OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

I dont hav a problem with D43 on mine...boots up at stock, nd ny othr settings i tried till now....only time it didnt boot was whn i tried CL 1 (sme guys were trying tht here on TE, so i tried too ) :p

@not sure but a single stick in yellow slot doesnt work.....even at dfi they hav said tht to use a single stick , use the orange slot

Last edited by a moderator:
I can boot with 1 stick in any of the top 2 slots. No problems.
The only problem so far i have experienced witht his board is the small problem with Xp-90.
The CPU heatsink comes over te bottom 2 slots. I mean it dosent touch it but hot air from cpu is making 1 chip hot.
Pic will explain better.
If i move the XP-90 in reverse it comes very close to the gfx card and block access to floppy type connector somewhat.

@Funky - thats really like touching the ram sticks.

Also why dont u try to move the fan in reverse direction.
I mean instead of blowing air on the heatsink why dont u reverse the airflow.

I have heard that in both air directions air cooling remains same or just some diff in temps.

@Quaddy ---- What you say is true. I found that on my XP-120, I got better fresults if the fan was blowing air AWAY fromthe heatsink towards the side of the cabinet.

And the difference is less..... just abt 2-3 deg C. But that will not make a difference in Funky's case.

funkymonkey said:
I can boot with 1 stick in any of the top 2 slots. No problems.

The only problem so far i have experienced witht his board is the small problem with Xp-90.

The CPU heatsink comes over te bottom 2 slots. I mean it dosent touch it but hot air from cpu is making 1 chip hot.

Pic will explain better.

If i move the XP-90 in reverse it comes very close to the gfx card and block access to floppy type connector somewhat.

Is the air from the cpu h/s so hot that it is affecting the ram module ?? :huh: :O infact blowing air over the modules helps then keep cool.
what is ur Vdimm ??
and it is only 1 chip on the module getting hot ??
Anyways if you want you can invert the orientation of the h/s 180 degrees , the protuding part of it facing the graphic card. And You can put the graphic card in the "other" pcie x16 slot. change the SLI jumpers as explained in the manual (using that jumper extraction tool included with the package is optional). and reboot.
Attach that floppy connector power connector to the m/b before putting on the h/s.
most of the time it will work without problems and in synthetic tests you will find very, very slight decrease in scores.

Well Quad, from my experience,i can say that 510-1 is the best BIOS i have ever seen,atleast on my board.Did excellent with D43,UTT etc.etc.

Nope I havent yet tested it for prime.
It cleared superpi 1M in 31 sec. But the temps were lurking twords 57C. So i backed it down to 2.7. Will bench after i get my AC working again or slap TDX on it.

Back