OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

@ quad,

kindly do mention what exactly you did in the bios.....
"After a playing a lot with BIOS " = please elaborate in detail about this....."

me thinks removing the side panel played a substantial role in imparting stability in prime ....(as per the info provided by you)
but please remember it is winter now... soon it would be summer (higher ambient temps) hence you better be prepared to put in an extra fan for improved air flow.

Playing with the BIOS was.

1. Changing the Vcore and % thing so i can get 1.54Vcore
2. Change HTT to 270
3. Changed the PCI Bus Freq to 100Mhz [Deejay had set this to 105Mhz]
4. Vdimm at 2.8
5. Timings ate 2.5-4-4-8 tried 2.5-3-3-7 was memtest stable too but
reverted to 2.5-4-4-8
6. Ram with 5:6Divider is now at 5:6 now.
7. Left cabinet open.

These are all the settings i changed in the BIOS
Hope that helps.

oh so basically you reduced the vcore and speed (by 5 mhz) slightly and left the side panel open.....:D

I had really thought that you had played around with the tref, ram data drive settings, Vdimm etc...;)

tonight if possible try to repeat your performance with the case closed......

This will give a better idea about air flow / cooling inside the case .....and any corrective steps needed (if required at all):)

Also changing the base vcore and the % mark up values is worth investigating. what were the previous values and what is the current new setting. i know for a fact that many o/c'er prefer to keep the base vcore pretty low and increase the % mark up quite a bit (123% or more). for e.g. 1.3XV + 123% for vcore in the 1.5XV range.

funkymonkey said:
cant vouch for that 100%.
If its 32M stable in superpi the system is farely stable but i have seen prime failing at speeds at which 32M passes and it has given me problems.
I dont bother running prime for 6 hours though, my machine is rarely idle for that long. For me the max i test is usually 3-4 hours. thats good enough for me.

thanks funky ;)

dipdude said:
way to go quad. yes i would call your system stable :D
i assume you used prime 95 v24.12 ?

Yes used Prime95 V24.12 only.
downloaded the latest yesterday only.

I couldnt sleep yesterday until i made my sys Prime Stable.
Last whole night i was doing memtest , superpi , prime for each setting.

My Super PI Times. Upto 36 Seconds for some reason. I swear it was 34 last i used it. Maybe Background processes...

Sucks compared to you guys times but i understand this is really good for a Dual core CPU...

pitimes6vh.jpg

rahul, great o/c there mate, post some super-pi mod score too, also try running @1T, if not lower your ram timings to 3,3,3,8@1T.

want to see if there is any gain in pi-score by increasing CAS but lowering CT.

dipdude said:
rahul, great o/c there mate, post some super-pi mod score too, also try running @1T, if not lower your ram timings to 3,3,3,8@1T.

want to see if there is any gain in pi-score by increasing CAS but lowering CT.

this ram doesn't like cas of 3 dude ..... i tried it before but it becomes unstable after that ...... i haven't tried the 1T timing ..... i will do it and let u know ..... i have chked it @ 225Mhz it works with same timings and 1T command rate ...... but now i am running 230Mhz so i have to test it again...... in super Pi i used to get 1M time of 35secs with all the application running in background like antivirus PCprobe and all ......

finally 300htt+...4Hrs p95 stable...almost got kicked outta house for keepin AC on for that long

pressed enter by mistake..but the score is 33 only

idle 17C
load 28C
gpu 32C

Awesome man just awesome.....Now there are lots difference between same steppings:huh: . Me having the same steppings of ur but getting only 305HTT @ 1.65vcore

argus_smith said:
finally 300htt+...4Hrs p95 stable...almost got kicked outta house for keepin AC on for that long

pressed enter by mistake..but the score is 33 only

idle 17C
load 28C
gpu 32C

what stepping is it??

Back