PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

I mean your putty config should be

1) Your ip address : 192.168.1.xxx(xxx is the assigned address by your router to the pogoplug, if you are not sure check it from your router dhcp client list through 192.168.1.1)
2) Port : 22
3) Connection type : SSH

Did you enabled ssh in the pogoplug setting like varkey said

ebay.com + SNS wouldn't be cheaper ?

23USD is listing price, which is roughly around 1250 + 500 shipping & how much customs ? But it will still less than iBhejo which is selling at 2250 approx

Also why this pink model is costly, is B01 better than P21 ?

Damn there are so many models I am having difficulty to understand the differences & advantages over one another

@avi : Just get a Pogoplug P21 from iBhejo with the Rs 500 off coupon for Rs 1750. No other option will beat that price as of now.

And SnS? Don't bother. The package will be above 500 grams, so shipping alone is more than Rs 1000 plus customs.

- - - Updated - - -

And I would buy a P21 anyday not the crippled Pogoplug Mobile.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, all cross checked.

A screenshot of a Putty screen maybe? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
avi : Just get a Pogoplug P21 from iBhejo with the Rs 500 off coupon for Rs 1750. No other option will beat that price as of now.

And SnS? Don't bother. The package will be above 500 grams, so shipping alone is more than Rs 1000 plus customs.

- - - Updated - - -

And I would buy a P21 anyday not the crippled Pogoplug Mobile.
I received coupon from iBhejo which requires min purchase of 3k :( You have coupon for Pogoplug ?

^^ stuck at customizing your pogoplug page..refer Customising your Pogoplug | Aaron Randall

Unable to login into SSH

- - - Updated - - -

^^ stuck at customizing your pogoplug page..refer Customising your Pogoplug | Aaron Randall

Unable to login into SSH

Are you sure you did not click the Change Password button when enabling ssh at my.pogoplug.com?

If you did, that would explain why you are getting the Access Denied message with the default root password of ceadmin. I had changed the default root password at my.pogoplug.com too and ceadmin would not work as the password for root on the device, post the change. Luckily I remember what the changed root password was and have now written it down.

Try and remember if you clicked the Change Password button on my.pogoplug.com site and if you indeed did that would then be the root password on your device.

enable-ssh.jpg

If you can't remember and seeing as your device is still running the stock OS, you can connect your device to the internet, logon to my.pogoplug.com and try changing the default root password on your Pogoplug at my.pogoplug.com. Hopefully my.pogoplug.com will let you reset the password without asking for the old password.

If you haven't done anything to your plug as yet and it looks that way since you can't logon as yet, you can try contacting Pogoplug support and asking them how to reset a forgotten root password. That should then enable you to get going with configuring the device. Don't tell them anything about hacking your plug and so on, even though I don't think they would care either way, just say you may have changed your password via the web interface at my.pogoplug.com and can't remember it and now can't ssh in. See if you can persuade them to help you out since you are still on the stock OS.

- - - Updated - - -

I received coupon from iBhejo which requires min purchase of 3k :( You have coupon for Pogoplug ?

ibhejo is still giving away two Rs. 500 off coupons on each new account at their site. Contact them over the phone and see if they can give you a coupon for Rs. 500 off for use on existing accounts or just create a new account and you should automatically get the two Rs. 500 off coupons on your registered e-mail address.

^I did receive the coupon, but it requires minimum purchase of 3000 :(

Was your account a new one or an existing account? I got two Rs. 500 off coupons on creating a new account about 10 to 15 days ago at ibhejo and grabbed a Pogoplug E02 for about Rs 1700 odd after the discount. Don't know if ibhejo have now added a minimum purchase of Rs. 3000 to use the coupons even on new accounts. Call and see if they'll waive the min. purchase requirement.

You can also check to see if someone else also wants to buy a Pogoplug E02 and club your purchases to take advantage of the coupon. Of course it will then only be Rs. 250 off for each of you, but then what else can you do?

**** man sell your pogo

- - - Updated - - -

@jsmithe
If you want to try go for rtorrent its the best in finding peers gives you best speed and no performance hit at all check below it finds peers which even deluge cant find.

KKceMmV.jpg
How did you set up the front end for the rtorrent .Are you using inbuilt front end in rtorrent or did you installed rutorrent front end

.... Don't know if ibhejo have now added a minimum purchase of Rs. 3000 to use the coupons even on new accounts. .....

Yes it was changed recently I guess, cause I signed up for a new account yesterday and the coupon had a min purchase of Rs 3000.

Back