OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

first try to find the limits of your CPU. I think you have an awesome CPU. Then lower the CPU multi to 4 or 5 and concentrate on your RAM. To find the limit of your CPU, reduce the memory speed to DDR 200 :p

i did that :(
reduced memory to 266Mhz and increased cpu to 300HTTx9
vcore at 1.55v
superpi and p95 errors...i guess i am at my max....

Hows this for a S754 overclock ?

This overclock was not stable, but 2620 was absolutely stable. The temps went a bit high at ~ 49C on load. This was done on stock cooling. Will try some higher speeds once I get a good cooler for the CPU.

Nice job mate.

Btw.. Hows 70C Full Load both Cores on my Two Prescotts glued together?

Safe?

Rocking performance i should add :eek:hyeah:..

This overclock was not stable, but 2620 was absolutely stable. The temps went a bit high at ~ 49C on load. This was done on stock cooling. Will try some higher speeds once I get a good cooler for the CPU.

BF1983, stable as in prime & memtest stable ?. nice overclock though :)

dipdude said:
BF1983, stable as in prime & memtest stable ?. nice overclock though :)

Thanks, everything I know abt overclocking I learnt here at TE. :hap2:

Also I was just testing to see the limits of the CPU. I have scaled back down. I will go back to those speeds once I get a good cooler. Also it was stable enough for me to play Far Cry for 1 1/2 hr. About memtest, my ram was at stock speed of 200 mhz at 2-3-3-5 1T at 2.5V.

And dont believe CPU-Z saying that oc was done at 1.500 V, it was more like 1.675 V. :bleh:

Well, I oc'ed my RAM systematically today. Got to 220 @ 2-3-3-6. How is that on KVR??

I ran Memtest and I got 8 errors after 10 tests. After the tenth test, it went back to test 1. And I quit it.

SuperPi ran flawlessly even the 4M test.

Wotsay guys?? Is the errors too much??

BTW, this is not my limit. Will oc more. Just thought I will post here and get some more advice :)

Oh, and another thing..... How do I calculate at what speed the RAM will run knowing the FSB?? Like DDR 400, it is obvous. How do I calculate for DDR 333, DDR266, etc.....

I know Storm.... I had done it the last time I set out on oc'ing. But this time, I was just too lazy.... Brain is overloaded with stupid Engg stuff... :p

Wotsay guys?? Is the errors too much??
Nikhil, it's no use o/c, if your system is not stable, it is going to cause hard disk corruption, reboots, bsod's etc.

there no errors limit, either you get them or you dont :( any mem error is bad news.

Right now, either you lower your ram timing's or use memory divider@5:6.

Make sure your rig is prime & memtest stable b4 going for more o/c.

Memtest finishes one pass with 0 errors. Can I take it that my RAM at this speed is stable??
good but, let it go on, till it says it's covered >400%,

after that try o/c further but ultimately, both memtest & prime95 should test the stablity for longer duration, to be certain.

nice work :) just be patient & keep a eye on the temp's.

temps are not a problem..... with 1.6 V @ 2.45Ghz, max was 39!!!

Of course, with cabby open and room temp hovering around 20 deg C.

goldenfrag said:
Nice job mate.

Btw.. Hows 70C Full Load both Cores on my Two Prescotts glued together?
Safe?
Rocking performance i should add :eek:hyeah:..
:hap2:
wow goldenfrag thats a superb oc on that pentium D. 70 under full load is very good i must say, but i read at a forum that pentium D throttles beyond 75c so u may just need to ensure it doesnt cross 75 during summer.:hap2:

btw my oc on amd 2000+ w/MSi ktv is 400mhz (it doesnt have any pci/agp lock:ashamed: , right now its running stable at 2ghz )

Back