Post your Rigs !

To say My configuration is old...would be an understatement.

But it works fine... I really love working on it. I have done alot of customisation on it and planning to upgrade it. I know there is nothing i can do for overclocking my mobo. But if anyone has any type of idea on how i can increase my cpu speed. Please Help. The board suckss when it comes to OC..

AMD ATHLON XP 2000+
VIA KT266A :rofl:
768MB DDR 333 HYNIX
CLUB3D 9800PRO 128MB 256BIT :cool2:
SONY CDWRITER
SAMSUNG 955DF 19"
ARTIS S800 WIT ONBOARD SOUND
EVRYTHNG GOING TO CHANGE :clap:

Here is my stuff

A64 3000+
Asus K8V
Transcend 512mb DDR400
XFX 6600GT (Core @ 500 n Mem @ 1000)
Samsung SyncMaster 997DF (19" flat)
Seagate 160GB * 3 SATA
Samsung CDRW
Zoltrix Nightingale Pro
PixelView PlayTV Pro
All housed in an Antec Cabinet (dont remember the model ??)
Creative Inspire 4.1
Zalman 5.1 Headphones
Logitech Extreme Gaming PC headset
Belkin Nostromo n52 Speedpad
TwinShock gamepad
Logitech Mx 1000 Mouse
Razor DiamondBack mouse with Razor eXactMat

well here goes... (stuck with a prescHOT, cant help it)

p4 2.8 ht (prescott)
intel 915GAV orig mobo
512*2 - 400 MHz (hynix)
seagate 120gb sata
Sony DDU1622 DVD-ROM
LiteOn 52327S CD-RW
logitech opti mouse nd k/b
creative 2.1's
zebronics 450w psu
AND THE CROWNING GLORY.....

BBA ATI RADEON X800XL!!!!!

MANN I LUV IT....

Well..... I think my rig is pretty good too..... with the exception of the mobo which is not bad by any stretch of imagination but just not the best. That is all..

AMD 64 3200+ @ 2.5GHz. Just increased it after reading Darklord's OC. Also increased the voltage to 1.53 V

Asus A8V Deluxe mobo --- tried for neo2 plat but it was out of stock DAMN!!!!

BFG 6800GT AGP (this was the main reason I wanted an AGP mobo as I had the gfx card before the comp).

LiteOn 1653S DVD-Writer.

Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2 joystick

Logitech MX Duo cordless desktop

Coming soon (hopefully, if my dad agrees). ;-)

XP 120 cooling,
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro + Logitech Z-5500 digital
or
Audigy 2 ZS + Creative decoder DDTS 100 + MegaWorks 5.1 550

Let me see abt that.... yet to decide and also on availability in Bangkok.

So, wotsay guys????

The decoder is useless. The audigy2 zs will work better off the analog outputs. If you use the digital out and pass it thru an external decoder, you'll only get stereo outputs cos the audigy cannot do DD encoding in hardware. Wait a month or two for speakers and get the Altec Lansing HMX 7051. By the spec sheet it should blow both of those speakers out of the water.

Darklord said:
Heres my Rig,

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ [Winchester]
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe mobo
2 x 6800 GT in SLi
1 GB Transcend DDR400 Ram
80GB Hitachi
200 GB Cuda
Benq DW1610

Thats all.
I posted here to make this thread alive.

Where are all the hardware guys? the hardware section is as good as dead here.

Cmon guys.

OK......That is aone HELLUVA rig. but why didn't you go for Corsair??? It is the best. And especially for you since you are so much into oc'ing.....

Rig 3 :

P3 500MHz Katmai (hahaha....oced to 620MHz since a year, now no oc )
Priya uber ocing 810 board
64MB SDRAM
20GB Seagate
LG CD ROM

and an UBER modded AT cabinet...MUHUHUHAHAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Now that is a RIG!!!!! for 1980. :eek:hyeah:

Imagine said:
@darky ,Yeah man mobo sucks big time (no agp lock ,no latency dic option and also via and ati dont go well... ) . Actualy when my bro bought the mobo there was no nforce3 available .
Anywayz pcie is in so may be I'll get a nforce4 mobo

But then, you will have to change the processor as well as nf4 is only for Socket 939. And 2800+ is socket 754.

Switch said:
My Rig
Athlon 64 3200
Asus A8V Deluxe
1GB Trascend DDR 400 512x2
Samsung 19"Flat Monitor
XFX Geforce 6800GT
1XSony DVD ROM, 1X Samsung CD RW
Generic Keyboard, black
Logitech Optical Mouse
Creative FPS 1500
1xseagate 160GB SATA
1xseagate 160GB IDE
1xSeagate 80GB IDE
Powersafe 400Watts PSU

Hey Switch.....

Nice Rig. But why XFX??? They are really bad overclockers. And I have almost exactly the same config like you. Same Mobo, processor. But I have a BFG 6800GT. IT oc'es like crzy. And what is the max oc of your 6800GT?? Please post it here.

But I do not have as much HDD space as yours.

