PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

You need to spend considerable time on forums and need to understand the drift of the threads.

i pretty well understand where this is going :)

i didnt bothered reading ur entire post, just the last line was good enuf.

Dont have the mood or the time or even posts to spend on a kid like you. So no more replies to your funny takes which u term as debate.

Spacescreamer said:
You need to spend considerable time on forums and need to understand the drift of the threads.

i pretty well understand where this is going :)

i didnt bothered reading ur entire post, just the last line was good enuf.

Dont have the mood or the time or even posts to spend on a kid like you. So no more replies to your funny takes which u term as debate.
YOU had way too much time to respond with a useless reply

your comments how exactly what type you are.

oh i didn't know all that stuff,hell i don't have the time to respond to a kid like you................lmao

This could very well shift the balance of power out of MS's hands. If this works, the Slim's gonna fall flat on its face. Casual gamers like myself really feel the pinch of the high software prices and while I do buy the originals of the games I really like, realistically speaking, I don't want to spend that much cash to try each and every game I "think" I might like but find out later on that it actually sucks. This would actually offer an opportunity of try before you buy kinda thing.

Another plus point is that unlike the Xbox hacks which are permanent, this is as temporary as pulling the dongle out of the USB. Means you can use this while playing offline and then if you wanna play online, just pull the dongle out and stat playing online and eliminate the risk of a ban if Sony starts something similar in the future. Really looking forward to this. Anyone applied for the distributorship for India yet??? Any news from our in house mod shops on this?

These guys are gonna make huge profits...

$ 163... :rofl:

I am sure they are sourced the chip for $10-40 EA for say like 500 pieces and are now selling it for $163

Awesome margins... and insulting geohot.... they bought a USB dongle from some unknown Chinese guys and they insult a guy who hacked more devices than anyone even anyone before he even turned 18....

There are a lot of other things to be taken note of and these are purely my speculations -

- New games released for the PS3 require newer firmware updates so it might happen that the new firmware may disable the device permanently.

- The device may get you banned from the PSN - not a big deal for peeps who are not keen of MP gaming anyway.

- The company says if a single file in the blu-ray disc is greater than 4.7GB it may not be able to rip it to the drive. Sony can very well use this loophole and create files which exceed this capacity.

PS: These are just my views and brickhouse (yes you!), you need not quote the above points and start flaming me. :)

dhruvrock2000 said:
@Gannu : Don't you dare mistreat the beauty... <<PS3>> Btw... Infamous just might be headed ur way next week :D
Dhruv, not so soon! I am headed home (native!) this weekend for a fortnight. Be done with the title and send it over. Say by September 1st. :)

Some professional site like Anandtech or bit-tech should get hold of this device and review it. Only then can we lay our bet on this one. :p

And I can't seem to figure out how ridiculing George Hotz helps. I mean this guy has hacked every other gadget and then they get hold of some Chinese dongle and claim through some video that the device runs the game off the hardware when the camera doesn't show the PS3 at that time. :\

Only Bit-Tech can show a proper review if they have the device.

Also i heard somewhere , Sony saying they might disable USB and sell other ports to charge controllers, don't think so a simple firmware update would patch the jailbreak as reading on PS Scene it would require a hardware patch.

"JailBreak Hack has been leaked" not sure whether it works or not.

dinjo said:
Only Bit-Tech can show a proper review if they have the device.

Also i heard somewhere , Sony saying they might disable USB and sell other ports to charge controllers, don't think so a simple firmware update would patch the jailbreak as reading on PS Scene it would require a hardware patch.

"JailBreak Hack has been leaked" not sure whether it works or not.
sony haven't said anything but their usual

"no comments on rumours"

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dhruvrock2000 said:
@brickhouse : Relax Dude !
i am relaxed

i was just discussing

that guy just seems satisfied with his own theory that SONY itself could have made it hacked

I don't think Sony would disable the USB. That would be a bad thing IMO - charging ports, plugging USB storage drives, other input devices etc would go for a toss. Rest assured, Sony would sell a lot more PS3s that way if they don't take a bad step but sales of games would take a hit nevertheless.

ronnie_gogs said:
These guys are gonna make huge profits...

$ 163... :rofl:

I am sure they are sourced the chip for $10-40 EA for say like 500 pieces and are now selling it for $163

Awesome margins... and insulting geohot.... they bought a USB dongle from some unknown Chinese guys and they insult a guy who hacked more devices than anyone even anyone before he even turned 18....
not really,the jailbreak is already lose on the net

and those aren't US dollars and in the coming days more and more people will release it on the net

Desecrator said:
I don't think Sony would disable the USB. That would be a bad thing IMO - charging ports, plugging USB storage drives, other input devices etc would go for a toss. Rest assured, Sony would sell a lot more PS3s that way if they don't take a bad step but sales of games would take a hit nevertheless.
sure they wouldn't but they can ban certain devices

PS3 sales wouldn't be affected that much,i track sales and this isn't gonna do anything more than 500k units this FY

dinjo said:
Anyone saw the new videos posted 1 ago..
i did,the PS3 SLIM one

YouTube - [Royal Game] PS Jailbreak PS3 Modchip Video Guide

HACK released online

click on the following and download it and try it

http://psjailbreak.com/downloads/manager.pkg

Desecrator said:
New games released for the PS3 require newer firmware updates so it might happen that the new firmware may disable the device permanently.

the device yeah but the hackers said its upgradable like the firmware updates

The device may get you banned from the PSN - not a big deal for peeps who are not keen of MP gaming anyway.

no it won't as its built from SDK tool os PS3,THEY WILL BE BANNING ALL DEVS if they ban us

The company says if a single file in the blu-ray disc is greater than 4.7GB it may not be able to rip it to the drive. Sony can very well use this loophole and create files which exceed this capacity.

that is just because the PS3 has a FAT32 thing on external drive but the internal drive can play bigger file as their isn't any restriction on that

not faliming just discussing

Back