OC & Modding Post your Intel Core 2 Duo overclocks here

Re: Post Your Core 2 Duo Overclocks Here

no no....now I dont blame you for being impatient....this RAM is also very good..... DDR900 is still a remarkable achievement !!!

regenade2 said:
Well.....after almost 2 long days I figured out my new C2D setup....I am a noob

This was the max I could go with my Transcend DDR2 667 Mhz RAM.Its seriously RAM limited as the chip seems to be capable of much higher speeds.

VDimm- 2.1V
VCore- 1.30V
Other voltages left to AUTO
EIST & C1E Disabled.

A lesser than 1:1 divider would have been very useful ...but seems that no P965 mobo has that till now :(

Cool. 470FSB is nice. How much vMCH

hi everyone i m totally newbie in overclocking but thanks to aditya i manged to get 3G out of my E6600 and the fsb is set to 335 now and the multiplier is set to 9

now someone could help me in overclocking the ram i think the ram frequency should be double of fsb but i have left it set to auto as yesteday i tried to set it to 800+ at 335 fsb and was unable to boot and also the ram timings are very loose 5-6-6-18

See agent_47's siggie.....he's having a P5B Dlx WiFi-Ap.

Should I guess he should be able to OC at least to 3.6Ghz(less than 400 FSB has issues in P5b dlx...at least for me......350~400.....doesn't work well)

So agent_47 better jump fsb to 400 & put ram in DDR2 800(1:1). Give Memory voltage at 2.1V...other voltages can be kept to auto.Disable EIST & C1E.

ok will try that out and btw the cpu temp are 45 at idle
and is it safe to increase the ram voltage should i decrease the multiplier or go with 9 as i dont want any trouble and heat issues as i plan to stay on air cooling

regenade2 said:
See agent_47's siggie.....he's having a P5B Dlx WiFi-Ap.
Should I guess he should be able to OC at least to 3.6Ghz(less than 400 FSB has issues in P5b dlx...at least for me......350~400.....doesn't work well)

So agent_47 better jump fsb to 400 & put ram in DDR2 800(1:1). Give Memory voltage at 2.1V...other voltages can be kept to auto.Disable EIST & C1E.

Oops didnt notice that :ashamed: .

hi i jumped to 401 fsb and mrmory voltage is set to 2.1 volts and the multiplier is set to 8 and everything is fine

now should i go for 9 multiplier or stick with 8 i dont want any troubles and would stay on air cooling the idle temp are stuck at 47 now

the idle temp have increased by 2 degrees as it was 45 earlier on now it is 47

i cant understand the cause of it but thing i changed are

1)increased fsb form 350-401
2)increased memory voltage from auto to 2.1v
3)decreased the multiplier

i chnged these settings now could u enlighten me by telling which setting caused the temp rise

Your Mobo FSB is high now... So temps are bound to increse as chipset is getting hot...

are those idle temp ok or will cause any trouble so by increasing the multiplier the temp wont increase

Ofcourse.

Depends which 1 though. Not just any Heatsink.

Let us know ur budget, and well help you choose :).

around 1.5-2k(will spend more if decrease in temp is considerable)currently i have switched backed to 350 fsb and memory voltage on auto and memory frequency to 700mhz as the temp were incresing it reached 63 degrees

my latest OC of CPU from 330x7 to 334.5x7 & Ram from 332.8 to 333.7 (4-4-4-12)

the result sub 29s

Even with the new BIOS, you are not able to do much ??

And do check for PRime stability....

Back