OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
wasnt there a similar thread here earlier ? .. anyways heres a screenie from me.. isnt my best since i'm concentrating on stability testing now ;)

Attachments

• prime95.JPG
    prime95.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 883
whats the max htt on the a8n sli ? for a8v its 300 in bios

now testing prime for 2.5 gigs (277htt) ... so far 12 hours over on stock vcore

bottle said:
thats insane lol can someone in chennai lend me their board for a few days :p
Sell your A8V Deluxe and get A8N SLi Deluxe,believe me man,it worth every single penny. :haha:

It lacks a lotta punch :boxing22:

hehe why would i want a board that lacks a lot of punch

one of the reason i didnt get the a8n was because of my 9800pro... was too lazy to try selling it and getting a new one

@Bottle I am also using the same board as you have and i have found the onboard sound setup of the board not being so great. Are you having the same problems. If not then what drivers are you using for the same. Also are there any new bios's around. Bloddy pain these days to keep looking for stablity with high end products.

@Darklord:

Not being able to run 1:1 isn't a problem - at least not for me since I don't have that kinda RAM presently :lol: ! But the question is if you use a divider like 166 (i.e. DDR333) can you oc above 240MHz FSB and keep the 1T also ?
Also, can you boot into windows by setting the FSB to > 300 MHz and RAM at 1T in the bios ?

If those are possible, then among the boards available here in India, the A8N SLI is prolly a very good deal !

You've a good 3200+ BTW !

Last edited by a moderator:
Switch said:
@bottle I am also using the same board as you have and i have found the onboard sound setup of the board not being so great. Are you having the same problems. If not then what drivers are you using for the same. Also are there any new bios's around. Bloddy pain these days to keep looking for stablity with high end products.
am using an old creative card at the moment but i used onboard for a few weeks and found it ok.. i downloaded the drivers for onboard sound from the asus site it was newer than the ones on my cd but since you got your board recently the contents of the cd may have been updated

realtek driver

bios wise the latest official release is 1009. there are huge number of betas after that and it looks like asus is seriously working in the memory area

i m using bios 1010 beta version 003 so far ok

asus are already working on 1011 without releasing the official 1010.. there are so far 5 releases for 1011 and i would seriously advice you not to touch any of those

are you facing any problems with the board ?

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry i think i deleted it :( went to asus site and its not there either ..

they only have the 1011 beta 005 .. will give it a try and see if theres any difference

will google for 1010 and let you know

No none at all... Bottle do one thing... Before you flash your bios... Make a copy of your old one and mail it to me... Would really appreciate that...

well to the guys who asked about 1T on A*N SLI.
Well its no problem unless RAM is running 1:1.
If HTT is above 240 but Ram is DDR333 it will run at 1T flawlessly.
No issues what so ever. Its when you run it 1:1 that it cant keep up at 1T over 240FSB for most( in my case its 245).
But new bios should fix this issue.

Back