PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

A little OT. Any idea about the factory firmware in the 160GB consoles ? I need one and Prashant has it for 19K on his website (intenciy.in).

If its 3.41 or before, I'll grab this one.

So I guess I need to rush things up.

BTW what do you guys suggest ? 160GB at 19K (plus another 500 bucks for original disc) or 320Gb at 22K ? Not sure if the additional 2.5K is worth the additional 160GB disc space and two discs (crappy though).

Also I already have 500GB WD Scorpio in my netbook and I can move it into the PS3 system.

I am little out of the scene. Sold my PS3 after completing the GOW3 in Titan mode. Bought the MGS4 as well but that bored me to death :p

Now I am getting it again to finish the following:

1) UC 1

2) UC 2

3) Heavy Rain

4) Dante's Inferno (man I love nudity :D)

and some more, that can be downloaded for free :p

And not to mention, I'll buy the GOW3 disc again. Will try the Chaos mode again.

Coming back to the topic, did anyone check the dongles available at Deal Extreme ? Pretty cheap and even upgradeable.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
I am little out of the scene. Sold my PS3 after completing the GOW3 in Titan mode. Bought the MGS4 as well but that bored me to death :p

Now I am getting it again to finish the following:

1) UC 1

2) UC 2

3) Heavy Rain

4) Dante's Inferno (man I love nudity :D)

and some more, that can be downloaded for free :p

And not to mention, I'll buy the GOW3 disc again. Will try the Chaos mode again.

Coming back to the topic, did anyone check the dongles available at Deal Extreme ? Pretty cheap and even upgradeable.
Lol.. they are more expensive than the ones i'm sourcing... pic based so no guarantee of upgradeability.. on top of that , shipping from DX takes at least a month to reach you XD

dhruvrock2000 said:
Lol.. they are more expensive than the ones i'm sourcing... pic based so no guarantee of upgradeability.. on top of that , shipping from DX takes at least a month to reach you XD
Just checked. The DX ones cost like 12USD, for the ones that are upgradeable. 1 month is sure there but lemme just try those and report back. BULK order from there will be even cheaper.

Aman27deep said:
Ethan whats ur comment on this downgrader? :p

It's fake in all probability. The video which was demonstrated was edited and pieced together. We need more proof with a constant feed of the actual downgrade process happening. Remember when 3.41 got JB'd and some people doubted Ozmodchips first JB attempt? He made a second video with the TV and PS3 right in front of each and without moving or replacing anything. That's what we need here.

REJOICE

PS Jailbreak gets support for PS3 versions 3.42 and 3.5

The update wars continue, and call us crazy but it sure looks like Sony is on its heels. The PlayStation 3 firmware version 3.50 was supposed to be the one to really protect the console, forcibly installed with Medal of Honor and reportedly the cause of the latest (and last) Gran Turismo 5 delay. But, it was all for naught, with PS Jailbreak announcing downgrade support for firmware 3.42 and 3.50 "and beyond." The only question now is: what's the next firmware version going to be called? Maybe if Sony started naming these updates after delicious pastries we'd be a little less tired of applying them.

Update: To clarify, this will not let you play 3.42 or 3.50 games, but will let you downgrade your firmware from those versions to an earlier, more hackable release.

Source

Slim starts 2 make money h/w wise and we get jailbreak encores...

hmm, .... Sony u dirty rat.

srry no 1 answered there and then i found this thread

anyways do you someplace i could get it done and for how much

thanks

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

in that case the move bundle is most profitable as i would also get the move starter pack and a 320gb hdd ?? what do u say

Just need some help guys :p

One of my friend is buying a PS3 from intencity most probably....price offered is 20k shipped for the 320GB Slim ( without the 2 bundled games).

So where should I source the USB stick from....as many fakes are floating around. Dhruv is no more taking orders :(

Also the PS3 Move bundle 320GB is coming to like 22k. Is it a good offer. Also does the move bundle contains the 2 free games which comes with the normal 320GB PS3 Slim ?

1) ygpm on jb chip

2) move bundle is for 22.5 iinm and its a good offer but i dont think u can find the move bundle now.

Shopkeeper mentioned that Milestone isnt sending anymore and it was only a promo pack.

3) no free game with move bundle. only a demo disc.

Back