PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

xXx said:
They have still not cracked 3.42 FW....guess it will take another year to crack....wanted to see how fast they update their CFW for PS3....but the HBW community is too slow for it :rofl:

Too slow? :rofl:

They have already produced SNES emulation, got the FTP app up and running, PKG file extractor is available and heck even a PSP game (GTA: Chinatown Wars) was shown running on the PS3 recently. All of this, just within a month of this whole thread being initiated. As for the CFW part, JaicraB is developing a CFW loader right now. It's still buggy, but won't be long before we see some progress. Not everything happens over-night. Heck, even the 360 didn't get so much attention when they had hacked it's DVD drive for loading custom firmware on it. It was only until the concept of JTAG came out, till Homebrew actually came into picture.

The guy who did this psp thing on PS3 has a real bad reputation in Russian forums ... according to them he has edited the intro video of a ps3 game with hes psp gameplay video and changed the icon :bleh:

PS3 3.50 update released

Sony's Network Operations Americas VP Eric Lempel has announced that PS3 Firmware v3.50 is now released, and as expected it includes Blu-ray 3D disc playback.

We suggest you update your PS3 console right away, so you can fully enjoy all the eye-smashing 3D Blockbuster Movies that will be coming your way over the XMAS buying season!

Plus at the same time, you can enjoy total Facebook integration, by sharing your PSN gamer profile with your Facebook friends, they will be able to track your game playing history, see your latest official (non-hacked) Trophies, along with sharing your screen-shots and other goodies with your fellow friends on Facebook!

And at the same time, we have added an wonderful Grief Reporting Function so you can rat on your friends that might happen to get on-line with their hacked Platinum Trophies, or start killing you with AimBot.

Finally, to make it easier when our State-Of-The-Art-High-Tech-Super-Computer-Which-Is-Now-An-Low-Cost-3D-Blu-Ray-Player which we have called an Playstation 3, finally breaks down on you the End-User, we have listen to your complaints and have now replaced those wonderful weird 800xxxx Error Codes, that you have to previously come to these forums to figure out, with helpful trouble-shooting guides that end with a message to phone us here at SCEA!

We hope you enjoy this wonderful new update tonight, and to make it easier for yourselves, in-case our servers get overloaded with update requests, here is some handy links:

US Region: Playstation v3.50 Update North America

EU Region: Playstation v3.50 Update Europe

Source

Updating ASAP :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Too slow? :rofl:

They have already produced SNES emulation, got the FTP app up and running, PKG file extractor is available and heck even a PSP game (GTA: Chinatown Wars) was shown running on the PS3 recently. All of this, just within a month of this whole thread being initiated. As for the CFW part, JaicraB is developing a CFW loader right now. It's still buggy, but won't be long before we see some progress. Not everything happens over-night. Heck, even the 360 didn't get so much attention when they had hacked it's DVD drive for loading custom firmware on it. It was only until the concept of JTAG came out, till Homebrew actually came into picture.
Ally....u are right they are mighty fast on useless features, right now nobody want's. Everyone is waiting for them to match up their pace with Sony's FW upgrades. currently there are no new games to play for which require new FW's. but once October starts there would be sudden rush of new games, which many people with PSJB won't be able to enjoy coz of new FW requirement. yea...playin PSP/SNES emulation are all fancy, truly needed features are still not made on priority.

Heck just got update...Sony even released new FW, more security to be beech'd :p

xXx said:
Ally....u are right they are mighty fast on useless features, right now nobody want's. Everyone is waiting for them to match up their pace with Sony's FW upgrades. currently there are no new games to play for which require new FW's. but once October starts there would be sudden rush of new games, which many people with PSJB won't be able to enjoy coz of new FW requirement. yea...playin PSP/SNES emulation are all fancy, truly needed features are still not made on priority.

Heck just got update...Sony even released new FW, more security to be beech'd :p
You sir, need to read this - http://www.techenclave.com/gaming-consoles/the-ps3-media-server-thread-158752-3.html#post1603400 :p

It worked flawlessly yesterday. :D

xXx said:

I agree, but if theres a way the hackers might find one ^^

Desecrator said:

@gannu..thanks for sharing that link...showing more ways to watch movies via PS3...but currently i connect my Laptop directly to LCD via HDMI cable and it plays flawlessly all formats which r played on a PC ;)

also my discussion was on HBW developers lacking pace with SONY updates. As hpnd with PSP, ultimately they had to patch all the latest games to be played on old CFW, instead of updating the CFW frequently, and that case looks bleak with patchin 4 - 30 gb games :p

xXx said:
You're really fast on judging something which has hardly had a month to grow properly. These small applications aren't a walk in the park to develop. Did you ever envision that the PS3 would be able to boot back ups prior to this whole JB scene? No, right? But now that we have one, we need to keep nit-picking things. Give it some time. How long has it been since the 3.42 firmware was out? 2 weeks? Keep in mind that these "homebrew" developers are humans and not magicians. ;)

I suppose someone reported that the latest F1 game needs a 3.42 update to work, cancelling it would throw you back to the XMB. I'm pretty sure that most follks who have got the JB are probably enjoying the older exclusive titles on it. I can hardly recollect how many more exclusives we have lined up for this year. Perhaps till then, they might figure out a way to load these games via CFW. :)

The PS3 JAILBREAK is just a baby now and you want it to run a 800metre dash ?? hold on boy let it grow let it first learn to walk ...u'll soon enough see it on the tracks ready for a race

mark the date n time...and lets wait for it to come off its age :)

but 1 thing i can say, its going to be the same routine for hackers as building another new PSJB for Sony's new FW's :bleh:

ahh... the soothsayers online. :) .. just fun...

folks why dont u all stop predicting the future and just take it all in stride..

Ethan_Hunt said:
All I need to mark is your reaction when that happens and something tells me, it would be a perfect KODAK moment. :p
Come to AUD to click the kodak moment...and seriously I wud be happy if they update it soon, so dat i could DL all those yearly games and play it on PS3 instead of PC.

Back