Oh the irony.

They had no guts, they should have increased both prices, not just petrol, then it could have been more balanced.

They will realize their idiocy soon enough. Sale of petrol cars will keep dwindling and would ultimately become so low that an increase in petrol prices would not be sufficient for filling the losses on diesel. Then they would have to increase diesel prices in such installments.

They had no guts, they should have increased both prices, not just petrol, then it could have been more balanced.

If so, then most cars are parked inside the garage, LOL.
see, there is nothing about guts. It's all about our Indian government.
Nothing we can change unless we make change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Atleast they didn't jacked up the diesel price.
Then they would have to increase diesel prices in such installments.

Those shall never go up Sire, considering that the entire aam aadmi sector; consisting exclusively of farmers, truckers, Rail yatri and the ubiquitous political rally supporter who brings their entire clan in TATA Sumo's, Scorpio's and other baadi aam gadiya to the rally are all dependent on the same fuel -- D-jal.

We affluent few, who [OR whose parent can] earn enough to sustain our bourgeois lifestyle roving around in petrol cars can sadly not cling onto the luxury of protesting this as we willingly partake everything we earn in the form of Income TAX, VAT, Servic TAX, OCTROI, expressway tolls and... yeh list toh chalta rehta hai [keep appending your favourite TAXES to the list].

Just my point of view(s), no offence meant. Cheerio!!

This will never happen. We will not reform our tax system. We will keep doling out useless subsidies. This is what they said in the 80s before completely ruining the economy.

The way fiscal imbalance is growing and the rupee continuing its spectacular run, the government will soon run out of options. Then it won't matter whether they want to do so or not.

They are creating so much dead weight loss by taxing then subsidizing then taxing the same product that it would be much more efficient to just decontrol it and distribute the subsidies as cash.

Even us "rich people" have only so much disposable incomes, this increase in fuel spending will only be compensated by depressing spending in other sectors and consequently reducing the government multiplier and the power it has over the economy.

Instead of investing in real estate or mutual fund or gold , Investing in petrol seems like a really good idea at this time. Stupid FKRS.
I have a gut feeling diesel cars going to attract some serious sh!t in next budget... The UPA will try a hand to slightly deregulate or increase diesel fuel price for cars alone....

No choice but to bring in BJP led NDA next time :(
Congress has gone nuts.
I did fill up this afternoon but I fill up the tank every week so :'(

Such a steep hike is too bad..now every other party will ask for rollback and the govt may agree for 1 rupee rollback (hopefully)

I do have a gut feeling that diesel cars will bear the govt's wrath in the next budget..I feel that some kind of tax or something on diesel SUVs is needed.

Nothing will come out of opening the rant threads on forums.
We as more educated and tech savy people should use whatever tools available to make efforts to improve the situation. Steps taken might not help the issue directly but certainly venting this anger in a productive manner will definitely be more satisfactory.

Read in the newspaper that everytime the Rupee slips Vs dollar by 1, the Govt has to foot 8000 cr for the subsidy bill.

Now in the wake of ^^ news, first question i would rather ask for the sake of auterity measures :
Why not stop moves like MCD employees asking for Latest Laptops for doing official work.

i) They are computer illetrate a 100pc, vis a vis the need for latest laptops rant. Make public the model and price of the machines intended/provided.
ii) They have been provided laptops in 2007 and those will be discarded. Def idiotic move. We use old laptops perfectly fine with battery replacement.. these babus need more processing power for an MS office application..?
iii) Get the free laptop receiver's comp literacy checked over a span of every 6-8 months to see what he is doing with the machine.
iv) Retrieve the machines at the end of tenure and ensure they dont gobble it up.

I am not facebook savy, else i would have opened a series of FB pages asking such questions directly. If anything, i ll participate in discussions there b4 i call it a day so that they are publicly visible. Raising the right questions via the right medium will always be more logical and hopeful than be bickering here like an average passive Indian.

We can have other pages about politicians as well, but we all know that ll irk them soon and they ll again have their say with internet control. Organization like MCD wont be able to do anything and that ll pave way for other such measures as well.
I request any TE member to pls open such a page, with a good/caustic name.. yet something to draw attention of the media houses as well as the other FB users as well.

Back