And as Darky says, don't go for Powersafe and that too not 400 watts. Go for 500 Watts Antec(or 480 or 550 as Antec do not have a 500)

Chaos said:
The decoder is useless. The audigy2 zs will work better off the analog outputs. If you use the digital out and pass it thru an external decoder, you'll only get stereo outputs cos the audigy cannot do DD encoding in hardware. Wait a month or two for speakers and get the Altec Lansing HMX 7051. By the spec sheet it should blow both of those speakers out of the water.

Hey Chaos

Nice idea but then, I need to keep in mind the cost also. The Z-5500 is not available in India and the Z-680 costs 30K. WAAAY too much for me. If I buy it from aborad, then it will cost me around 12.5K. Also, I am going abroad at the month end. So, I need to make my purchases then.

And abt the decoder...... I want to use it mainly for the speakers as the Z-5500 has an onboard decoder but the Megaworks doesn't. According to the company, it will be better if I buy the decoder as then I will get genuine Dolby, DTS, etc... .effects. Also the Decodeer has a host of inputs similar to the Z-5500. And if I buy the decoder, I do not need to buy the Platinum Pro.

And I guess, the whole of this page has all of my posts. Sorry but I couldn't help replying to the many good posts here. Bear with me..... at least till I catch up on what all is happening on this site. :D

nikhilb2008 said:
Hey Chaos

Nice idea but then, I need to keep in mind the cost also. The Z-5500 is not available in India and the Z-680 costs 30K. WAAAY too much for me. If I buy it from aborad, then it will cost me around 12.5K. Also, I am going abroad at the month end. So, I need to make my purchases then.

And abt the decoder...... I want to use it mainly for the speakers as the Z-5500 has an onboard decoder but the Megaworks doesn't. According to the company, it will be better if I buy the decoder as then I will get genuine Dolby, DTS, etc... .effects. Also the Decodeer has a host of inputs similar to the Z-5500. And if I buy the decoder, I do not need to buy the Platinum Pro.

And I guess, the whole of this page has all of my posts. Sorry but I couldn't help replying to the many good posts here. Bear with me..... at least till I catch up on what all is happening on this site. :D

I don't know who told you abt the decoder but the simple thing is the Audigy2 ZS will do DD/DTS decoding as well and u'll get all the effects in movies with the analog out as well. In sound quality, there'll be absolutely no difference whether you use the analog or the digital. If you use digital, you'll only get 5.1 in movies not in games. Thats the diff. Also the platinum pro is useless other than the live drive. In fact A2ZS+live drive is the audigy2 zs platinum. The platinum pro adds ASIO2 support to the ZS. Its only useful if ur recording music. But then real musicians don't use audigy cards :p. The audigy 4 pro is a much better card than the ZS and the platinum pro. If I wanna spend so much money, I'd get an audigy2 zs for gaming and an EMU 0404 for music and klipsch promedia ultra 5.1 if you want it now or wait for the altec speakers to arrive in the market. (Late may is what i hear). That system is 650W RMS, has a DD Decoder, has optical, coaxial and even usb inputs. Plus I'd take the sound signature of an altec over a creative/logitech any day.

My Rig:

System 1- AMD Sempron 2800+
Generic DDR RAM 256X2 333mhz
Gigabyte Via Chipset Mobo (I thin it's KM333)
Geforce FX5200 128 mb, 128 bit
Seagate Barracuda 80GB IDE
Samsung 5200 RPM 40GB IDE
Samsung CD R/W
Compex 802.11 b/g adapter
Philips 17" 107E5
Generic Case, generic power supply
System 2:

Compaq V2000 series
Pentium M Processor 725 (1.6 GHz)
Display: 14.0" WXGA BrightView Widescreen(1280x768)
Video Card: Intel Extreme Graphics with productivity ports
Memory: 512MB DDR SDRAM (1x512MB)
40 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive
Combo drive
IE extreme graphics 2 (that does a decent job at UT2004)
Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 802.11BG WLAN

With my beloved wifi connectivity b/w the two systems

nikhilb2008 said:
P3 500MHz Katmai (hahaha....oced to 620MHz since a year, now no oc )

Priya uber ocing 810 board

huh?? exactly my old rig :eek:hyeah: mobo limited 620MHz :(

nikhilb2008 said:
Hey Switch.....

Nice Rig. But why XFX??? They are really bad overclockers. And I have almost exactly the same config like you. Same Mobo, processor. But I have a BFG 6800GT. IT oc'es like crzy. And what is the max oc of your 6800GT?? Please post it here.

But I do not have as much HDD space as yours.

And as Darky says, don't go for Powersafe and that too not 400 watts. Go for 500 Watts Antec(or 480 or 550 as Antec do not have a 500)

I dont know about overclocking as i havent tried as of now but one think that lead to to buy XFX was that XFX has three years international warrenty and i wanted that... Anyways when i feel the need to overclock i would buy an NV5 and then try it out...

About the PSU well its working fine as of now no problems of any sort whatsoever... Would buy Antec when i feel the need for it... I am not overclocking so dosent really matter...

Back