PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

^ You can simply use Samba to access the files from windows over the network. There is no need to even WinSCP the files.

varkey

I'm stucked where i can't ssh or telnet since i by mistake installed the crypto modules which were supposed for Kirkwood and I have Pro Black.

I have a old build of Archlinux 2.6 Kernel and i dont know where to get the tarball since the new one are posted on there site also how do i update after i extract the tarball again since its conflicting i posted on archlinux arm forum but the developer has a big attitude and he is not ready to help i didn't wanted to move ahead since many tried with his cryptic instruction and ended up using serial to revive the pogo.

I can access the data using samba and transmission everything is working but shell access is disabled

^ You can simply use Samba to access the files from windows over the network. There is no need to even WinSCP the files.

DOOD for that i have to install samba in the pogo plug rite? iam not even able to SSH in to the plug :(

Is there a way to map the pogo plug as network drive without installing samba in it?

install ext2fsd ext file format support in windows and copy paste what file you want to the usb drive from windows explorer. no need of samba or anything.
you can browse all linux files with this easily from windows.

install ext2fsd ext file format support in windows and copy paste what file you want to the usb drive from windows explorer. no need of samba or anything.
you can browse all linux files with this easily from windows.

I did that already :p installed it this morning but i need elevated priveleges in windows 8 inorder to get it working properly will do that as soon as i get home i dont want to remove the pen drive every time to copy the files and most importantly i want to shutdown my pogo plug before switching it off

@dinjo : Can't you just replace the rootfs with the latest one available on their site? You would just need to extract the files to the hard disk or pendrive I guess.
@ubergeek : If you are able to SSH from linux, its definitely something specific to your windows installation. Try to SSH in using putty from another windows pc? Or if you have access to SSH from linux, you can setup samba from there and access the files as a windows network share.

Last edited by a moderator:
was the ssh port in sshd config (like allow root access = true) changed by any chance? i once faced a problem when i changed ssh port from 22 to 22000 after reading some guide on web :p
i just changed it back from windows again when i couldn't log in anymore.

i want to shutdown my pogo plug before switching it off
make a cron job. i made a simple one for my pogo running on debian. it shuts down properly and automatically & even shuts off connected usb disk.
Code:
crontab -e
#to shutdown machine everyday at 8:00am
00 8 * * * /sbin/shutdown -h -t 10 now

@6pack @varkey @manu1991

Everything is fine now :) i used the wrong portnumber :ashamed: while loggin in through SSH/Winscp

iam planning to set up samba in my pogo plug i have one query though after installing samba i can map my plug as a network drive in any OS rite?

@varkey
No i can't since the tarball there is of 3.1 Kernel so i cannot use it currently i'm on 2.6

That would be my last option.

Do you know by any chance we can get latest version of transmission for debian ? The reason i didn't moved to debian is lack of newer packages
@varkey - Is there a 3.1 debian kernel available ?

@varkey tried with debian tarball change the mac address but its not booting , it works well with older arch linux

Has anyone here got FlexGet working?

I tried it today but on running it gives this error

Code:
[root@alarm torrent]# flexget --checkTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/flexget", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2807, in <module>
    working_set.require(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 690, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 588, in resolve
    raise DistributionNotFound(req)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: beautifulsoup4>=4.1,<4.2

Googling shows that maybe its a python old version incompatibility. I removed both packages using pacman -R and then installed them, still I get this error.

Back