PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

Thanks i successfully installed webmin,

but whenever i try to do a system upgrade from webmin ui it says ...

Output from pacman -Syu --noconfirm ..
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.archlinuxarm.org : Connection time-outerror: failed to update core (download library error):: Synchronizing package databases... extra is up to date community is up to date alarm is up to date aur is up to date:: Starting full system upgrade... there is nothing to do

i mean why it can't update core.db everytime :23:

At my Place, Load shedding takes place, light goes randomly. not that much, sometimes just an fluctutation.

Does pogoplus has auto resume facilty, as i dont have power backup, or any internet disconnection.

As, In asus rt13u b1, After a power cut, I usually noticed that it cant resume download by itself.
Many a times mounting issues. I need to reformat drive to get it mounted.

I only need 24/7 Download Device Rigid, Autoresume after a power cut or any internet probem. Senoirs please help.

Ok now i have resolved all the update core.db errors related issues ,also installed deluge and configured to download torrents so that completes my main motto of getting pogoplug.
I would like to say thanks to manu1991 varkey and dinjo for your help and suggestions guys :)

I was tinkering with samba last night but somehow it does not work until now hope i will figure it our soon

Deluge is not recommended , transmission works best

Actually i tried transmission first but it is giving 404 stating rpc whitelist error ,but deluge is working fine

Anyways will try to configure transmission again

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it says something like this

[h=1]403: Forbidden[/h]Unauthorized IP Address.
Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.
If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.
If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

Actually i tried transmission first but it is giving 404 stating rpc whitelist error ,but deluge is working fine

Anyways will try to configure transmission again
Just edit your settings.json file. I guess there's a "rpc-whitelist-enabled": true setting, just change it to false.

Epic Burn !!

#ubergeek : Do you mean transfer of files from pogo to your PC ?

Fire up winscp, punch your pogo ip , port 22 , user/pass = root/root ; change protocol to scp and click on login. Now , winscp will open, on right panel is your pogo root folder, go to /root/home/torrent/Diwnloads here u will find your dwnldd files. Just pick and transfer on left panel-ur PC panel

It will be much better to install samba as per archlin guide, via samba you can just open pogo Dwnld files and watch them on your pc

Thanks for the winscp guide , really helped a lot as i can't figure out samba configuration . When i open //192.168.*.*/ in run it asks for the user id and password but there isn't any option in samba webmin client to setup the new user.

Using deluge as the default torrent client as transmission is still 403 even after the edit of config file. The usability is increasing day by day as i am learning more about linux and its seamless possibilities :p

Are you editing your transmission settings while transmission is running? Because in that case, it just reverts back to its old settings. First stop transmission, then edit the settings.json file.

manu1991 : No first i stop transmission by using

/etc/rc.d/transmissiond stop

Then i use nano /root/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json to edit "rpc-whitelist-enabled": true and change it to false

But it is still giving 403 ,i even tried Transmission Remote GUI but it also denies the connection :(

Are you using Archlinux ARM, the current version uses systemD, no matter what you do, it will not help, you have to configure it this way https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Transmission

If you use systemd, you have to override the user in both the service file (/usr/lib/systemd/system/transmissiond.service) and the tmpfile (/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/transmission.conf). To do so, copy both files to the appropriate directory in /etc:

Are you using Archlinux ARM, the current version uses systemD, no matter what you do, it will not help, you have to configure it this way https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Transmission

If you use systemd, you have to override the user in both the service file (/usr/lib/systemd/system/transmissiond.service) and the tmpfile (/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/transmission.conf). To do so, copy both files to the appropriate directory in /etc:

Thanks for the heads up, followed the steps mentioned in that page and now transmission works like a charm after the first attempt itself :)

Old guide is not working after trying like 40-50 times in last 3 days ..

Thanks for the heads up, followed the steps mentioned in that page and now transmission works like a charm after the first attempt itself :)

Old guide is not working after trying like 40-50 times in last 3 days ..

Hi,

I was thinking of turning my old C2D PC into server but then found out that an new motherboard(old one went kaput) costs around 2.3k
Then I turned to pogo plug, having heard it mentioned on TE many times, decided to give it a look and found out it suits my needs perfectly, though I have some questions about it

1-How do I buy besides ICC? If theres no other way is this site good which I found- POGOPLUG P21
2-It runs Arch linux so can it support a USENET client like Sabnzbd+, this ones important because I primarily download through it rather than torrent
3-Also can it run a basic FTP server ie vFTP
varkey dinjo
I know you guys are tagged numerous time so sorry but if I get confirmation from you on above questions I will order it right away

Update: I will be buying through eBay Global Buy

I found the following two models
http://geb.ebay.in/g/Pogoplug-Multimedia-Connector-Black-POGO-P21?itemid=330758033551 (POGO-P21)
http://geb.ebay.in/g/Pogoplug-Media-Sharing-Device-Black?itemid=350658043916 (POGO-E02?)

Looking at features I think the P21 is better
Which one should I get?
Difference between two and which one is new out of them?

i am using a TPLINK modem , TL-WR740N . Pogoplug is connected on the LAN port of router and my lappy is connected through wifi . whenever i start transmission on pogoplug , accessing the modem page , or doing ssh into pogoplug is very slow . it takes around 10-15 sec to register a key from keyboard in putty . if transmission/deluge is not running i can access modem page / ssh normally .

Back