PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

brickhouse said:
it is the same as the ones in those USB's they are selling

it should work like them

i am waiting for somebody to try and then i will go........hehe

Ok Dude....FYI, its not the same thing as that on the USB. The USB contains the SDK tools which make the hack possible. This is just the backup manager utility which goes with those tools in case someone doesn't have it already. Read the entire site before posting.

agupta02 said:
Ok Dude....FYI, its not the same thing as that on the USB. The USB contains the SDK tools which make the hack possible. This is just the backup manager utility which goes with those tools in case someone doesn't have it already. Read the entire site before posting.
NO IT DOESN'T

just look at this

YouTube - [Royal Game] PS Jailbreak PS3 Modchip Video Guide

you will notice they have the same size and that those people who announced it wouldn't just post some shit link

yeah it could be different otherwise,why don't you try it and let us all know that its faulty.....pleaseeeeeee

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dinjo said:
So who is going to be the first ?
YOU or we are all gonna shoot you dnjo

you have to do it for us

brickhouse said:
NO IT DOESN'T

just look at this

you will notice they have the same size and that those people who announced it wouldn't just post some shit link

yeah it could be different otherwise,why don't you try it and let us all know that its faulty.....pleaseeeeeee

So you think that these guys would give you a download of the entire hack for free and still post a link for you to buy it online AND will accept applications from people looking to become their distributors :S

And I think its only fair that since you have posted the link, YOU should be the one to try it out and let everyone know if its real. Otherwise STOP claiming its real and legit.

agupta02 said:
So you think that these guys would give you a download of the entire hack for free and still post a link for you to buy it online AND will accept applications from people looking to become their distributors :S

And I think its only fair that since you have posted the link, YOU should be the one to try it out and let everyone know if its real. Otherwise STOP claiming its real and legit.
they didn't actually invented the hack other site did

so they can give it away and they aren't selling it either so no loss to them

and sooner or ever it was gonna appear online

i didn't say its real and legit,i just said it has been released online and somebody should try it,sure it could be just some shit

brickhouse said:
NO IT DOESN'T

just look at this

I would say that was a pretty forceful assertion of it being real from your end with some useless sarcasm thrown in for good measure.

Anyway dude, its too early tell anything from anything yet I would say. Just don't go about posting useless shit trying to pass yourself as someone in the know. There are quite a few people reading this forum and you never know, some noob might just take your posts seriously and try something and end up damaging his/her console.

AFAIK n have read since yesterday....it seems they were demoeing off on Dev Kits an not on regular PS3's which we own.

Read this: PS3 Remains Unhackable Yet Again, Who’s Next? Yet Again

I dunno if what the site says is right / wrong, but this line made me think

But why did the so called “hackers” use a debugged PS3 system?

Debugged PS3′s or using the PS3 in Debug mode, are known to do exactly what he PS3 hacks videos are proving, play games from the hard drive by copying from the actual disc. Debug PS3′s can run unsigned code, these systems are used for testing purposes, and really wouldn’t benefit the everyday PS3 gamer because you won’t even be able to connect to the PlayStation Network.

Also there are 2 links on that same article. 2nd article is from a PS3 Dev: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/psjailbreak-playstation-3-jailbreak-for-ps3-consoles-arrives/

So before anyone ordering on internet please do proper research n wait for proper n legitimate confirmation of it running a PS3 game off HDD.

And for those of you waiting for it to appear on torrentz or RS....Indian ISP's are just the best for huge Downloads :)

I can't find anything on

System Updates | Support - PlayStation.com

or

PlayStation Blog : The official PlayStation Blog for news updates on PlayStation Network, PlayStation 3, PSP and PSPgo

And also they can't disable the USB port completely. They will probably try to fix via Software that the Dev Kit cannot be installed on PS3. Disabling the PS3 USB port will make them again lose one more feature of external HDD :|

@spacescreamer the news u posted i found on http://pastebin.com/wH0VSBVj ?!?!?

Yea the news seems to be on many sites giving ref of Sony official site as the source.

The site either is witnessing heavy traffic or some smart@ss made the link up.

That's y i held the news back.

^the latter seems true...as in, if Sony announces a Firmware Update they always put it up on their Blog.

Sony seems very quite on this issue....seems their Research team is hardworking on Blocking the usage of dev kit on normal PS3 :p

xXx said:
AFAIK n have read since yesterday....it seems they were demoeing off on Dev Kits an not on regular PS3's which we own.

Read this: PS3 Remains Unhackable Yet Again, Who’s Next? Yet Again

that site later itself said that a confimation of the hack has come

I dunno if what the site says is right / wrong, but this line made me think

Also there are 2 links on that same article. 2nd article is from a PS3 Dev: PSJailBreak - PlayStation 3 JailBreak for PS3 Consoles Arrives? - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Hacks

So before anyone ordering on internet please do proper research n wait for proper n legitimate confirmation of it running a PS3 game off HDD.

they are confused

its because the hack came from a the SDK tootls the devs use for debuging and other stuff which was leaked and it does work on normal PS3's

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

agupta02 said:
I would say that was a pretty forceful assertion of it being real from your end with some useless sarcasm thrown in for good measure.

Anyway dude, its too early tell anything from anything yet I would say. Just don't go about posting useless shit trying to pass yourself as someone in the know. There are quite a few people reading this forum and you never know, some noob might just take your posts seriously and try something and end up damaging his/her console.
i was just trying to help.and take a little help from someone who agrees to use it first...hehe

i didnn't mean to cause any damage though

BTW Ethan, Isn't this very similar to JTag (360), the dis-similarity being that you don't have to mod the console, it's just a software hack (which requires the dongle).

Aman27deep said:
BTW Ethan, Isn't this very similar to JTag (360), the dis-similarity being that you don't have to mod the console, it's just a software hack (which requires the dongle).

I think thats the biggest difference and is a very positive one at that too. See if this is successful, you don't have be worried about getting banned online cuz there is no change made to the console itself which can be traced using some sort of code as in the case of the xbox. Once the dongle is off, your console is like any other console and will play only original disks.

Got Info that the dongle is not like a USB Stick so it can't be replicated easily , unless Chinese come forward.

Expect to see a huge demand for Portable drives after this , since its better off to run it from external as said in scene forums.

Aman27deep said:
JTAG is a different concept altogether. This USB dongle thing can't even be termed as a hack. It's Sony's own SDK being leaked and circumvented for running back up of the retail discs. It, figuratively speaking, transforms retail PS3's into debug units. So there is no hack involved. PS3's internal security is still intact. JTAG on the other hand bypasses the security of the console and thereby permits unsigned code to run on the hardware. At least that's what I understand.

Ethan_Hunt said:
JTAG is a different concept altogether. This USB dongle thing can't even be termed as a hack. It's Sony's own SDK being leaked and circumvented for running back up of the retail discs. It, figuratively speaking, transforms retail PS3's into debug units. So there is no hack involved. PS3's internal security is still intact. JTAG on the other hand bypasses the security of the console and thereby permits unsigned code to run on the hardware. At least that's what I understand.
agree fully

its not hack as hackers didn't do much

So its a leak ... not a hack then.

Truth be told, I dont think many will care about that fact except the PS3 developers, they will be the biggest losers soon.

Back