PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

xXx said:
Come to AUH to click the kodak moment...and seriously I wud be happy if they update it soon, so dat i could DL all those yearly games and play it on PS3 instead of PC.
Fixed! :p

Sony releases a new fw, hackers counter it with a new hex code to be loaded into the bootloader. Lather, rinse, repeat. :p

b/w i had one doubt....can I backup a Game Disc on FW 3.42 ???

so atleast i can start backing up the Game i get on Rent :D

xXx said:
b/w i had one doubt....can I backup a Game Disc on FW 3.42 ???
No can do! :p

How do you intend to do it when a hack for 3.42 has not been released yet? Above all, you don't have the teensy board do you? :bleh:

I suppose it will allow you to back up the game which has needs 3.42 firmware, but won't allow you to play the game, unless you have the necessary firmware on the console. And Back Up Manager will only work if the console is in dev mode, which can be done only with that PSJB stick.

xXx said:
Backup Manager is a software and can be installed via any USB stick AFAIK. the hex code is on the modded USB stick, which is required to play games via Backup Manager. Correct me if I am Wrong.
may be Dhruv can confirm this ?
Back-up manager is a one time only installation on the system. It can be loaded through any USB stick. But the PS3 needs to be JB'd first, which is why you would need that modded board/stick to boot the console into dev mode.

xXx said:
Backup Manager is a software and can be installed via any USB stick AFAIK. the hex code is on the modded USB stick, which is required to play games via Backup Manager. Correct me if I am Wrong.

may be Dhruv can confirm this ?
I'll try and make u xplain :)

The PS3 is blocked by sony so that the end users cant install any kinda homebrew on it ....as backup manager is also a homebrew application used to load games and create backups ... even it cant be installed on the PS3 ...... so to unlock that feature of the PS3 .. by which i mean running unassisgned codes and installing homebrew applications you need to JAILBREAK it first ...and to jailbreak the console u'll need a hex code ... and that hex code cant be just put up on a pen drive and used ... so for that purpose u need a dev board ... or chip or the usb dongle as u say :)

USB Dongle to force the PS3 into deb ug mode. Then use pendrive to install BootManager / Other homebrew....

It would be incorrect to say that the PS3 enters into dev mode because you do not have the dev related options on the console.

dhruvrock2000 said:
USB Dongle to force the PS3 into deb ug mode. Then use pendrive to install BootManager / Other homebrew....

It would be incorrect to say that the PS3 enters into dev mode because you do not have the dev related options on the console.
you would get that in PS3 dev kits not the retail thing

precisely @ 3:02...folders such as:

../app_home/PS3_GAME/ & * Install Package files

Wat does dat mean ?? that console over there was jailbroken ?? :rofl:

Back