OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

more screenies! yes thats what it says doesnt it :p, seems like the 875B loves TCCD unlike most intel rigs

Just to let you know, I get 9500 stock 6800nU in '03

the 2.6c is a pretty crummy proc.....im patiently waiting until i can get my 3.0E0, there overclocking beasts. Ill be looking at 275FSB :)

Attachments

• PI.JPG
    PI.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 101
  • arithimetic.JPG
    arithimetic.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 93
Great OC mate ! BTW looks like your an Intel fan, have you tried AMD Processors anytime ?

The Athlon 64's are great OC'ers as well. Though nice to see Intel CPU's being OC'ed :D

lol, yes i have heard of AMD *rolls eyes*

I just feel in single core Intel is better for me. I have used an oced FX-55 and comparative intels, the intels do better in general use and multitasking.

Gaming:
P-M (dothan)
A64

Multitasking/encoding and a few FPS less in games:
P4

Dual core (everything):
X2 all the way baby!!

for me intel is a great balance between gaming and normal use. AMD has benchmarks....sure....but meh real world performance id different

anishcool said:
Great OC mate ! BTW looks like your an Intel fan, have you tried AMD Processors anytime ?
The Athlon 64's are great OC'ers as well. Though nice to see Intel CPU's being OC'ed :D
Intel Northwood P4 "C" type cpu's are great o/c'ers.
on my 2.8 C i had nearly reached 3.7 ghz before thermal throtling set in. (due to high Vcore) on stock intel h/s + fan.
on a normal daily use basis i am/was running it @ 3.3 ~ 3.4 ghz since nearly 1 1/2 years.

lol, everysingle 2.8c in my life has had a barrier of 250FSB, 251 was unstable. @ 3.6-3.7 was it P95 stable? and what vcore were you at?

kev182 said:
lol, everysingle 2.8c in my life has had a barrier of 250FSB, 251 was unstable. @ 3.6-3.7 was it P95 stable? and what vcore were you at?
No. not at all.

infact i did not even attempt prime95 @ that level for i knew it will not run at all. it was more an attempt to find the limit of the cpu on my rig.(stock h/s)
infact @ that levels thermal throthling had definitely set in since the benchies @ that speeds were lower than stock speed of 2.8 ~ 3.0 ghz. and the temps as shown by the diode were about 65 ~ 70C
This leads me to infer that the actual core temps of a cpu are atleast 20 ~ 25C more that what is sensed by the cpu diode.:huh: since thermal throthling sets in at temps of about 90+C.
as for the vcore i do not remember now but i had posted cpu-z screenshots of it either here or on the previous TA site. (i dont remember now) but it was definetly greater than 1.8V.
@ 3.3 ~ 3.4 ghz the m/c was stable in all the benchies and Tests, more importantly it was stable in my daily use which matters the most to me.
anyways i still have that m/c but this time i have got some good copper h/s , one of these days i will clean the pcb's and try some more "experiments";)
I miss my Abit IS-7 m/b.........:SAD:

LOL, just to let you know anything above 1.7Vcore on a northie is severly hurting the proc. i Have seen people frying their proc above 1.8 O_O i wouldnt be surprised if you damaged it.

what damage ??, it is working better than it did anytime before.
and yes any vcore in excess of +10% then recomended by the mfgr is not advisable for long term use.unless you use superior cooling methods. meaning if you can remove the heat generated in the core fast enough then vcore will certainly "not" be the limiting factor in o/c'ing.

kev182 said:
LOL, just to let you know anything above 1.7Vcore on a northie is severly hurting the proc. i Have seen people frying their proc above 1.8 O_O i wouldnt be surprised if you damaged it.

I ran prime95 at VCore 2.00V and suicide ocing at 2.05V on my AXP Barton rated at 1.65V VCore....nothing happened...lol

was using watercooling...else wud have been bust :p

guys....no matter what cooling Ln2, water, Air

if the voltage is too high it will do the same damage no matter what temps. More cooling just gives more mhz for the same voltage, lower temps doesnt mean its safer!

BTW, you cannot compare the voltage limits of two procs. because they are completely different. Northie max safe vcore= 1.7 pressy max safe vcore= 1.53

so your barton doesnt show anything :)

Yeah, too much of VCore always hurts the CPU no matter what cooling...

Anyway looks like we have another OC'ing expert with experience I believe from EOCF ;)

kev182 said:
BTW, you cannot compare the voltage limits of two procs. because they are completely different. Northie max safe vcore= 1.7 pressy max safe vcore= 1.53

so your barton doesnt show anything :)

yah...but anything higher than 1.9V for a barton is dangerous :) the damn N8X Dlx had a 2.1V overvoltage protection :p damn asus......cudnt get over 2.07V

hehehehehe!!

You don't know Sunny.... he is really crazy.... ( in a good way). He can mod anything and everything.... Can you believe that he tried modding his DVD Writer?? I mean, what the hell can you mod there?? What big advantage will you get??

Nikhil said:
hehehehehe!!

You don't know Sunny.... he is really crazy.... ( in a good way). He can mod anything and everything.... Can you believe that he tried modding his DVD Writer?? I mean, what the hell can you mod there?? What big advantage will you get??

lmao...shuddup dude :p

at the moment using twinmos CADT.
Sucks with DFI. Had to spend 6 hours getting it stable with right memory settings.
Hynix D43 on the other hand was stable without much problems. But this twinmos though able to run at higher speeds was a nightmare to configure.
LOL for the first time in my life i had to sit down with pen and paper and write down what i am doing, what worked and what did not. 3 page writting for oc.
ROFL :p

Temps : 39C idle. 49C full load.
Chipset at 47C.
Not bad to be honest as i am still on air ( XP-90 + sunon ).
No time to setup watercooling for this rig just yet. Maybe today evening.

Back