PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

login as: root
root@192.168.0.104's password:
Access denied
root@192.168.0.104's password:

If I recall correctly, there is some setting at pogoplug.com when you activate and enable ssh that prompts you to change your password (the website UI does not indicate it is the root password). If you did change your password at pogoplug.com that would be the password for the root logon.

I was tempted to go the Aaron Randall way and only add transmission to the stock Pogoplug software, but instead just went ahead and installed arch. Man, has it been worth it, this is a sweet little device with arch.

The arch install is not all that difficult too, as long as you carefully follow instructions on the arch wiki.

- - - Updated - - -

On a separate but related note, a question with regard to transmission and deluge. A quick Google search indicates transmission does not have a setting to limit the number of concurrent downloads nor does the web ui for transmission on arch have anything for this. Is this correct or is there some hidden setting I haven't as yet found?

Thinking of going with deluge instead since it apparently has a web ui and the ability to limit the number of concurrent downloads. Is there anything I should beware of as regards deluge?

- - - Updated - - -

^ still saying Access Denied

- - - Updated - - -

I shall put this in giveaway thread :annoyed:

Really?? I'll be glad to take it off your hands. :)

**** man sell your pogo

- - - Updated - - -

@jsmithe
If you want to try go for rtorrent its the best in finding peers gives you best speed and no performance hit at all check below it finds peers which even deluge cant find.

KKceMmV.jpg

I want to configure Mediatomb and Transmission to be started at boot

This does not work
Code:
systemctl enable mediatomb

Any other method for it

I am thinking to buy Pogoplug & it is my first download rig. Currently I have Dell XPS which has 135W AC adaptor & I keep it always on to download & it is my main usage laptop too. So if I go with Pogoplug will I be saving significant amount of money with electricity bills ?

1. My budget is not more than 3k, so I guess only basic model Pogoplug comes in my budget. Is ebay.com cheaper currently? ebay.in also has few listings, but price seems high( this or this ). ebay.com listing less than official price & also with worldwide shipping !
2. I know very basic linux commands, but not advanced. Would that be fine ?
3. For initial setup, I have Mountain Lion or I need Windows 7 ?
4. Can I monitor my device with iPhone 4 ? [add, delete torrents] ? [like install uTorrent & use its web ui remotely]
5. This is very important. I don't have an UPS, so will there be problem like data corruption with power outages ? Or do I strictly need UPS ?
6. Power outages are very common in my city. So it will resume itself when power comes back right ? [I guess yes, but still]

Lastly, if anyone here wants to sell, PM me ;-)

I just need something to make my USB hard disk available on the network so that I can save and play stuff onto it using only windows explorer or some android app if required ( for my phone)
will the stock pogoplug do ? or do I need to mod it ?

I just need something to make my USB hard disk available on the network so that I can save and play stuff onto it using only windows explorer or some android app if required ( for my phone)
will the stock pogoplug do ? or do I need to mod it ?

Stock firmware with slight modification ie you need to install Samba -- Installing Samba on the Pogoplug | Aaron Randall

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking to buy Pogoplug & it is my first download rig. Currently I have Dell XPS which has 135W AC adaptor & I keep it always on to download & it is my main usage laptop too. So if I go with Pogoplug will I be saving significant amount of money with electricity bills ?

1. My budget is not more than 3k, so I guess only basic model Pogoplug comes in my budget. Is ebay.com cheaper currently? ebay.in also has few listings, but price seems high( this or this ). ebay.com listing less than official price & also with worldwide shipping !
2. I know very basic linux commands, but not advanced. Would that be fine ?
3. For initial setup, I have Mountain Lion or I need Windows 7 ?
4. Can I monitor my device with iPhone 4 ? [add, delete torrents] ? [like install uTorrent & use its web ui remotely]
5. This is very important. I don't have an UPS, so will there be problem like data corruption with power outages ? Or do I strictly need UPS ?
6. Power outages are very common in my city. So it will resume itself when power comes back right ? [I guess yes, but still]

Lastly, if anyone here wants to sell, PM me ;-)

Using a 135W adapter doesn't mean the device consumes 135W all the time. It will use only what's required.

1. Check iBhejo or get it through iShopInternational
2. As long as you can read and follow instructions and can search you should be fine -- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
3. You can even set it up from a tablet, all that you need is a SSH client, be it any OS.
4. Yes, not sure if the app is free but you can always use WebUI too.
5. Not necessary
6. Yes, if you set it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, can I do all of the above with Pogoplug POGO-P21? Are Pro and this the same? <noob>

You won't find a Pro for cheap anyway.

But I like the P21 or E02 as its Kirkwood based.

I want to configure Mediatomb and Transmission to be started at boot

This does not work
Code:
systemctl enable mediatomb

Any other method for it
Pls pls whenever you say its not working mention why its not working

Create this file and then run systemctl

Code:
[Unit]
Description=MediaTomb Daemon
After=mysql.target network.target

[Service]
EnvironmentFile=/etc/conf.d/mediatomb
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mediatomb --config $MEDIATOMB_CONFIG  --user $MEDIATOMB_USER --group $MEDIATOMB_GROUP $MEDIATOMB_OPTIONS
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Using a 135W adapter doesn't mean the device consumes 135W all the time. It will use only what's required.

1. Check iBhejo or get it through iShopInternational
2. As long as you can read and follow instructions and can search you should be fine -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
3. You can even set it up from a tablet, all that you need is a SSH client, be it any OS.
4. Yes, not sure if the app is free but you can always use WebUI too.
5. Not necessary
6. Yes, if you set it that way
Thank you for replying.

So there will be some savings with electricity bill or not ?

and which model to choose ? Pogo P21 or Pogo v4 a1 ?

:ashamed: I thought people go with download rigs to save electricity bills

If that's not right, then what's the main reason you guys have a separate download rig ?

Quote , reading problem ?

Code:
[COLOR=#111111]
[COLOR=#111111]Using a 135W adapter doesn't mean the device consumes 135W all the time. It will use only what's required.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

I would appreciate if you stop quoting the same thing & tell me why, obviously I am missing some point here

varkey , dinjo , Nalin

Guys I give up, I have miserably failed to use V4 A-1 for torrent purpose, Please can anyone of you make it "download ready" for me ?

If required I can even ship this item to you home (to and fro).

Anyone in Pune, can help with it ?

Back