PORTAL 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: The Official "Portal 2 " Thread

wooot!! Placed my order with flipkart!! Cant wait... Now I just have to finish AC: Brohood before this comes...

pretttt said:
wooot!! Placed my order with flipkart!! Cant wait... Now I just have to finish AC: Brohood before this comes...
mee to bro just finished the sp campaign in acb now playing the dlc the davin ci disappearence have to finish it before getting portal 2 :D no space in my HD :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kvikram said:
Any chance the price will decrease further?
naa i dont think so btw kivkiram i dont see you on my friends list can you gimme your steam id?

ubergeek said:
naa i dont think so btw kivkiram i dont see you on my friends list can you gimme your steam id?

My steam id is Strider7. I can't find you when I search for magnablast. Dunno why.

Aman27deep said:
Not for the next 2-3 years (in retail). Though steam sale could bring this price down to anything under 10$.
That's that then. Placed my preorder!

kvikram said:
My steam id is Strider7. I can't find you when I search for magnablast. Dunno why.

That's that then. Placed my preorder!
dude i just added you my name on steam is [TGP]Virtual Oddity :D

Added you ubergeek!

However I don't think I'll be able to play co-op with anyone right on the game's release. My present computer is really old and is incapable of running Portal 2 (GeForce 8500GT). I'll have to wait till the first week of May for my new Dell (HD 5870) to ship. :(

one noob question: which one is steam id? the one with which you login or the one which shows up while playing? :ashamed:

^steam id is the login id.. The display name can be anything. You can change display name whenever you want.

AFAIK: The display name can be anything but that is what counts when adding friends. You can have multiple friends with the same display name. Therefore when adding friends you have to give the display name. Uniqueness of the display name (though it can be anything) will help avoid confusion when adding friends.

So the game releases today and not on Tuesday? Or is it that those who preordered it gets it today?

Gannu said:
So the game releases today and not on Tuesday? Or is it that those who preordered it gets it today?
isnt the release date Tuesday, 19th April? That is what I remember reading.

Ethan_Hunt said:
So this has co-op campaign? What genre does this game belong to?
Damn it Allwyn! You haven't Portal? :O

It's primarily a puzzle based platforming game. Plain awesome!

Watch this:

[youtube]M1aBG_6AObU[/youtube]

Go play it! NAOW!

dinjo said:
Puzzle, Plat former

@Gannu

This countdown has lead to many different thoughts they did hinted on early release

http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/

EDIT- I myself haven't played Portal 1 since that was the time i left gaming
Yeah my colleague sent me that countdown as well, asking me the release date. I had no clue since my assumption was this Tuesday. Will know shortly I guess.

Back