OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

tried 4 different bios.
510 general
510 tccd
510 UTT
623 official.
Sticking with 623 for now as its giving me best stability with oc.
ANd it all boils down to memory. DFI is not liking twinmos or even Hynix as much. It works without problems but i am unable to clock my memory as high as i managed on A8N SLI.
It means either i am yet to hit sweet sopt in memory settings or DFI dosent get along with these memories.
Maybe DFI owners tell me what exact memory settings they used with your RAM on this board.
I will keep trying too.

Quad Master said:
Darky did gr8 with his D43 on his DFI like 270Mhz [correct me if i am wrong]
donno how he does this.
Well stability will be suspect with hynix. If you are lucky, it might work ;). My board doesnt even boot at stock with hynix :(

Chaos said:
DFI NF3/NF4 + Hynix = trouble! Its plastered all over dfi-street.
What he said !

And funky, Be Very Careful if you're planning to flash to 623-3 bios. Eva - the person who wrote the DFI OC article - apparently would have nearly lost the board if it weren't for the bios savior. There is a sticky out there on this. Of course, that might have been an isolated incident since many people have also had luck with that bios; but I have chosen to stay away from it especially after I nearly killed my own processor with 704 :p . So, YMMV.

ya read about that 623-3 its better to stay away from it.

Also experienced dfi users can u tell me which is the best bios for
DFI Ultra-D + Venice + Hynix D43 [just asking for knowledge purpose]

Lets see. I am gona work on it more.
I am able to go to 240 on hynix without problems at 3V.
I will norrow my cousine's TCC5 for a day or two to see how it goes.

Have finally decided to invest in the good memory which i was not ready to do until i put this DFI in my system.

What do you guys say about PDP PDC1G3200+XBLK PC3200 and Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000.
Planning to get one of these two.
Dont wana really go for any OCZ UTT. The heat those sticks generate is too much to my liking. but i am keeping that option open too.

funkymonkey said:
Lets see. I am gona work on it more.
I am able to go to 240 on hynix without problems at 3V.
I will norrow my cousine's TCC5 for a day or two to see how it goes.

Have finally decided to invest in the good memory which i was not ready to do until i put this DFI in my system.

What do you guys say about PDP PDC1G3200+XBLK PC3200 and Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000.
Planning to get one of these two.
Dont wana really go for any OCZ UTT. The heat those sticks generate is too much to my liking. but i am keeping that option open too.
Between those... its ballistix any day :). If u have enuf cash, get 1GB*2 PC4000 ballistix! Else if u want 2gigs, crucial value is also a nice choice. Most of them will reach 250 that the ballistix is guaranteed to run at. My stick hit a max of 280 @2.9V. These are cheap at 105$ a gig and great value for money.

Edit: didnt read the heat part earlier... ballistix runs pretty hot as well. Not quite in the winbond territory but hot nonetheless. its best if u put a low rpm 80mm fan on top of the ram.

i also touched 270 with mine KVR ..... with only 2.85 volts ... i tested that for 4 hours on memtest .... it was very stable ..... but thing was mine processor craps out after 260 so i have to use lower multipliers ....

rahul said:
i also touched 270 with mine KVR ..... with only 2.85 volts ... i tested that for 4 hours on memtest .... it was very stable ..... but thing was mine processor craps out after 260 so i have to use lower multipliers ....
512MB sticks are easy to do... 1G sticks with 64mb chips are a pain to overclock! Right now there are only two ics that are high density and overclock nicely... micron -5BD and Infineon BE-5. The ballistix based on the micron have already touched 300MHz... thats tccX territory albeit at cl 3 instead of cl 2.5 (however with trcd of 3 instead of 4 thats more common in tccX). Thats plain stupendous for such high density ICs. The infineons touch around 250 @ 2.5-3-3. Simply put, ever since BF2 has been around, ppl have been looking at 1G modules instead of 512 as most new games cant seem to do too well with 1G of memory.

Thats where the problem lies.
Most people at DFI street or XS havent ever put the D43 on DFI. So no base ground there. They have access to TCCX and UTT chips easily and almost everyone who get DFI get the good ram too.
So you cant really depend on those guys to give us feedback on our unique situation ;)
But from what i have seen till now all my D43 sticks worked just fine.
If your pc does not boot with 2 sticks in dual channel then boot with 1 stick in top yellow channel.
Setup the memory settings close to ideal setting and then put the 2nd stick in.
Worked for me. Had to use different memory setings for all 3 chips i have to get them working properly.

I dont know if the NF3 has this option in DRAM config but if there is option called "DRAM DRIVE STRENGTH" then set it to 5 using your current RAM. Also set Dram Data Drive strength to 1.
Save the settings and shut down the system. THen POP in the hynix and boot.
Thats the only setting at which D43 will boot on my DFI.

Back